The Battered Path of International Dreams and Ruins...

Giggles

Reaction score
England <3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2010wcfifa.png

Big Guns Fall as Africans Suprise...
Fifa 2010 World Cup South Africa- Review.

It was the World Cup that was prepared to rock the world. Africa's time to shine. The Fifa World Cup 2010, was one of the most eagerly awaited tournaments ever. Africa had its critics, but suprised many. The nation of South Africa joined as one, in a stunning visual tournament- With the sights and sounds of Africa, mixed into one. The spirit of the host nation was for all to see, when Siphiwe Tshabalala opened the tournaments scoring against Mexico.

The group stages produced the start of what was to be, a stunning tournament. But France and Uruguay could only draw blanks, and England stuttered to a 1-1 draw with USA after Robert Green's howler. Germany, Argentina, Brazil & Portugal all qualified comfortably into the knockout rounds- But Spain stumbled against Switzerland in a shock loss, but regained form to advance to the last-16. England needed a 1-0 win against Slovenia to progress, after a terrible 0-0 against Algeria. The big-talking points however, Italy & France. The Holding Champions, Italy, were knocked out after draws against New Zealand, Slovenia and Paraguay. And after unrest and mutiny in the camp, France's 0-0 draw with Uruguay was the highpoint of their tournament- Player walkouts led to defeats against Mexico and South Africa.

thumbnail.aspx

In the knockout stages, England had high hopes leading up against the Gemans. But all faith in Fabio Capello was quickly removed after a 4-1 defeat to their old rivals. And calls for goal-line technology when Frank Lampard's volley, which was clearly over the line, was not given. Brazil and Argentina strolled through to the Last 8 with comfortable wins. But Ghana needed Extra Time, to give the Americans a push out the tournament- Ghana had raised African Spirits, as Portuguese ones were dampned. Spain, knocking neighbours Portugal out, 1-0.

In the Last 8, things were hotting up. Spain easily knocked out Paraguay in a comfortable win, but all the other 3 matches, raised talking points. Holland outclassed Brazil, to advance to the Semi-Finals, as the Samba Stars were welcomed home with a chorus of boo's. Diego Maradona's dreams were ended by Germany- And in some style, as the Germans smashed Argentina 4-0, sending out a clear message to Spain. But the controverersy of the tournament was to be found when Ghana met Uruguay. A Header in the last minute of Extra Time, was hacked off the line by Luiz Suarez with the strikers hands- Suarez was sent off, the penalty was missed and the Africans were sent out in the Penalty Shootout. Devastation and Injustice for Africa.

thumbnail.aspx

Uruguay found their match, as they played out a wonderful match against Holland- They lost 3-2, as Holland's dreams of a World Cup Win was lifted. The big-semi final of the tournament would be free-scoring Germany against favourites Spain. However, Germany couldn't find the form they had against England and Argentina and crashed out- 1-0 the final score. In the final, Holland were described as the worst performers in a World Cup Final. A Dirty approach from the side in Orange, give them a fair-share of critics as English Ref Howard Webb should of sent more players off. Spain played their usual beatiful football, and it gained them their first ever World Cup- and it was deserved.

England weren't the only UK Team left feeling dissapointed- Ireland, Wales & Scotland all failed to qualify for the tournament, again. Which will leave minds thinking, its time for a change in approach.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bbcwc.png

Capello Given Boot After 'Key-Player' Fallout
FA Confirm Italians Sacking In Press-Conference

From the rigid 4-4-2, to the selection of Emile Heskey and the heavy defeat against Germany, everyone knew this would be no suprise. The FA Big-wigs announced a press-conference early this morning, to confirm Fabio Capello would not be leading England into their Euro 2012 Qualification Campaign.

The main reasons behind the dismissal were as expected- Poor squad selection, poor tactics, poor results. The final straw took from the FA's clutches being poor squad harmony. England's dismal World Cup campaign ended in a 4-1 defeat to Germany, with just one win- Which come against Slovenia. England stuttered to draws against the USA and Algeria- And lose the backing of England fans across the Globe.

Capello has little defence to his teams poor performance. Even the Injury to Rio Ferdinand, and dissalowed goal against Germany can't be used as applicable excuses. Now the vicious rumour-circle will begin of who will take over the reigns at England. Its uncertain now, who'd actually want the job- The pressure, fans and media a big-turn off. However, the bookies favourite is Spurs boss Harry Redknapp.

It's a clear direction of change from the FA- Another England Manager, as The 3 Lions want to get their Euro 2012 campaign off to a perfect start..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a brief opening and taster of the story- We'll have events from Scotland, Wales & Ireland in one later update soon. Please comment and give any feedback :wub:

Last edited:
Echoing everyone else, really good idea, i'll definately be following. And I hope the Green Army will be back also, as i'm from there too.

Thanks for all the comments guys- I was close to ending an update about all the countrys managers. I left my Laptop on over night on sleep, so when I woke up, I could come and finish the update off. I pressed 'preview' near the end of the update and it said something like the Token had expired :'(

I'll start writing it again now :'(

EDIT- After thinking about it for a bit, its best if I just do England. All the Home-Nations Updates would take so long, and I would just get bored and let it die. I'll still be controlling them all on FM, just not posting updates. So, its now an England story- Hope you still follow :))

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 PM ----------

thumbnail.aspx

It’s a Special Appointment As FA Hit The Nail!
Mourinho Confirmed As Capello Replacement.

thumbnail.aspx

A Man special, not just by his own description. Eccentric to the media, wild with opposition and truly great with tactics. After a stormy World-Cup full of upside down politics and vexation, the FA may be forgiven for thinking they’ve got it right this early on. A Premier League Winner, A Champions League Winner, A Serie A Winner. An England manager, who’s been there- Done that. And despite not being English, unlike Capello, he can be clearly heard.

The FA Announced Mourinho as Capello’s replacement, early yesterday morning in a press conference at Wembley. FA Chairman, David Bernstein had this to say about Mourinho; “He’s a fantastic manager, tactician and motivator. Really someone that the national football side needs, and I have the greatest confidence he can lead us to glory in 2012, 2014 and beyond.” Jose, who had spells at Porto, Chelsea & Inter Milan before his appointment spoke about World Cup Dreams “You know, I’ve won lots of things- Now, I’d like a European Championship and then a World Cup. Spain did it, we can do it.”

Jose’s first job as England Manager, will be to decide his new captain. Its expected, John Terry will be reinstated with the arm-band after Jose’s Chelsea’s days with the former skipper. Then Jose will have to pick his squad for the friendly against Hungary in August, and many will be wondering what faces will be called up. Jose has so far kept his cards close to his chests about his first squad saying “Who knows what could happen from now and until August.”

So, finally it seems the FA have picked a great manager. One we know that can entertain, change and win. Now, surely the FA and England can have no excuses about success on the pitch, with qualification for Euro 2012 vastly approaching..

Last edited:
Shame, but understandable why u have just focused on England. I'll still be following though mate.

Shame, but understandable why u have just focused on England. I'll still be following though mate.
Yeah- I didn't want to have a story ended after the first round of friendlys because I was bored. And I didn't to bore any readers with too much writing either. Hopefully England is just as good.

great opening posts mate! check out my story!!
Thanks Mate- I'll check out yours now.

---------- Post added at 01:51 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:07 PM ----------

thumbnail.aspx

Mourinho Announces First England Squad
Number of Players In Line for First Cap.

A Moment alot of English footballers and fans were looking foward too. Whenever a new manager takes the English Helm, the excitment is based towards his first squad- Which players will he be in favour of, which players won't he be in favour of. Many of the British Media expected to see a strong Chelsea bias- However, Joe Cole has been left out of Mourinho's squad. The message put across, prove your worth to this side. Shaun Wright-Phillips has also been left out, Mourinho has instead been in favour of his team-mates, Adam Johnson and James Milner. Full-Backs Glen Johnson and Wayne Bridge were ruled out with injury and replaced by Martin Kelly and Leighton Baines. Andy Carroll is in line for his first cap despite an injury worry. Michael Dawson, Gary Cahill, Jack Wilshere and Kevin Davies could also make first appearences for their country.

The Squad in Full;

Goalkeepers:
Joe Hart, Robert Green, Scott Carson.

Defenders:
Leighton Baines, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Michael Dawson, Rio Ferdinand, Martin Kelly, Micah Richards, John Terry, Matthew Upson.

Midfielders:
Gareth Barry, Stewart Downing, Steven Gerrard, Adam Johnson, Frank Lampard, Aaron Lennon, James Miler, Jack Wilshere.

Strikers:
Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Kevin Davies, Jermaine Defoe, Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott.

Who The Heck Are... Hungary..
International Friendly Preview.

thumbnail.aspx

Nation: Hungary

Times Qualified For European Championships: 2
Times Qualified For World Cup: 7
Major Tournament Wins: 0
Manager: Sandor Egervari
Captain: Zoltan Gera
Most Capped Player: Jozsef Bozsik
Fifa World Ranking: 52
Biggest Win: 12-0 V Russian Empire
Biggest Loss: 7-0 V England

England's first game since their miserable World Cup Campaign, welcomes Hungary to Wembley. England will have alot to prove, as Jose Mourinho makes his first wander into international management. It is expected John Terry will be announced as England Captain again, after being stripped of the job last February over claims of an affair. Newspaper reports are suggestion Frank Lampard will become his vice. Mourinho is expected to play a 4-3-3, with a target man up front- Which could be Andy Carroll, who will be supported by two wingers.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

Any comments before the next update?

Good read, well structured, keep it up.

Nice story mate laid out very well. Try beat Hungarys biggest loss which was by England funnily enough :p. Keep it up.

Looks good matey, and also see you are using the 4-3-3 that Capello has been using the last couple games, maybe he read this and decided to use it, lol.

Keep it up.

flpwstsifh7uzv6upfwfbw.jpg

Its Mour Jeepers Keepers, As Hart Blunders!
But Theo Saves The Night For England!

thumbnail.aspx

Walcott Celebrates His Winning Goal..

An air of confidence travelled around Wembley last night, like it was a large fire. And it was certainly contagious. From the chorus of the Great Escape to the National Anthem, an air of swag that must of only built the English Players Confidence, high. Mourinho's new reign as England Manager had everyone looking for this match- A Change from the rigid the 4-4-2, to a more free-flowing 4-3-3. What was there for us to regret?

Early on into the match, and Jose Mourinho's reign was off to the perfect start. Stewart Downing's run down the left wing, sucked in the Hungary defence- His wonderful cross, met Wayne Rooney in an acre of space to smash in. England off to a great start, as tactics were playing fine merit early on. However, Englands confidence was short-lived. After Robert Greens howler at the World Cup, we had a new goalkeeping issue- A Hungary corner was dropped from Joe Hart, as Zoltan Gera tapped in. England went in at Half-Time somewhat bewildered.

Whatever Mourinho said to England at Half-Time, appeared to be working early on. Good interchange from Gerrard and Crouch, left Frank Lampard to hit a wonderfully placed shot into the net, 7 minutes into the second half. Lampard's 21st England Goal, in his first game as Vice Captain. England played under the type of confidence you'd expect from a Jose Mourinho side. It was good passing, and good movement from England. However, it looked as though as Jose's reign was to start off with a draw- Gera's through-ball found a hole in the England defence, Szalai slotting home. Hungary's level par didn't last long however- Theo Walcott's dazzling run and goal sealed a win for Jose Mourinho- And a well deserved one.

Mourinho spoke after the match, about his sides excellent spirit and how he feels welcome as England manager- Jose's tough test of the first hurdle, is a resounding pass. Though bigger mountains will come, its taking things one step at a time for England, as their Euro 2012 Qualifcation Campaign awaits..

thumbnail.aspx

Happy Birth day for tomorow mate mines on the 6th :) good story so far how long will u be taking this? like to the world cup or...