The CM 99-00 Thread

Steve*

Y.N.W.A.
Reaction score
Ok seeing as there isnt a sub section for all the older games before FM05 im setting up a thread for CM 99-00.
Does anybody still play it?
If so let me know how your game is going.

Just installed it today to bring back memories. Started my first save with Liverpool and still unbeaten in october. Wondering if anybody has any suggested signings for me? Budget of about £11M.
Had a bid of £7M for Ronaldinho accepted but he couldnt get a work permit.

Also does anybody know if you can take screenshots on it?

God havent played this in years did not know you can run it on windows i7?

God havent played this in years did not know you can run it on windows i7?

Yeah it took me a while to get it working. All you have to do is go to the icon to play the game,
right click and click properties,
Click compatibility and select run game in windows 95 or 98.

This will work on any game that usually doesnt work on xp,vista or windows 7.

Its great. I could do a seson in half an hour on it :D

I just love playing it having Keane,Rui Costa,Figo,Ronaldo and Batistuta in there prime :)

---------- Post added 13/06/2011 at 04:32 AM ---------- Previous post was 12/06/2011 at 05:58 PM ----------

Has anybody else played recently? Im looking for a good goalscorer in october... Owen has 7 in twelve and Fowler has only 2 in twelve. Currently in second and unbeaten but need a bit of domination. If anybody has the game and is unable to play the game look at the above post and this will solve your problems :)

Need a striker,winger and a CB... Can get roughly 20M to spend

Not played in a long time (I think I may have lost my copy of the game), but I used to find Montella and Saviola (work permit issue) to score a lot of goals. Also, Sharbel Touma, Kim Kallstrom, Florentin Petre and Sigursson (sp) are quality youngsters

Not played in a long time (I think I may have lost my copy of the game), but I used to find Montella and Saviola (work permit issue) to score a lot of goals. Also, Sharbel Touma, Kim Kallstrom, Florentin Petre and Sigursson (sp) are quality youngsters

I remember finding Saviola and thinking I was onto the next big thing. Juninho (the boro one) is excellent too.

I also loved Ander Sigporrson from KR Regeivac(sp). Never had the best stats but was a bit like Emile Heskey when he was at liverpool. When im managing Madrid or Barcelona there the first 2 signings :)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I was thinking of Starting a Story on cm 99 and maybe put it in the premium members lounge? Would anyone read it or are stories gone out the window?

Does anybody know how to take screenshots on these games?

My favourite old CM was CM3 - 98/99 treble season, love trying to emulate the treble season.

You would need to put it in your blog. Screenshots would have to be taken via the old method. Print screen, paste to paint (or similar program) and save.

You would need to put it in your blog. Screenshots would have to be taken via the old method. Print screen, paste to paint (or similar program) and save.

Cheers for that. I couldnt just put it in the lounge no? Seems to be **** all going on there lately...Wouldnt be much of a story really, more like progress on how my game is going?

Cheers for that. I couldnt just put it in the lounge no? Seems to be **** all going on there lately...Wouldnt be much of a story really, more like progress on how my game is going?

ahem my future 11 game is happening there thank you very much :p could be a good idea, would give the older members a bit of the nostalgia factor. Too old for me though :p

ahem my future 11 game is happening there thank you very much :p could be a good idea, would give the older members a bit of the nostalgia factor. Too old for me though :p

Other than that theres nothing been said on it for over a week :)
Yeah its great to see Rivaldo and co in their peak :)

I also loved Ander Sigporrson from KR Regeivac(sp). Never had the best stats but was a bit like Emile Heskey when he was at liverpool. When im managing Madrid or Barcelona there the first 2 signings :)

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

I was thinking of Starting a Story on cm 99 and maybe put it in the premium members lounge? Would anyone read it or are stories gone out the window?

Does anybody know how to take screenshots on these games?

That's who I meant, Sigporrson! I'd follow a cm 99 story, I think it would be much more interesting than most of the drivel out there

Wasn't there a super tactic for CM99/00 too?

99-00 was the best of the lot.....first one i played..fond memories...celtic have a great team