The Eagles Flying High a story with Crystal Palace F.C.

Lewis Barlow

Reaction score
The Aim of this story like the previous one (Which corrupted) is to become not only the best team ever in England by surpassing Manchester United's 19 league titles record, is to also to knock off Real Madrid as the kings of Europe by surpassing their 9 Champions League titles.

About the club.
View attachment 289239

Crystal Palace Football Club is an English Football league club based in South Norwood, London. The team plays its home matches at Selhurst Park, where it has been based since 1924. The club currently competes in the second tier of English Football, The Championship. Crystal Palace was formed in 1905 by workers at The Crystal Palace. The club reached the top division of English Football in 1969–70, and its first major final was in1990. It was relegated from the top division in 1973 and once again in the following season. That left the club playing in the third tier of English football for the 1974–75 season, before being promoted back to the top level by 1979–80.
Crystal Palace's most recent successful period began in 1988–89, when the club finished third in the Second Division and was promoted to the First Division. It reached the 1990 FA Cup Final only to lose the replay against Manchester United, and finished 3rd in the First Division in 1990–91. Palace was a founding member of the FA Premier League (1992–93) but was relegated that season. Since then Palace has been relegated from and promoted to the FA Premier League on 4 separate occasions. Its most recent relegation from the top flight was in the 2004–05 season.
Crystal Palace's main rival is Brighton & Hove Albion, though it also has rivalries with fellow South London teams Millwall and Charlton Athletic. The club has twice gone into administration, first in 1998, which ended in 2000 with its purchase by Simon Jordan. His tenure also ended with administration in 2010, leading to a takeover by the CPFC 2010 consortium consisting of Steve Parish, owner of marketing agency Tag: Worldwide,Martin Long, founder of Churchill Insurance, Farr Vintners chairman Stephen Browett and investment fund manager Jeremy Hosking.

The stadium.
View attachment 289240

Not the biggest of stadiums but i intend to build a new stadium as soon as the board let me anyway.

The Kits.
View attachment 289241View attachment 289242

The Captain.

Paddy Mccarthy.
View attachment 289243

The Best Player.
Wilfried Zaha.
View attachment 289244

The Budgets.

Transfer Budget- 200k
Wage Budget- 170k

Is the team as good as they have been playing in real life? On FM there only predicted 14th! Should be a good save though. good luck

Seem to decent so far unbeaten in pre season scoring 14 goals, problem is finding decent players wanting to join because we are only predicted 14th

Pre season and August update,

First of all the transfers.
View attachment 289273
Now with a very limited budget i had to scratch and claw to get players and i only managed to bring two in but im happy with the two i have managed to get,

First of all is Darius Vassell who i signed just as a backup to Glenn Murray and David Goodwillie.

The other transfer was that of wonderkid Adryan who i had to beg the board to give me more money to sign him and luckily they obliged, lets just hope hes worth it.

The Results So far.

View attachment 289276

So we had an excellent pre season going through unbeaten and even beating Sevilla which i was ecstatic about, the most disappointing result so far is the Burnley game as i was 2-0 up and threw it away.

Player of the Month.
Glenn Murray.

View attachment 289278
He had an excellent month scoring 7 goals in 5 games.

The table so far.

View attachment 289280So after the first month sitting nicely in the playoff spots, hopefully push for the automatic spots in the coming months.

September Update coming soon....

September.
The results this month.
View attachment 289335
So as you can see we are unbeaten this month with 4 wins and 1 draw, The form of champions maybe?

Player Of The Month
Wilfired Zaha.
View attachment 289336

Zaha has been in exceptional form this month with 4 goals and 4 assists, living up to his potential at the minute.

The table after September.

View attachment 289338

Were top!! Our push for promotion is well on track, if we keep this form up we may be champions.

October update will be posted later today.

October.
The results.
View attachment 289434
A pretty awful month to be honest, we only picked up 4 points from the entire month and didn't really deserve them.

The table.

View attachment 289435
After topping the table at the end of last month, this poor month has seen us drop all the way to 8th. Goes to show how tight the championship really is.

Player Of The Month.
Not that there really deserved to be.
View attachment 289442
For the second consecutive month Zaha has been our best player picking himself a few goals and a couple of assists.

Lets hope we have a better November....

Mid way through November stuggling for goals at the minute, looking for a striker on loan as there is a week left until the loan deadline any suggestions?

Mid way through November stuggling for goals at the minute, looking for a striker on loan as there is a week left until the loan deadline any suggestions?

Velios who I have on loan at Palace from me (Everton) is joint top goalscorer in the league. He may be available on loan.

November.

The Results.
View attachment 290248
So all in all not a bad month, slightly dissapointed with the 2 losses as i was leading both games and ended up throwing it away.

The Table after November.
View attachment 290249

So im back up to 4th after a good month, still have a lot to do to catch the leaders though.

Player Of the Month.

View attachment 290250
David Goodwillie who stepped up when i needed to score more goals by scoring 5 times this month.

Also i wanted to know if there is anything else you want me to include in my posts?

December update will be up later today....

Next update will be up tonight, been busy the last couple of days so have not had much gameplay.

Has anyone picked up David Suazo on a free he managed 12 goals in 18 games for my Barnsley team, he wants cheap wages and is a good stop gap

Has anyone picked up David Suazo on a free he managed 12 goals in 18 games for my Barnsley team, he wants cheap wages and is a good stop gap
I'm not sure as I'm not at home at the minute will have a look when I get back and let you know :)

No one has picked him up as of yet so i have offered him a contract on your recommendation, lets hope it pays off

December.

View attachment 290903

With 7 games this month this is without question the most important month of the season, As with a cramped fixture list means there is a lot of points available in this month.

Crystal Palace 4-0 Nottingham Forest
Vassell Murray Zaha Adryan
This is without a doubt the best game since i took over Nottingham Forest were top of the league and then they came to Selhurst Park and left with their tails between their legs.

Crystal Palace 0-0 Watford
This game was slightly irritating as we had 12 shots on target to watfords 1 and they still managed to come away with a point in the end.

Peterborough 0-2 Crystal Palace
Martin Murray
Still unbeaten this month and this results helps us to push for promotion, this game also gave us our 3rd clean sheet in a row.

Birmingham 1-2 Crystal Palace
Vassell (2)
Two goals from the backup striker helped us to record a 4th straight win in the league and to keep climbing up the table.

Barnsley 1-2 Crystal Palace
Vassell Adryan
Another goal from Vassell and a goal from the wonderkid Adryan helps us to a 5th straight win.

Crystal Palace 0-1 Burnley
Cant really complain about this game we didnt deserve anything from the game and showed their class in this game.

Crystal Palace 5-2 Charlton
Jedinak Williams Moxey Bolassie Zaha

This was an absolutely brilliant game, although we started poorly and were 2-0 down we recovered in the second half to record our 6th win of the month.

Player Of The Month.
Darius Vassell
View attachment 290904

This guy just seemed to be at the heart of everything we did this month helping himself to a few goals and assists through the way.