kiidforce

Reaction score

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger today has shocked Arsenal fans all around the world by announcing that he has to retire due to terminal cancer. Arsene had this to say.

‘’Today I’m very sad, having only just got this news myself. If it was my way I would never leave the club I love so much, but I feel I cant carry on’’.

Many fans are sad to see Arsene leave and hope that he wins the personal battle with cancer. No news is coming out of the Arsenal HQ about a replacement. Speculation is that Arsenal hero Thierry Henry is to command the gunners in this up and coming season as a player/manager role.

Flicking over the channels to find the news about Arsene Wenger blaring out on Sky Sports was shocking; I didn’t follow English football much but names like Sir Alex Ferguson and Arsene Wenger was in people’s heads all around the world. I knew players such as captain Cesc Fabregas because he is a fellow Spanish man. This news was shocking to myself especially when my phone rang to tell me Arsenal were looking at me becoming the new manager. At first I was nervous and didn’t know what to expect when it came to managing, I accepted to meet with chairman Peter Hill-Wood and discuss the chance of me becoming Arsenals manager.

It was the day of the meeting Peter told me that he would be in Spain by 12 and would come to my villa to discuss the contract. I really didn’t want this to go pear shaped, I wanted to do something right with my life instead of living in the shadow of my brother.

‘’Knock Knock’’

Peter was here. And all of a sudden I was very aware of my tongue, I wasn’t ready, I didn’t know what to expect. I ran towards the door in my Chanel suit and Italian loafers expecting the worse. Standing there was a man in not a suit but holiday clothes, I didn’t think he was the chairman of arsenal. The meeting was long and different, he asked me what sort of manager id be, what id challenge for and what id do differently.

After 2 hours of questions and answers, I was told id need to board the plane with him to England as I would be introduced as Arsene Wenger’s replacement.