iDood

Reaction score
I've had an ongoing problem, with any side that I manage. This problem is half-time. Managing Crystal Palace, I have gone into several half-time breaks, leading by two or three goals, and in the second half I have watched my team flounder, conceding a horrible number of goals. I do more often that not win these games, but I want to know how I can stop half-time from ruining my goal difference. I had the same problem managing Chelmsford City. I was 4-1 up at half time, and I drew the game 4-4. I think my problem is that I haven't given the right team talk to my team, but I do not know which I should give my team, in order to prevent a phenomenal leak, which only ever occurs in the second half.

So I am asking: which team talk should I be giving to my players when I am leading a game by a long way?

The same thing was happening to me but i change things a little.
When i was leading at the brake i allways told them "I dont expect your performance to drop" or if leading is high "Im pleased".When i was losing i allways encourage team to play better in the second half.

Depends really. ''Don't get complacent'' I don't think pleased really worked because ive noticed i always end up conceding 2 when im like 3-0 and end up having a nervy last 10 minutes lol. Could also go defensive depends really.

i find that "don't get complacent" works fine for my team, it really depend upon the personality of the players,

look at the motivation pop up after half time to see how the players have reacted, try to remember individuals and then you can give out specific orders.

generally encourage but if your morale is very high, dont expect performance to drop

look around there is the same thread and I uploaded a file with how to manage teamtalks (or maybe ive been deleted????) here goes anyway just in case, it was for fm 08 but...

look around there is the same thread and I uploaded a file with how to manage teamtalks (or maybe ive been deleted????) here goes anyway just in case, it was for fm 08 but...

nice one,

i cant see SI having changed anything at all about team talks in 09 so it should work exactly the same.

if your teams morale is high, tell them you expect them to win, it might pile a bit of pressure but it will stop complacency

this thread was over a year old, why did you bring it back from the dead?