Tactics against high flying average teams..

• Thread starter Thread starter deansy2012
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

deansy2012

Reaction score
I'm Man Utd but I'm finding afte looking at my loses for the past 3 seasons that I'm always dropping points against high flying sides like your west hams, cardiffs etc.. Can anyone recommend a good tactic to use against these teams?

just play with an attacking tactic at home...and play counter away...simple as that..you will actually end up having more possession than u expect while playing counter..and if i were in the epl, i would be playing a 4-3-2-1..with 3 central mids with different roles, two wingers (or inside forwards depending on what players you have), and a poacher up front.

It would depend highly om how they are playing. Also, it might be that your players are less fired up against teams like that.
Anyway, how are you playing today and what seems to not work with that approach against those teams?

Most Of the times when people struggling against lesser sides, its because they are too impatient, trying to play counter in à Narrow style. Here, you need to play much wider, retain possesion and perhaps use overlaps to draw those deepsitting teams out Of position.

Last edited:
Back