boozemonster

Reaction score
As a long term fan of the Cm/Fm games (I've played since the original on the Amiga) I've never been a top flight manager since Cm 01/02 (sad I know)

However much it has been done before, i wish to give my spin on being a good LLM (as many would agree with me its a little of a lifestyle choice)

1. Never take over with preconceptions, the team you have inherited has to play to their strengths, your own fixed tactics will not bring out the best in your players.

2. Although it is very good to have physical stats in the lower leagues instead of technical, I prefer for my lads to have higher mental stats than the other two... This is because no matter how big and strong or technical they are, if they run around the park like a bunch of bell-ends they're never going to give you consistency.

3. Training... Regardless if you use pre-made schedules or make your own if your coaches aren't up to scratch your training wont matter a ****.

4. Be ready to rotate your team... you may have a player who is far better than his reserve, but if he has a run of bad form his reserve although far worse may be a better choice (do not become too attached to players, you are the boss not them, its you job on the line)

5. Make good use of your scouts by all means but they only give ratings for the all-round position if you feel a player would be a fine asset in a certain position... sign him (your the boss)

6. Try not to change formations too much, the players don't like it; fiddle by all means but a complete overhaul will only upset the lads.

7. Don't be worried to tell the players what you think, your AssMan (name says it all) will be a bit of a *****. (Look for players with high determination too, they might not win every match but they wont sit and cry if you go a goal down)

Well thats 7 of the best for the mean time... I'll get back with more if anyone cares.

yeh i prefer being underdogs in cm series!

whats the pint in picking manutd or chelsea ! sure any1 can win with em!

i relish the challenge of minnow teams

even in premier like stoke etc

just wish we cud see the oppositions tactics properly at least after the match

oddly i find playing defensive counterattack creates more attaking plays in premier

lower leaguies longball goes long way

fm09 the 442 diamond is good and 43111, 41311 etc

no matter wot tactic or formation i use i rarely get over 30% crosses stat!

problem with small teams its hard to attract decent player then when they come they get big ideas and want to move to bigger richer clubs even after it was you and your team that made them a star ingrates! lol

happy footy :D