Reaction score
Greeting's :)

This is almost an "Annuel" avent for me on FM Base to bring you the joy i enjoy for attempting to make my favourite team into football's sucess story books. Blyth Spartans are my local team and have supported them for the last 3 seasons. My aim is to get the team into the football league and a bigger club to what they currently are!

The way i'll set out my story will be colourful, interesting and will hopefully what you to keep checking up on every update. My last stories other the last few years havn't had the best "English" published into writing them, but with me getting older, i've realised that i want to take more care in how other's read the text.

No Retreat, No Surrender ... THIS IS SPARTA !!! Prepare for glory.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:15 PM ----------

dfs_wl_eng_blyth_spartans.gif

Blyth Spartans Football Club
Blyth are a member of the Blue Square Bet North and are located in the North East of England. They formed in 1899 and have played at their current ground Croft Park since 1909. It holds a maximum capacity of 4400 with just under 550 seats. Blyth are fierce rivals with local team Gateshead FC. "Spartans" were named after the Greek soliders when the club were made to respendle to fight on the football pitch just like their ancesters.
Chairman: Tony Platten
General Manager: Ian Evans
Assisant Manager: Chris Swailes
Physio: Susan Coates
Kit Man: Tony Kennedy (H)

First Team Squad

Goalkeepers
Jake Cunningham - 19
Sam Grieveson - 17

Defenders
Phil Cave - 23
Chris Swailes - 39
Wayne Buchanan - 28
Callum Morris - 20
Steve Harrison - 28

Midfielders
Michael Tait - 22
Nicky Deverdics - 22
Steven Turnbull - 23
Neal Hooks - 22
Calvin Smith - 23
James Marwood - 20
Liam O'Mahoney - 19
Robert Dale - 26
Danny Groves - 19

Strikers
Paul Brayson - 32
Ian Graham - 23
John Alexander - 24
Michael Wepplewhite - 20

Spartanszone.com/News/New Manager - Blyth Spartans are pleased to announce that a replacement for Mick Tait's departure has been filled. Local lad Michael Soulsby has taken the bull by the horns and stepped up for the role. Soulsby is a young coach who Tony Platten and the board have decided to put incharge. We, the clubs fans would like to thank Mick Tait for his time at the club and good luck for his future.

Good luck, I used to manage Blyth on FM10 due to them being called The Spartans and having a good kit :p

Will be following your progress.

A Spartan Pre-Season

The number of teams who Blyth will be warming up for the season awaiting have been released. It see's an away trip to Northern Ireland's Nortel. Other away trips go from Marine, Billingham and Bamber Bridge in England.

[H] - Berwick Rangers - Scotland
[H] - Forres Mechanics - Scotland
[A] - Nortel - Northern Ireland
[A] - Marine - England
[A] - Billingham Synthonia
[H] - Neath - Wales
[A] - Bamber Bridge - England

Update of these games soon, as i finish school at 12:00 :p

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Blyth Spartans 2-2 Berwick Rangers - Dale, Alexander
An equal game but with coming back from behind, Berwick will be pleased with their second half preformance. First game for Soulsby marked down as a draw.

Blyth Spartans 4-3 Forres Mechanics - Brayson x2, Harrison, Hepplewhite
First win for new boss Soulsby as Blyth win in a close encouter with Scotland's Mechanics. Captain Paul Brayson looked deadly when attacking.

Nortel 2-1 Blyth Spartans - Alexander
Blyth were outclassed by a better team but did well to stay strong until the end of the game. First defeat for Soulsby but not to disapointing.

Marine 3-3 Blyth Spartans - Brayson x2, Deverdics
Another high scoring game which couldn't decide a winner. Soulsby's men look strong but are conceading to many goals. Could this become a serios factor?

Billingham 4-5 Blyth Spartans - Dale x3, Marwood, Duckworth(Trailest)
A 9 goal thriller but Spartans took the last step to make sure of an away vicoty. A missed penalty could of extended Blyth's lead to more.

Blyth Spartans 2-0 Neath - Boffa (Under18), Dale
Blyth's first clean sheet thanks to Cunningham's cat-like reflex's. A good team was beaten to the expence of Spartans, looking impressive.

Bamber Bridge 1-1 Blyth Spartans - Tandy (Under18)
A interesting tie as Blyth finish their pre-season tour of Great Britain and ready to prepare for the season to begin.

Signings

Phil Warner - Defedner who can play in all positions. Back up incase of injuries or suspensions.

Will Grocett - Left midfielder who can play in the centre. Again backup for the first team incase of missing players.

---------- Post added at 11:01 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:25 PM ----------

With the Pre-Season friendlies over, the days counting down to the first game of the season draws nearer. With the fixtures being released during July, Blyth's first game see's them travel away to rivals Workington. A good amount of away travel from the Spartan Army will make it even more of the exciting tie.

Workington [A] - 7th August

Blyth Sqaud - Cunningham, Warner, Morris, Swailes, Cave, Harrison, Turnbull, Deverdics, Grocott, Dale, Brayson
Subs Used - Buchanan, Marwood, Graham

With a good 30 fans coming accross from Blyth gave to occation more speical for Soulsby's first game incharge. Overall saw a crowd of 343 came to the game to start off the season.

It was Blyth who started the best keeping the ball possesion from kick off and took the lead after 30 seconds for captain Paul Brayson. A great start for Blyth and Soulsby, they couldn't of had a better start. With Blyth in the lead, Workington really started to worry and attacked with all their force. On 25 minutes they drew level from winger Anthony Wright to make it even.

Second half saw no more goals with not much activity in the attacking section, but chances did appear for both teams but nothing was produced. Even the introduction of three substatutes didnt tip the balance for Blyth and the game ended as a draw.

Workington 1 - Wright (25)
Blyth Spartans 1 - Brayson (1)

---------- Post added at 04:30 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:01 PM ----------

Sorry for not posting latley but i've been busy and finished the first season. So to save time i'll just posted the results in a LONG list with the competition besides it.

Blyth 1-1 Droylsden - League
Redditch 1-2 Blyth - League
Blyth 0-1 Ilkeston - League

Stalybridge 2-0 Blyth - League
Blyth 5-1 Gloucester - League
Blyth 2-0 Nuneaton - League
Blyth 3-2 Hall Road Rangers - FA Cup 2nd Quali
Blyth 2-2 Alfreton - League

Gainsborough 0-0 Blyth - League
Boston United 2-2 Blyth - League
Blyth 1-0 Biggleswade - FA Cup 3rd Quali
Blyth 0-0 Harrogate - League
Blyth 1-0 Whyteleafe - FA Cup 4th Quali
Stafford 4-1 Blyth - League

Blyth 1-0 AFC Telford - League
Oxford 3-0 Blyth - FA Cup 1st Round
Hinckley 2-0 Blyth - League
Blyth 3-2 Guiseley - League
Worcester 3-1 Blyth - FA Trophy 4th Quali
Solihull 3-3 Blyth - League
Vauxhall 0-4 Blyth - League

Blyth 1-1 Worcester - League
Blyth 2-0 Corby - League
Hyde 2-1 Blyth - League
Blyth 1-1 Eastwood - League
Blyth 0-1 Workington - League
Blyth 3-0 Redditch - League
Ilkeston 1-3 Blyth - League

Droylsden 4-2 Blyth - League
Blyth 4-2 Stalybridge - League
Gloucester 5-2 Blyth - League
Blyth 2-1 Gainsborough - League
Nuneaton 1-0 Blyth - League

Blyth 2-2 Boston United - League
Blyth 2-0 Stafford - League
Alfreton 5-3 Blyth - League
Harrogate 0-0 Blyth - League
AFC Telford 2-0 Blyth - League

Blyth 1-0 Hinckley - League
Guiseley 1-0 Blyth - League

Blyth 0-2 Solihull - League
Worcester 0-1 Blyth - League
Corby 2-4 Blyth - League
Blyth 1-1 Hyde - League
Blyth 0-2 Vauxhall - League
Eastwood 1-2 Blyth - League

Blue Sqaure North : 11th
Eon FA Cup : First Round
Carlsberg FA Trophy : Fouth Qualifier

Manager of the Season : Michael Soulsby (Blyth)
Player of the Season : Liam Hearn (Alfreton)

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 AM ----------

Season 2011/12 - Blue Sqaure Bet North

I'm sorry for not going into detail for the past season as i didn't feel that i could of done a good job from writing from so long ago. But i Promise that this season will have my full attention aslong as i get backing off others. |)

With a average season just passed, Blyth Spartans will be looking to start the following season off running with new players. Spartans have offically extended Michael Soulsby's contract by one extra year with the fear that he may leave for bigger sucesss after winning Manager Of The Season dispite finishing mid-table.

With Soulsby recognising that some areas in Blyth's team isn't up to standards, he has released a healthy number of players in hope of an improved sqaud.

Players shown the Door

- W. Buchanan
- P. Cave
- I. Graham
- J. Alexander
- S. Harrison
- D. Groves
- M. Tait
- S. Greiveson
- N. Hooks
- L. O'Mahoney
- M. Wepplewhite
- J. Leberl

All of Blyth Spartans would like to thank the players who antisipated last season and good luck in their footballing career's.

With an small squad remaining, Soulsby and Swailes will have their work cut-out to fill in those missing gaps. Pre-Season is approaching fast and the trialest's will be arriving to Croft Park to show what they can do to audition for The Spartans !!!

Pre-Season 2011

With the friendly invitations appearing each day, a list started to grow with names of small teams printed upon it. These are the teams which will be playing Blyth during the summer break...

- Launceston A
- West Auckland A
- St Austell A
- Ryton A
- Slimbridge N
- South Sheidls A
- Dunston A
- Spartans (Scottish) H

Blyth Sqaud for Pre-Season - Including Trailest's

James Gilpin
Jake Cunningham

Chris Swailes
Callum Morris
Michael Duckworth
Cheick Toure * New Signing *
Philip Roe *New Signing *
James Taylor *New Signing *
Jack Dean *New Signing *

Nicky Deverdics
Will Grocott
Stephen Turnbull
Ben Williamson
Robert Dale
James Marwood
Billy Knott * New Signing *
Ryan Fraser * New Signing *
Callum Morris * Trailest *
Luke Cummings *Trailest *

Paul Brayson
Adam Drury * New Signing *
Porya Admadi * New Signing *
John Grant * Trailest *
Tyler Sheppard *Trailest *
Carl Walshe *Trailest *

Cheers Rollsie for the advise.

But back to the Pre-Season.

With Blyth Spartans needing to travel to most of their freindlies, the players are in for a busy month with 2 away games which see's the North East team travel down to South East coast twice!! Here is the results from the games...

Launceston 1-4 Blyth Spartans - Brayson, Grant x2, Roe

West Auckland 0-3 Blyth Spartans - Fraser x2, O.G

St Austell 1-1 Blyth Spartans - Sheppard

Ryton 0-3 Blyth Spartans - O.G, Williamson, Brayson

Slimbridge 1-1 Blyth Spartans - O.G

South Sheilds 0-2 Blyth Spartans - Walshe x2

Dunston 1-5 Blyth Spartans - Dean, Drury x2, Ahmadi, Brayson

Blyth Spartans 3-1 Spartans - Brayson x3

With a fantastic Pre-Season, a speical game was the Dunston tie where Blyth came out 5-1 winners. After activaing my YouTube account, i uploaded Adam Drury's goal to "Test" if it works. Here's the link .. YouTube - Dunston UTS vs Blyth - Drury Goal 26th minute

The Season Beginning will follow on the next update ! :D

---------- Post added at 01:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

My Game has been Murdered !!

Yes, the problem which ALL Football Manager wishes never will occur has 'Occured'. Crash Dumps have spoiled my game and looks like this could be the end!!

If anyone know's a way to dehead this computer demon, i'am all ears !!