marius1973

Reaction score
I read Raikan’s «most important stat per position» tread and found it very helpful.

Somehow I feel that this edition of FM pays a lot more emphasize on mental abilities than previous edition. At least I never really looked into it…Now I want to build a winning machine who never give up and fight like rabid beasts every match.

Currently I am learning the game by managing San Marino and have limited resources available and have been playing with the idea of bringing some players with high mental attributes into the team. Most of the players who falls into this category is older players ranging from 33 and up with poor and falling physical abilities.

Obviously concentration is good to minimize the stupid mistakes. So is determination so the players wont give up when going down by one. What are the other important stats for the entire team?

My goal is to make a filter with mental attributes and just remove all the players who don’t fit in and build the team from there. Brick by brick.

I also apologize if this is posted in the wrong forum, or if its already been discussed before. I am kinda new to these forums.

Regards
Marius

Teamwork and work rate would be quite important too mate to ensure your players are coherent and actually want to help each other. Other than that a few influential players wouldn't do any harm. Also, pay attention to their personalities. Negative personalities could obviously have an adverse effect on team morale, and therefore performances.

How bad is negative personalities?

I mean, take Roy Keane as example, he could have fitted into a few of those categories (temperamental, outspoken, confrontational), but still he was a great leader on the pitch. So what is the personalties you dont under any circumstances wont have on a team, and how bad is it with one or two who fits into the "bad personality" category?

They're not the end of the world really, I just try to avoid them. Obviously if you've got someone who is great mentally you might make an exception. They're not that common though so I wouldn't worry too much about it. In my 12th season now and nobody i've tried to sign has had a negative personality. I'm just lucky I guess.

I'd say volatile, temperamental, short-tempered and confrontational are ones to avoid as these all include poor temperament. You don't want your players getting sent off due to frustration at being behind etc.

The others don't really apply as you'll be looking for players with high determination and this will negate most of the other negative personalities.