howardrocket

Reaction score
Hey guys, I only started playing FM from 2008 (as I was/am a hardcore LMA fan). Now for me 2011 has been the best edition of the series, but I talk to friends about this (some who have played from the early days) most say 2005 was the best edition. So I was wondering what everyone elses views are.... and why that edition is so special to them.

Maybe it was the first you played, the best career you have had, or just certain features that made it the best edition for you personally.

For me, 2010 is the best, but have started in 2006 so I am a novice :)

2011 is the best, AI is "smarter" than ever. Still the AI is not "smart" enough in some areas of the game though, like long-term team-building, transfers, etc.

My first one was 2008, but I'd say 2011 is the best easiest imo.

2011 is the most fun I've had on a football management game in years. CM 01/02 I played for about 3-4 years until I found LMA Manager 2005. I was hooked to them until 2007 came out, then couldn't get in to a football management game as much as them until this one.

I enjoyed LMA Manager for a while, but found it far too easy. CM 01/02 I loved playing, had FM 2010 wasn't bad, but FM 2011 is definately the best imo. More work involved, which means the rewards are ultimately more satisfying. Not sure how much more they can improve it tbh, so probably won't bother with the next one.

I enjoyed LMA Manager for a while, but found it far too easy. CM 01/02 I loved playing, had FM 2010 wasn't bad, but FM 2011 is definately the best imo. More work involved, which means the rewards are ultimately more satisfying. Not sure how much more they can improve it tbh, so probably won't bother with the next one.

They could still improve the AI, the match engine and fine tune some other stuff. I definitely will be getting it for the new players.

They could still improve the AI, the match engine and fine tune some other stuff. I definitely will be getting it for the new players.

Couldn't they do that with patches though? I'm no computer whizz kid though, so don't know lol. Would seem better if they could do it like that.

FM 11 by a long way for me, while I like all the previous ones they just aren't anywhere near as good as this years IMO.

Couldn't they do that with patches though? I'm no computer whizz kid though, so don't know lol. Would seem better if they could do it like that.

They could. But they would much rather have the $$. Something has to fund their business.

Have to admit, LMA Manager (In My Opinion) was and will always be the best football manager game.
Would love them to bring it back out.

EDIT - Realised I had misread the OP. I agree fm11 is the best out of the fm series, but as above states if were talking about all manager games for consoles/pcs etc its LMA.