boozemonster

Reaction score
NOT SO LONG AGO IN A COUNTRY FAR FAR AWAY...
Or the story so far...

2010-11

Nikao Sokattack were in raptures to give me, Daft C**nt the managerial post at Nikao Field, Rarotonga. After a short but illustrious career of 11 games in the centre of the park for Cook Island injury forced me to hang up my boots and head prematurely into management at the ripe age of 26. In the Arena of South Seas Football the World was my mollusc with calcium build-up inside.

I was remiss in keeping my diary in my first year in charge of Nikao, the stresses of management in my first year became too much at time and for that I must apologise; but I shall give a brief run down of what happened.

The first year was filled with ups and downs early doors I struggled to get the team to gel. This wasn't helped by my own tactical indecisions and sometimes overextension of the ability of the lads. After poaching a few lads from league (and also having players poached back in return; the joys of a completely Amateur League) I stuck to a 4-4-2 Diamond a sat back as we rocketed up the league we won on the final day after beating the 1st placed team Takuvaine to go top on Goal Difference.

I gained few things from my Freshman season, the need for tactical consistency is paramount go play, in an Amateur League every team are thieving bastards and I'm going to need money to pump into the club... but how to get it when my ticket price is 30p?

2011-12
The off season has given me a bit of time to plan for the next campaign amongst other bombshells, like my assistant getting the National job in front of me! He will rue the day! I'll get him out one way or another, even if I need to resort to putting drawing pins on the wretch's chair, ungrateful sod that he is.
Anyway, the board have allowed me more coaching staff for the upcoming season so I strolled down to the jobcentre plus and left a few vacancies.
I have however found a genius way of increasing my campaign chest I shall tour Afghanistan, not only are the teams offering me £16,000 a match to play, but I might have some of the younger lads smuggle opium back in their... ere... well luggage shall we say.

Away to Nooristan (AFG) Friendly
Well the first fixture on my Afghan drug peddle. Signed a new attacking midfielder, he's a bit small, but then again the tallest player in the league is only 6'2 so not an issue, I needed a playmaker and he'll have to do.
Result: Nooristan 1 – 4 Nikao
A blinder of a result the boys played well albeit due to a 10th minute sending off on their behalf, but you still need to put them away.

Away to Kickers (AFG) Friendly
Not sure about this fixture, Kickers are either a really dirty team or make shoes either way it all sounds a bit odd to me. But who cares since their throwing money at me the lads will play.
Result: Kickers 3 – 3 Nikao
A good game end to end stuff but the lads couldn't really string their passes together. I knew we shouldn't have accepted those free boots from the home team.

Away to AFC (AFG) Friendly
An abbreviation nightmare this one. Afghanistan Football Club the cream of Afghan football. As the last venue on our Afghan tour this is the place to stock up on AK's and Heroin, sod the football, give the reserves a run out.
Result: AFC 1 – 0 Nikao
A terrible match that we most likely didn't deserve to loose but we couldn't hit a cows **** with a banjo. We cant place like this in the Cup or we've got no chance. Well a swift trip off to place in the Northern Mariana Islands to avoid customs and then its back home to get ready for the start of the season.

Away to Inter-Godfathers (NMI) Friendly
I've never even heard of this place so hopefully customs haven't either. Playing against a team called Godfather I'm also hoping they can help me with my Smuggling Racket.
Result: Godfathers 0 – 3 Nikao
Some near majestic goal mouth scrambling followed by a cross lobbing the keeper and a deflected free kick ensured we were back to winning ways. I'm a great believer that you don't have to be better than you opponent just luckier. Well the friendlies are over a mixed bag all in all, but a crisp hard £58,000 in the kitty for the Cook Islands Cup.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd see this again, last time was epic.

After two years in the wilderness the Cook Island Story is back by unpopular demand, and this time with the Dynamic Reputation it may actually realistically happen if arduous time consumption.

Away to Tupapa (Cook Islands Cup) (Cup. from now on)
With the Cup being such a small league of 7 playing each other twice its imperative to get off to a good start, last season was very hit and miss and I cant afford more pedicures for biting my nails nor the gloating of my snake in the grass assistant.
Result: Tupapa 0 – 0 Nikao
Boring as ****, my best striker a 15 year old got kicked off the pitch in the first half and although we controlled the match we never really looked like scoring.

Away to Avatiu (Cup)
Are we ever going to play at home? Well a new addition to my staff, I was getting fed up in all honesty a couple of blokes, one a Columbian (after the dope I think) and a Croat kept applying and then rejecting the contracts, I have my suspicions that my enemy Jimmy Aria the manager of Takuvaine was behind it all to keep me short of much needed coaching. I'm letting the lads have a bit more creative freedom in the one, hope they're up to it other wise heads are going to roll. Our last two matches against these chump have been goalless draws. Time to change things round.
Result: Avatiu 1 – 6 Nikao
Goals galore I couldn't have asked for more after the last match, this was just what the doctor ordered. The lad Romano Sila was on blinding form finishing with 5 in the onion bag and a set-up to boot... what a game... what a player.

Home to Titikaveka (Cup)
There has been a lot of media attention over the past couple of weeks. It all stemmed from a loose comment by Avatiu boss Cedric Toru trying to play mind games with me concerning the depth of squad I posses, reckoned I was under pressure to succeed did he? After dicking him 6-1 I was straight on the phone to the Rarotonga Football latest and told him to go and... Well we'll leave it at that.
Result: Nikao 2 – 2 Titikaveka
A good performance from the lads today, disappointing result none the less. At the quarter pole in the cup now and we could have done with a win in this top of the table clash; but after taking a 2 goal lead we picked up a couple of knocks and the team went to sleep. They finished well scoring their only 2 shots on goal and I'm left with Titikaveka's manager telling me how out of my depth I am... We see at the finishing line mate.

good story, different thn other ones av read, keep it up :D

Away to Utulei Youth (O-League Prelim Semi)
This match as well as being the biggest in my managerial career is also a complete unknown for me. Utulei crashed out of the competition at this stage last year against Tahitian side, so if we get beat we know that a lot of work is needed before next season. At 15-1 the bookies don't fancy our chances very much.
Result: Utulei 1 – 4 Nikao
Tenacious tackling was the key to today's victory, that and my tactical genius. We never really let the superior side keep control of the ball and by doing so gave opportunity for Geoffrey Strickland, a player my assistant wants me to drop, to get on the score sheet twice and assist a tap in at the back stick, well played Geoff son.

Home to Arorangi (Cup)
With the fixture list getting a little hectic at the moment I'm after a easy victory and getting the chance to change a few players around before our big Oceania match in 3 days time. Nothing ever seems to go as planned though I can see another draw on the cards.
Result: Nikao 4 – 2 Arorangi
We took the early advantage so much that I changed it around a little too much at half time. After giving away a couple of penalties my heat was in my mouth, trust good old Geoffrey Strickland to come up with the goods again, a screaming 2 and a half yarder after the goalie fumbles it, lower league dynamite.

Home to Hekari United (O-League Prelim Final)
At home to a Semi-Pro side from the cannibal Island of Papua New Guinea. A stern test against a bunch of head-hunter. We've strung together a good run of form and I'm going to let the lads go for it from the start.
Result: Nikao 2 – 0 Hekari
The boy Sila really turned it on today repeatedly beating the Cannibal offside trap to find himself in space again and again. Poor management I blame for our over turning of Hekari, who on paper should have been a far superior side. The 600 away fans that travelled over far exceeded our own paltry 150 supporters; yet were left rubbing their bellies and pointing to their big pot for much of the game as Hekari played 5 across the back and seemed happy to let us come at them. This was to their detriment as we held onto the ball for prolonged periods of play and kept 61% possession overall, leaving their manager ruing the haphazard long range shots that consistently sailed wide of the mark. A scorcher of a match for us and qualification into Continental Football proper.

This progresses us through to the group stage of the Oceania Champions League, where only the top team of 4 played in a home and away round robin format qualifies for the final. Thankfully we have sidestepped both New Zealand powerhouses in the guise of Auckland City and Waitakere Utd. Who where drawn in the Group B. That leaves Group A consisting of Nikao, AS Magenta Nickel (a Semi-Pro team from New Caledonia) Ba Electric (a factory team from Fiji) and Tafea (an Amateur side from Vanuatu).

Away to AS Magenta (O-League)
At least we can get the hardest of the matches over and done with, away against arguably the best team in the group. We've been given odds of 50-1 to win this. Its got the word “Dicking” written all over it. The lads are on top form, so once more unto the breach.
Result: AS Magenta 2 – 2 Nikao
The boy Sila once again was on fine form today, the young target man muscled the long balls from the opposition defence and grabbed himself a couple of goals before he was crudely brought down and had to be stretchered off. After that things went down hill quickly as the New Caledonians levelled in the second half and after a late sending off we managed to scrape a draw.

Away to Ba Electric (O-League)
Thankfully the injury to promising target man Romanu Sila wasnt as bad as first thought and the lad will be able to start in this match. I am however skating on tin ice now after in the post match press conference commented that the referee was born without a daddy, how else could he make such blatant errors. Another difficult one this Ba were loosing finalists last year and look to be sporting a similar side this campaign.
Result: Ba 0 – 6 Nikao
It wasnt even a match the young target man who has just finished training to play with his back to goal dropped deep to get the ball, layed it off to Conrad Piri the advanced playmaker and gaps open up all over the Ba defence. If this is the team that got to the final last year we've a **** of a chance if we keep playing like this. Top of the group... now to stay that way.

Brilliant mate good to see a different league used in a story 5*

Your original was the first story i followed with interest, I'm glad it's back. :)

Home to Tafea (O-League)
Superb the money that I've managed to squirm from prostituting the team in pre-season and my current little cup run have ensured the board are upgrading my training facilities, great stuff, things are on the turn already. The lads'll no longer have to train on the beach! Things keep getting better and better Robert Prosinecki one of the coaches for the Croatian national team has taken a job as coach (for no money the idiot) this should fall in very well for when my new facilities are completed in 7 months time. Tafea are on paper the weakest team in the group, if we play half as well as in the last match we should steamroller them like the Barca team of the mid 90's.
Result: Nikao 2 – 2 Tafea
Another good result as like Manny Pacquiao we continue to punch well above our weight. I shouldn't but I still feel slightly aggrieved that we didn't win this one a few decisions went against us including a blatant offside, but I had to keep my mouth shut or face the fury of the officials and possibly a touch line ban.

Away to Takuvaine (Cup)
Back to domestic competition. Some bad news over the past week, the National job came and went, not a look in again, such is life, but at least that ******* assistant of mine has lost the job... it makes me feel a bit better. Had my super sub poached from me, not a very nice feeling but made up for it by signing the Cook Islands International top goal scorer Junior Puroku as a replacement, not a bad deal, but not one for the future. 9 players away on International duty which is a bit of a worry, but then again they have a similar problem.
Takuvaine 0 – 2 Nikao
A boring and poor game without the internationals but a victory all the same, a brace for my U19 striker and a hilarious missed penalty for Takuvaine. Nikao head the league and I think we can pull away.

Home to Avatiu (Cup)
Last time we had a meet with this pack of muppets we slaughtered the 6-1, I personally think we're a much better and more gelled team than that last fixture. Yes the team is very young and prone to inconsistency, but I do believe we have what it takes to do the same again... if not by more goals and pull away at the top of the table. Especially when Avatiu have failed to take all 3 points in their last 4 outings.
Result Nikao 1 – 0 Avatiu
Yet another boring game that we scratched a victory from. With the internationals still away the lads struggled to string passes together and it was down to another missed penner that we secured all 3 points. At the half way point of the season we've open up a 4 point lead, with only 6 matches left another couple of good results and we're home and dry... I would however prefer to be playing more fluently, but that's football sometimes.

Away to Titikaveka (Cup)
Top of the table clash, a must win if we want to ease the pressure on ourselves and place more emphasis on the O-League. Titikaveka have been going through a dry spell in front of goal recently, but so have we. As and added bonus Terry Paniani the Titikaveka boss is believed to be in real trouble and could loose his job if the result goes our way, time for me to put my oar in I think. Hopefully with in National team not playing we should steam roller them.
Titikaveka 1 – 2 Nikao
I cant say I'm without worry at the recent performances, the lads are doing the bare minimum and for most of the game sit back and expect an easy victory. The look lethargic and without any of the drive that earlier in the season robbed the opposition of possession.

Home to Ba (O-League)
Second in Group A by 3 points with a game in hand. We dicked Ba Electrics 6-0 away so I want, no need the same type of quality again. The lads can afford to drop any point in this one if we hope to progress to the final.
Result: Nikao 1 – 3 Ba
An awful result. Took the lead earlier from a lovely move by the boy Sila, 5 mins later he had to come off and the team were never the same for the rest of the match. This result all but ends our chances of making the final in our first continental campaign.

Away to Tafea (O-League)

I'm no longer interested in the O-League its all but a mathematical impossibility that we qualify so the lads can go out and have a bit of fun, I think they deserve it and it might improve moral too.
Result: Tafea 1 – 2 Nikao
I don't really understand what happened here today, I picked a reserve team and told them to go out and enjoy it, and find myself going home with all 3 points. This still leaves us with a chance if we win our next match we can still go through on goal difference. I'm astounded.

Home to Matavera (Cup)
After the result against Tafea in the last match and a bit of a break for the first choice players, I'm looking forward to this one really, Matavera have been under performing and I expect a substantion victory.
Result: Nikao 2 – 2 Matavera
I don't know what going on with the lads, sometimes they play like heroes and other like headless chickens. I know this may come from having an average squad age of 21, but its not that much lower than the league average in all fairness. Still undefeated in the Cup so far this season though and look like winning it easily.

Home to Tupapa (Cup)
With the season drawing to its conclusion we are in a commanding position. Another couple of wins and the Cup is ours regardless of how badly I feel we are playing we are still running away with the league. Maybe I think we are a better team than we actually are, maybe I just expect too much from the lads.
Nikao 2 – 0 Tupapa
We did a clinical job on Tupapa today, I decided before the match that I would throw away my usual counter attacking approach and go on the offensive for once. Although the lads obviously looked a little uncomfortable at times not letting the opposition come at them, they did well and easily walk away with a win.

Home to AS Magenta (O-League)
Well results went against us. Ba Electrics qualified, so with one game left in the group I'm going to try and tweak the tactics a bit and see if I can improve things for next year.
Result: Nikao 2 – 1 AS Magenta
A corker of a game, I decided to let the lads have more time on the ball during the game by playing with a slower tempo, and it really suited them, instead of rushing around without thinking they allowed themselves more time to pick out the passes and it made us look a lot more threatening. The lad Sila had another blinder, 1 goal, 1 assist and hit the post twice, the result made Magenta look better than they really were.

Away to Arorangi (Cup)
3 matches left 7 points clear, a win here is all we need to clinch it, and to be honest I cant see 4th place Arorangi creating too many problems for us.
Arorangi 1 – 2 Nikao
Not a great match but we did what was needed to secure another Cup victory. It was easier to win this year than last, so that is a good sign for the future. 18 games unbeaten in the Cup now, lets hope we can continue this for the next 2 games and well into the next season.

Home to Takuvaine (Cup)
With the cup already won me and the boys are just looking for a steady away win, nothing to serious and let some of the younger lads have a little run out.
Result: Nikao 4 – 1 Takuvaine
A match we completely dominated aside from a well worked set piece for them. The lads are settling in to a slower paced game that their fitness seems better suited to.

Away to Matavera (Cup)
Same as the last game really, nothing in it for us but to continue our 18 match unbeaten run in domestic football.
Result: Matavera 1 – 1 Nikao
A result I'm not too fussed about, I would have preferred a win, but wouldn't we all. The end of the season, against all odds second in our Champions League group and added 5 points to last seasons total in the Cup. An all round good season.

---------- Post added at 04:21 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:55 PM ----------

2012-13

Well I've planned another Afghan tour of duty for the lads to get some more cash flowing in. But that's not the main issue of the off season, ******* passed over again for the national job, why? Have I not proven the best manager in the country? It would seem ****** well not! Bell-ends.

I wont go into in depth talks about my friendlies, so here are the results.

Kickers 1 – 1 Nikao

AFC (AFG) 1 – 3 Nikao

Kabul Club 1 – 2 Nikao

Kickers 0 – 1 Nikao

A good little tour, 4 decent results and an extra £70,000 in the kitty, on a whole this should set the season up nicely.

Home to Matavera (Cup)
With the pre-season out of the was its time to get out heads down and continue where we finished off last year. Being far more confident in the lads I'm opting for a slightly more skillful and crative approach this season. I hope the boys don't disappoint.
Result: Nikao 4 – 0 Matavera
A corker of a result considering the boy Sila got himself sent off in the first 20 mins. The team played well on our new narrow pitch and didnt even give a shot away on goal. More of the same please lads.

Home to Avatiu (Cup)
After a work with the big men upstairs my systematic approach to improving the club has continued, they allowed me another couple of coaches so with a quick word to my newly promoted Croatian Assistant (Oh yes, after he lost the national job I kicked the little backstabber into touch too) I've added two of his Croatian mates to the back room. Did a bit of wheeling and dealing with the players to boot, Shunia Herman an anchor man I bought at the start of the job was struggling to keep his place so I shifted him to Tupapa and brought in Robert Tauu a big burly midfield enforcer from Titikaveka to hopefull take his place. He is although a bit injury prone. It has been a bit disappointing that Sila has been given a further two match ban, but looking at the challenge he deserved more most likely.
Result: Nikao 0 – 0 Avatiu
*****, pure *****. Considering that for long periods we where all over them, without Sila we couldnt create anything spectacular. Tauu had a solid game, but no one had a good one, two more matches without the playmaker, hmmmm.

Away to Tupapa (Cup)
22 games unbeaten in the cup. Need to keep this going and stop dropping points with draws, we're a better team than that, however it is looking like we are only better because of one player.
Result: Tupapa 1 – 4 Nikao
A good result, great flowing football and some beautiful crosses to the far post always had Tupapa in trouble. Their only goal came from a right hash by the Gummie Bear Rory Willis, who seeing no one was challenging him to take the ball at a corner proceeded to punch it into the back of his own net... the ***.

Away to Hekari United (O-League Prelim Semi)
Its this time of the year again, when the season start properly and we have more difficult matches, thankfully Romano Sila's ban does not count in continental football, so I'm confident of a win today against the Head-hunters.
Result: Hekari 1 – 4 Nikao
Absolutely slammed the Papua New Guineas today. They didn't look like scoring since their early lead and our tackling was outstanding. Couldn't have asked for more from the lads. Its been surprising this season that so far although we play without wingers we are getting most of our goals from crosses.

Home to Lotoha'apai (O-League Prelim Final)
Make or break to the success of my season, nothing other than group stages is good enough if I want to keep advancing the team. A good result here and the money signs appear for another year.
Result: Lotoha'apai 0 – 3 Nikao
Another solid performance, decided it was a time to make a bold decision, and I did, I dropped Sila easily my best player for this one. He's been out of nick and another lad has been in... Result a fine win. We are through to the groups although I cant hold out much hope being draw with twice runners up Ba Electrics and winners one a piece, New Zealand semi-pro teams Auckland City and Waitakere United, hopefully this will bring in some revenue though.

Yeah I remembed this story from 2009 was it? Excellent, should work really well with the dynamic reputations. Good luck mate :)

Yeah I remembed this story from 2009 was it? Excellent, should work really well with the dynamic reputations. Good luck mate :)

Yes I think it was FM2009. And yes one of the reasons i'm doing it is because or the Dynamic Reps, and also I can run the league too.

I'll drop the chat about Nikao and the Cup once I get the National job and continue it more in the vane of the original if they ever give it to me.

Good luck

Looks like your making good progress domestically
Wish you the best
Remember your 09 story
Very detailed posts, plus the extraordinary pretense which you set yourself in, southern hemisphere alone is tough....but the Cook Islands. Very brave, but an enjoyable read
Keep up that winning mentality (H)

Great story! Keep up the good work. Curious to see how you'll do in the O-league this season.

What formation are you using? You should post a screen of the tactics or something.

Away to Arorangi (Cup)
Arorangi are top of the table at the moment and are have the ability to get out of reach if we don't take all 3 points today. Although only a short way through the season, knowing how short that is every game at the top is a league winner.
Result: Arorangi 1 – 4 Nikao
Quality result. One of the lads from the youth system has started to come good, at the expense of a quicker harder running AMC I've started to play with a bit of a passing and set piece specialist, although not a great shooter, his corners are beautiful and has grabbed us a couple of goals in the past 2 games by hitting the man at the back stick. 2 appearances 1 goal and 3 assists isn't a bad return. I cant wait until he plays with Sila the strong target man, its a brilliant recipe.

Home to Waitakere United (O-League)
A massive game for the club. With a 24 game unbeaten run in the Cup, the question is going to be asked of the lads... Are you ready for Semi-Pro football in the next couple of years? Or is it going to be a long auld slog over decades? Well the proof is in the pudding as they say, so lets see how my new improved side can do.
Result: Nikao 4 – 1 Waitakere
Going a goal down early on I was worried that our heads would drop. However due to an own goal, a missed penalty and a sending off Waitakere shot themselves in the foot and left Nikao Field shell shocked that they were comfortably beaten in a game they should have walked. The lads outdid themselves and although we did have the rub of the green, we showed that not only can we compete but can win at this level, against none other than the 2011 winners.

Away to Ba Electrics (O-League)
These Dicks again, the team are itching to put the record straight after destroying them 6-0 away and loosing a spot in the final to them after falling apart at home. We're a better team than we were last year, I have full faith in the lads. Prediction? 4-1 its our luck score this year.
Result: Ba 1 – 2 Nikao
Went a player down but still came away with a fine win. 10 shots on target and their keeper did a fine job of keeping them in the game. But **** them.

Away to Auckland (O-League)
Right not much to say here. We're 50-1 against they are 33-1 odds on, and by rights we should get a good auld thumping. But many teams have regarded us too lowly recently and if we can get a result in this match we could well grind out a place in the final. Sila has been too static for me recently I need more from him, so he's going to play as a complete forward and maybe not hold up play so much. This should free him up to be more of a threat on the end of the pass.
Result: Auckland 2 – 2 Nikao
A good result, we did exactly what we set out to do, loosing Sila to an injury early on was a blow, but due to the ensuing penalty we got on the board and managed in the end to grind out a draw.

Away to Waitakere (O-League)
Win this badboy and we go a minimum of 5 points clear with 2 more left to play. After the demolition job that we did to them a couple of games back I hope it wont be a problem, but teams down here in the Pacific seem to inconsistent to say the least.
Result: Waitakere 0 – 2 Nikao
A fine victory and it could have been more. We absolutely kicked lumps out of the opposition today. Lots of big tackles, lots of fouls, but we stopped them from playing football and brought the game to our level. An ugly but fine match. When asked by the press concerning my use of physical violence against the opposition, I told them straight up, “This is how the game was played in the golden age of football and I'm going to bring it back, you see Robert Tauu there? He's the next Billy Bremner... and I'm no Brian Howard Clough.

---------- Post added at 01:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Great story! Keep up the good work. Curious to see how you'll do in the O-league this season.

What formation are you using? You should post a screen of the tactics or something.

Doing well so far, kicking ***** out of the opposition on the pitch.

Here's a screenie of the tactic...

And a download... http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=4069

---------- Post added at 02:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

These are the lads that are really making it happen this season for me...

My Wingback Lupena is flying down the flank and then crossing to the back stick and Victor although he looks ***** hangs around to be on the end of the cross, simple yet effective.

Home to Takuvaine (Cup)
A match that we really should be winning, in truth I'm beginning to get blood bored with these Cup matches, they are just a stepping stone to greater things. They dont help tactically either as there is starting to be such a chasm in class between us and the rest of the league that it's making me tactically complacent.
Result: Nikao 6 – 0 Takuvaine
Well after a result like that I expected more emphasis to be placed on the lads game instead of the opposition, yes they played badly, but it was the lads that made them play that way. The media need to start giving the team the credit they are due and me too, I want the National job! Sod them saying Terry Paniani is a terrible manager, what about me? The Daft Cu*t the Legend?

Away to Titikaveka (Cup)
Now Titikaveka are not a team that we have a great history against, only 8 points out of the last 5 meetings, well its going to change. I'm no longer going to play nice with the lads, we have the ability to go all of the way in continental football and there is going to be no more mothering of them, be they 16 years old or not. The good of the team comes before the good of the players... and after the good of me. Semi-Pro or bust thats the motto now, no more “Good luck” or “You can win this” From now on I only expect wins and woe betide those who dislike that attitude, they don't belong in my team.
Result: Titikaveka 1 – 4 Nikao
A favourite result of ours. In truth we were a little unlucky to concede today, a fine free kick was our undoing. Other than that faultless, a sending off, but that I can handle, the lads play hard and I have no complaints about it. The highlight was the best goal I've seen us score, a deep free kick was played forward to Sila who headed the ball over the keeper who came out to collect the ball and took it one the volley behind the keeper to score a right belter of a goal.

Away to Avatiu (Cup)
If we can get 3 points from this and I see no problem there a 6 point lead opens up at the top of the table, just after the half stage of the season and another Cup looks easy to win.
Result:Avatiu 4 – 1 Nikao
That was a ******* shambles. We went 4-0 down in the first 20 mins all through set pieces and never looked like coming back, head went down, passes went astray and the team and result were shocking.

Home to Tupapa (Cup)
After the last match and the debarcle of the first half we need to put that disappointing blip dehind us and plough ahead like we have dine during the rest of the season.
Result: Nikao 4 – 0 Tupapa
Back to winning ways and not a moment too soon, if the lads can have another turn out like this next week, thats us through to the final of the O-League... unless my maths have completely left me.

Home to Ba (O-League)
Not actually a must win match for us, only needing 1 point out of our last 2 games is a situation I didn't see us being in at the start of the group stage. In that case, just a good solid game from the boy and a stroll in the final group game. In the build up to the game an offer for the club was rejected, much to my annoyance “Sheik Taripo” had placed an offer of £210k for the club, it sounds promising for the future if I can have some of that cash I've been earning to pump back into the club.
Result: Nikao 5 – 0 Ba
Absolutely destroyed the Fijian side today, they were left standing as we passed the ball around their defence and into the back of the onion bag time after time, they want to be ashamed of themselves. I've rightly been labelled the mastermind behind our qualification for the final, no praise is too good for me... except the National job!

Away to Matavera (Cup)
With the way Matavera have been playing this time around I really cant see anything past a 4 or 5 goal drubbing in all honesty. Nothing has been heard so far about the take over, so I must be patient.
Result: Matavera 0 – 2 Nikao
Boring game, 'nuff said. Would have liked a bigger margin, but you cant complain about a win. Like a good friend of mine said once, “Winning a game is like going down the town and bringing a girl back, some times she's not the best looking, but its still better than the alternative.”

Home to Auckland City (O-League)
A nothing match at this point in the season, a win would be nice, yet not really too important other than to keep moral at a high.
Nikao 3 – 1 Auckland
Some shocking defending by City gifted us the match, the pinnacle of it all was when their keeper charged out too far, attempted to head the ball and only got it as far as Ioane Victor who calmly rounder him and placed it into the net. A fine result.

Home to Arorangi (Cup)
Arorangi are placed 2nd in the Cup, but with only a draw required from our last 3 games to secure our 3 Cup win on the bounce, there isn't anything I can see them doing to cause us a problem.
Result: Nikao 2 – 1 Arorangi
Well it was a ****** awful day, never stopped ******* down from dawn until dusk and only 93 people turned out for us to be crowned champions again. Another successful domestic campaign. Much to be done in the off season if we want to keep the improvements going though.

Neutral – AS Magenta (O-League Final 1st Leg)
Us against the New Caledonia's in Papua New Guinea. Already this match has the potential to be a make or break for next year, due to my great cup run and the improving of the clubs stature I'm in talks with bringing the first foreign players over to the Cook Islands Cup, 2 Colombians, a South African and a lad from the Lebanon, all yet to reach their 18th birthday mind, but they look like they could be far better than my local talent until I can get the youth structure implemented.
Result: Nikao 3 – 1 Magenta
A game that could have easily went the other way, 2 penalties against the boys and a sending off, we struggled all of the way through. A blinding moment from Toru Raea-Rongo when at the restart to the penalty he dribbled through their whole team to side foot it into the bottom corner, well, the job is half done, I dont think I can last another match like that one mind you.

Away to Takuvaine (Cup)
The first of our hollow end of season games, just making sure no one gets injured and everyone has a run out really.
Result: Takuvaine 1 – 3 Nikao
Everything went to plan.

Neutral – AS Magenta (O-League Final 2nd Leg)
Well this is it the biggie tactics were tweaked in the last game in preparation for this, we need it and want it more than they do, now we need to prove it. Well a turn up for the books, my first non Cooks signing has arrived in time for the match, not the lads I was on about before, but a 20 year old from Ghana who has played twice for the U20's team, easily the best player in the squad by a mile, but do I risk him at DMC in this game? Maybe a look out on the bench?
Result: Nikao 3 – 1 Magenta
It was nothing like the first leg, a game we completely dominated due to my balls out management. I bought Abass Aygei for the 1st team and he played a full 90 marshalling the midfield and even setting up 2 of our goal, stunning debute. A fine win few would have thought possible at the start of the season. We thoroughly deserve the winners medals, and with the Colombians coming in next season I see no reason why we can successfully defend our title.

Home to Titikaveka (Cup)
Time to give the youngsters another run out in the last game of the season.
Result: Nikao 1 – 0 Titikaveka
Bland match, we dominated the Ghanaian has now changed to a deep lying playmaker and his passing was once again excellent, but Titikaveka stuck 11 men behind the ball and it was a very scrappy affair.

A great season only one loss all year and we did the double, with the new signings coming in I expect an even better season from the lads next year, and hopefully this board take over will come to fruition and we can maybe turn Semi-Pro.