MrIceCream

Reaction score
So I've been managing Barcelona for a season now but I don't seem to get the best out of Messi. Anyone?

Play him as a striker in a trequartista role?? never had him on this game never been Barcelona but its how i make Aguero world player of the year and id suggest Messi is a good few levels better than him.

Id suggest simply not overcomplicating it, Play him as a striker make him target man with supply to feet **** you could even make him the playmaker as well if your that determined to have your whole game go through him, give him full creative freedom and the usual obvious player instructions and he should be fine.

I played him as advanced forward attack and he performed like IRL

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Anyone manage to renew his contract? I can't because he is asking for $325000 per week.

So I've been managing Barcelona for a season now but I don't seem to get the best out of Messi. Anyone?
I play him as a deep lying forward in the 1st 1-3 seasons. then as a trequartista when his creativity increases. as you can see, the effects are devastating.

whats the highest number of goals you've managed to get out of 1 player in a season? mine is 65 and from who else?

Well I guess I'm doing it right then, I thought I could score some more :)
View attachment 205912

Btw, 76 goals in one season, by Messi.

Does anyone know how to see the stats from the whole team in one season?

Just set him as a poacher/adv forward and set him as your team's target man wth 'run onto ball' and he will score craploads.
It may sound stupid because you'll not utilise his creativity. But with Xaviesta as your playmaker you can just get Messi to focus on scoring;)

Most i have had is 81, how do i upload screenshots and i can post it

I would play him as an Inside Forward > Attack if on the wing, but as Advanced Forward > Attack if in CF position. But if you want to play him behind the strikers, a Treq. role would be good.

It all depends on your tactics, formation, other players, etc. though - could you give us more details and post a screenshot (press Alt + F9 in FM)?