Hammers deliver Olympic proposal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
West Ham stars Carlton Cole, Mark Noble and Scott Parker visit Downing Street to present the club's joint bid to run the 2012 Olympic Stadium.

More...

Would be good for west hame to move into the Olympic stadium. More revenue from ticket price it's a 60,000 Cappacity.

Someone has got to have it after the games

TBH i dont want to move as i go over upton park every home game and the atmosphere is immense :(

They could also be Champions League contestants by then..

To be honest, I think our ground is perfect for us at the moment. But if we do have real plans to take the club forward then a move to the olympic stadium makes sense. Also means I will be able to get a ticket for every game and they will be cheap, and I think the atmosphere will still be pretty fantastic, so happy days :)

Should have sent Luis Boa Morte, Jonathan Spector and Rob Green instead.

Hope they get it nonetheless, will be a huge move for them.

Would West Ham seriously fill a 60,000 seat stadium? Half empty stadiums with running tracks can't be a good sight.

Would West Ham seriously fill a 60,000 seat stadium? Half empty stadiums with running tracks can't be a good sight.

i seriously doubt that they'd fill half of the stadium, no offence to West Ham fans but they don't even fill Upton Park most games.

i seriously doubt that they'd fill half of the stadium, no offence to West Ham fans but they don't even fill Upton Park most games.

interesting seeing as we fill a 35,000 stadium week in week out. Normally, there is around 33,000 fans at every home game. Most of the general public cannot get tickets for the higher profile games and most think that the tickets are too expensive, so if we got the stadium, and Sullivan reduced ticket prices, like he promised, I would think that we would fill a minimum of 45,000 each week.

interesting seeing as we fill a 35,000 stadium week in week out. Normally, there is around 33,000 fans at every home game. Most of the general public cannot get tickets for the higher profile games and most think that the tickets are too expensive, so if we got the stadium, and Sullivan reduced ticket prices, like he promised, I would think that we would fill a minimum of 45,000 each week.

ok well i do apologise, dont know too much about West Ham but 45,000 still leaves 15,000 empty seats.

ok well i do apologise, dont know too much about West Ham but 45,000 still leaves 15,000 empty seats.

Yeh I agree, I highly doubt we will fill a 60,000 capacity stadium every week, but i do expect it to be much more than half

Stadiums with a running track = poor atmosphere, fans too far away from pitch, look at what happened with Juventus at the Delle Alpi, that is unless they have a movable stands thing like there is going on at Man City

Essex, and East London in general is full of West Ham supporters.

I think it's possible to fill, but I doubt it'll happen every week. Not until results start picking up anyway.