The Ma' Citi Code (Man City - Cracking the code)

Reaction score
Excuse the title - I was having a laugh about the Da Vinci Code (obviously)

Every now and then, I try to manage Man City and make it work. Try to buy big players and win the league.

I've done it before many times, but never quite managed to find the right mix between new, high quality players and regular, gelled team mates. This time, however, I think I've done it.

As Man City, you can usually afford two megastars by throwing wads of money at them - after them it's down to getting smart buys.

My current team:
GK - Leo Franco (12m, At. Madrid)
SW - Phillipe Mexes (37.5m, Roma - whether or not you can get these megastars is a game of luck, I got Lucio and Aguero one game, then got rejected by both in another)
DC - Richard Dunne
DC - Micah Richards
WB L - Jose Enrique (10m, Newcastle - He is probably the best you can easily get.)
WB R - Jonathan Zebina (30m, Juventus. If you're going to buy alot of new players, then get old, professional players who you an rely on to be solid)
MC - Joao Moutinho
MC - Gelson Fernandez
AM C - Juan Roman Riquelme (14m, Boca - a must for any club, he is just too talented - I also got Matias Fernandez, a mistake, i might have two AM C with Cardozo as a lone striker)
ST - Robinho
ST - Oscar Cardozo (20m, Benfica - the perfect partner for Robinho.)

So far, I've drawn against Man Utd, and won every game since. I'm only halfway through the first season though - I can't wait till they really develop a good understanding.

What buys do you usually make? What has been your most successful attempt?