Anthems

Reaction score
In my first FM13 venture I will be managing Walsall. They are a club that are tipped to be relegated from the Npower League one this season. My aims I will list below:

Season 1: Main priority - avoid relegation. In my first season I will be hoping to achieve a finish on or above 18th position in the league.

Season 2: Main Priority - comfortable mid table finish. In my second season I will hoping to achieve a finish on or above 14th position in the league.

Season 3: Main priority - Top half finish. In my third season I will be hoping to achieve a finish on or above 10th position in the league.

Season 4: Main Priority - Play-off position. In my fourth season I will be hoping to secure a comfortable play-off place or automatic promotion to the Npower championship.

First five games

I am going to skip the friendlies because although they are important to me, they are not very interesting for you

CAPITAL ONE CUP 1ST ROUND.
Sheffield Wednesday 4 - 1 Walsall (Lauri Dalla Valle)

LEAGUE 1. Walsall 2 - 0 Crewe (Will Grigg, Own goal)

LEAGUE 1.
Preston 1 - 0 Walsall

LEAGUE 1.
Walsall 3 - 1 Swindon (Will Grigg, Ashley Hemmings, Adam Chambers)

LEAGUE 1. Walsall 3 - 3 Oldham (Lauri Dalla Valle (2), Adam Chambers)

Top scorers -

1. Lauri Dalla Valle - 3
  2. Will Grigg + Adam Chambers - 2

i played with walsall for four season and if you keep them safe in the first season they can progress quickly. second season i finished 12th and 3rd and 4th season i lost in play off semi. Hemmings and grigg did very well for me up front together.
have a look at romain amalfitano from newcastle. i had him on loan for 2 seasons and he won player of the year twice. very good AMC, very creative, definatly worth a look.

will be interesting to see how someone else does with walsall. depends on how much you know about them in real i suppose. im a villa fan but go down walsall every chance i get, so i know the team quite a lot, they have a decent young squad.

and most importantly good luck!

Thanks, I will be doing my best. My main problem at the moment is the limited funds. I asked to get the transfer budget increased and after they accepted I was thinking 'yessss'. Then I got the news. They gave me an extra... 3,000. Anyway thanks for your suggestion on Amalfitano I will look into him.

BTW good luck with your team Villa this year. I am a Charlton fan and I'm sitting there and thinking once Bent gets back from injury you have GOT to play him.

money is very tight at walsall.
and yeah villa are struggling this year, i dont think bent is the answer, he will score if you provide the service for him, if you dont you can go a whole game without seeing him. i personally think we should have cashed in on him in the summer and brought in a few experienced players.

let me know how you get on with walsall, it is a really save.

Unfortunately I got my computer back after I had to have it repaired and it wiped everything. I will be starting a new save with my local team Bromley FC