The Great Escape: An FC Halifax Story

Interesting read, nice work. I'll follow this although I can't help much with who to sign for the BSN ;)

i started a save unemployed and took the droylesdon job in november but couldn't keep them up with the absolutely shocking squad they had. (only 5 points when i joined late into the month with virtually no-one who seemed up to the standard i needed) at the end of teh season i declared interest in the halifax job and got an ultimatum from teh bord, so i resigned and took the halifax job when offered later in the day game time.

after having virtually the whole squad released at the start of the second season i've found that Michael Nardiello (who the previous manager got on a free from tiverton) has been outstanding for me upfront with 7 in 9 in the league so far and over 20 goals last season before i took over. another key player from both the clubs i've been in charge of so far has been thomas lyskov who i originally got on a free beginning of december and has been a solid laftback with potential to improve further. also whilst at droylesdon one of my key players was Paul Marshall who after a brilliant time last season will now cost me 500k but could probably be got for alot less at the start of the game when he isn't quite as pivotal to droylesdon.

anyway what tactic are you planning on using as so far i've found soem success with my own 4-1-1-2-2 formation leaving me mid table so far albeit after rebuilding virtually the entire squad on half the wages i was paying last season. in fact my entire wage budget is about 1k down on last year.

good reading mate will be following

it was Lyskov with an L, and it might be because i have a huge database loaded up, although i've seen people taking on teh bsn/s to champions league challenge with him.

looks really good mate i likw this :) yeah tactical analysis realy really good, love when people do LL stories, hope you keep it up :D

Your Midfield is not very Rigid looking at that I've looked at Mine and my Player's are pretty much in there Exact Positions placed in I ply stranded back 4 but 1 DM 1 MC AML/AMR so you can see from that they don't move around much witch is what you really want for lower leagues I find

View attachment 201044

Well done mate oneof the best stories that i ever read keep it up please mate and good luck

Oh and I looked at the passing thing to be honest it looks confusing lol but I tend to look at each individual pass type then see who completing the most and who is not if there not could be worth adjusting there passing a little IE make it longer or shorter but yer you should look at it every now and again to spot weaknesses and if a player still does badly could be worth replacing him.

Wow that a lot of injuries there bud Most I've had is 2-3 in 2 seasons could be worth you looking at your physio thou how good is he I found since I replaced my old one with one who actually has some skill at it Injuries lessened as the player where getting better on and off the pitch physiotherapy

Haven't checked this for a while but, you're doing really well so keep it up mate. Congrats on promotion.

I liked the tactical analysis update you did a few pages back and was wondering if you were going to another such update soon?

All ways nice to see a lower league stories congrats in winning the league i will follow hope you do well next year

Good luck mate. It will be close to impossible to sign Becks at this level...surely.