The enigmatic '3 at the back'

• Thread starter Thread starter babyg87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4K

babyg87

Reaction score
Hey fellow FM and football in general enthusiasts!!

After watching the Italians pull it off successfully and every chance my tea, Celtic, are looking to adopt in next season I thought i'd post out to see you're general conception of the '3 at the back idea'

Any opinion, advice, feedback, success stories, failure stories would be fantastic!!

It's certainly an approach i've found fascinating since Saint Martin O'Neill brought it to Celtic in his first few years at Celtic!!

Again, any replies at all would be extremely appreciated guys!!

Let's all enjoy what's sure to be a cracking final on Sunday now!!!

I'd advise defensive wingers or wing -backs and with Wing-Backs I'd implement a Libero.

Celtic did it for years valgaeren Mjallby Bobo all where same type of player but it worked great teams did not cross ball much as chance of winning header was slim to nil lol

In this ME is rather hard to get good Defence performance with 3 at the back. Something which will be changed id hope for FM13 concidering Juventus won the league unbeaten with 3 man defence and kept the most clean sheets.

In this ME is rather hard to get good Defence performance with 3 at the back. Something which will be changed id hope for FM13 concidering Juventus won the league unbeaten with 3 man defence and kept the most clean sheets.

This. The ME cant replicate the movement and positioning of the wingbacks and the DC´s in a 3DC-tactic. One can tweak and tweak and come up with a tactic that works, but its wont look like the geuin flow you see in real life

i'm attempting it with my juve squad, just finished season 2, playing a 4231, got a bit easy and boring, so i'm changing it up, training m'vila as a libero SW, and pastore as a ST trequartista.

View attachment 257296

will sign willian, eriksen, or moussa sissoko, depending on who's available. still have pirlo and marchisio, but neither have been performing too well. have £40m to spend, will sign pedro permantly for £13.5m. will keep you updated on how it's going.

signed javi martinez and i'm signing abel hernandez. just beat ac milan in the super cup final. m'vila in the libero role scored a great goal from 35 yards. pedro rejected me but i'm trying to sign him on loan again, got a bid for krasic from chelsea, i'm trying to get £20m+.

View attachment 257335

View attachment 257336

I play a 3-4-1-2 with Napoli and it won me the league. I did concede 16 more goals than AC Milan but who cares? I scored 29 more! ;)

Playing 3 at the back is fun.. Playing wingbacks is lame, though.

I'm looking to try a 3 at the back tactic too but not with wingbacks

What DCs would be best suited to it? Do they need to be quick? Stoppers or Cover?

And what is this Libero role? What players suit it best?

Thanks

There's allready a tactic in the forum with 3 in the back. Its from Pawns and it works good.

Back