The Christchurch Story, Rags to Riches

Alex

Andre Villas Boas <3
Reaction score
On July 1st, shockwaves were sent through the footballing world as world renowned ex centre forward Alex Whitehouse took over the helm from the once even more shocking club, Christchurch. In his unveiling he immediately set his sights on the big time and set an ambitious long term target. ''Within 15 seasons, believe me when I say we'll be playing in the premier league.'' At this point the reporter from 'The Daily Mail' choked on his tea and biscuits with laughter, the heimlich manouevre was enforced and the press conference was re-scheduled for the 2nd July.

He announced his desire to stay at the Hurn Bridge Sports Club for the long haul and make Christchurch the dominant club in the 2020's. ''I'm delighted to be here and despite my lack of experience, I have high hopes for this sleeping midget.''

However, on arrival he learnt that with a club reputation of 100, a wage bill of £37 and no money whatsoever to spend he knew that this would be an incredibly difficult challenge and that it would be tough to bring in players of any kind.

With this, the interview ended and Alex Whitehouse went back to his office to sort out tactics, friendlies and potential signings.

Pre-season update posted this evening.

Enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Oh and for those of you that don't know, Christchurch are a team on the South coast of England about a 5 minute drive away from Bournemouth with a population of about 50,000. They are in the Wessex League at the moment and I have decieded to put them in the BSS replacing Braintree.

Good luck with it bud,and this time have a back up save ;)

Cheers mate, and yes don't worry there'll be a back up save! I'll update this later on when I've got back from work :p

£37?! That's mad. I did a similar thing with Stanway Rovers but got bored half way through my first season but we were sitting in mid table so if you make some good signings you can really do well. Definitely try and get a parent club, if you're lucky you might get Bournemouth. Also, do you have a stadium? Because in my Rovers game we didn't have a real stadium, it was just called something like -Stadium#1-.

We see so many of these 'i will have them beating Real Madrid in 15 years' stories but they never seen to last very long

Hope you break the trend

We see so many of these 'i will have them beating Real Madrid in 15 years' stories but they never seen to last very long

Hope you break the trend
He might of done with his last one if he hadn't had his save corrupted.I agree though,some people keep starting them then lose interest,i think its a case of not enough people commenting on their thread so they spit their dummy out and don't bother anymore.

Last edited:
I know, £37 as long as I avoid relegation this season I'll be very happy. But yes I'd love Bournemouth or Southampton as a parent club, yep our stadium is Hurn Bridge sports club which in real life has a capacity of about 100, not sure what it is on the game...
And don't worry Kris, I'll do all I can to break the trend! ...

I hope so. I would love to see someone do it. I have tried twice on this game and given up twice. Might try again soon and make it my last game of this fm.

Yea this is my main reason for trying to go for the duration. Because FM10 is out in a couple of months so I just want a game that'll last me till then :) My aim is to get a solid 2-3 hours of FM done per day in the week then at the weekends I'll try and get a season done, so my aim is to get 2 seasons done per full week and with any luck that'll see me through the whole 15 seasons. Wish me luck!

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:51 PM ----------

Hi guys, just to let you know that... I'm not sure how well this will go down but I have loaded the island of reunion with the idea of establishing a strong spine of the team of Reunion players with the hope that it'll see me out of the football league within 3 seasons. By that point, in an ideal world we'd have a better reputation and possibly been taken over so we can get rid of the Reunion players and try and attempt to avoid relegation in League 2.

Will post screenshots and will give an update of how I am doing later on this evening or tomorrow morning.

Sorry about the lack of updates guys, had some trouble at home so not been able to play much. But don't fret, when I get back from work (In abuout half an hour) I'll post my pre-season and signings then :)

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Having arrived at the training groud for his eagerly awaited first day as Christchurch manager, he arrived to what he first thought was the Christchurch Junior School football team breaking into the £10 training complex. But no, it was the initial 16 man Christchurch squad composing entirely of 16 year olds. With this thought in mind he knew immediately however reluctant he was that he would have to delve into the Island of Reunion for a few players otherwise certain relegation and an instant sacking. 1 week has passed since then and in that time he has sold noone due to the sheer size of the squad and he has brought:

Ins:
***** Robert £0
Eric Farro £0
Jim Ablancourt £0
Djamil Gangate £0
Felix Stephensen £0

Alex Whitehouse knew that some of these signings, especially the ones from Reunion would be seen as somewhat controversial which is why he only went for a spine of the team to maintain BSS status. With this he headed into the pre-season fixtures with no idea what was in store for Christchurch,

Pre season friendlies to be posted later.

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 05:49 PM ----------

Sorry for no update gents, my FM has randomly stopped working so when I get back from work later I'll re-install it and see where I can go from there then update. Thanks for all your patience lads.

That's bit of an understatement! In the meantime, while I can't update my story has anyone else started a LLM with their own local team?

I have!
Its Torquay United though which already means im in league 2 (not Blue Square) and its not going well, worried that it will mean the premier league 15 seasons but it is after all the first time trying ;)

GENTS: A kind lady at work has fixed my laptop however this save was deleted, so just for you guys a new Christchurch will be started later and I wont load up Reunion! :)

sorry to be asking, i know there is a country called Reunion, but is there a problem with the players or somthing as i remember seeing some threads regarding Reunion but forgettin what they were

Yea its a place where you can get really good players of League 2ish standard for free and minimal wages. Some FM elitists see it as cheating which is why I am not going to load it again and play properly :)

I will post an update of Pre-season games and transfers at 7pm tonight.

Peace out x

He might of done with his last one if he hadn't had his save corrupted.I agree though,some people keep starting them then lose interest,i think its a case of not enough people commenting on their thread so they spit their dummy out and don't bother anymore.

Well if people don't comment on your thread any more then there's no point in carrying on writing about it.. It's not spitting the dummy out, it's just called moving on :S I mean who really has the attention spam for a 15 year game that has to be updated pretty much everyday.

But good luck dude, no idea how you will manage to survive with £37 wage budget? :S

Well if people don't comment on your thread any more then there's no point in carrying on writing about it.. It's not spitting the dummy out, it's just called moving on :S I mean who really has the attention spam for a 15 year game that has to be updated pretty much everyday.

But good luck dude, no idea how you will manage to survive with £37 wage budget? :S
Some people seem to move on every other day though,thats my point.

Anyway can we get away from the argueing gents yes?

Some people seem to move on every other day though,thats my point.

Oh my bad, I misunderstood what you meant.

Anyway can we get away from the argueing gents yes?

We weren't arguing :S

How can you play with £37 budget? I'm spending £3.17k a week on my Bath team and thats still £1.02k smaller than my budget.