The Photoshop Help Thread

Max

Reaction score
Hey,

Well I've noticed a recent increase of people asking for help with Photoshop on the thread's such as the Rate my Kit thread etc, so I've decided to make an official thread for it to hopefully stop the spam.

I'm no Photoshop genius myself, but there are plenty of people on the site that are amazing at it at a wide variety of things such as making kits, and creating skins etc. Please bare in mind this is not a thread to ask for kits requests or skins etc, or to post your photoshop creations, this is just a help thread.

So, some helpful things for Photoshop are some websites with textures on, for example http://www.deviantart.com/ has some good textures on it for use in Photoshop, this also holds a tutorial in aswell.

Another helpful site is http://sportgfx.com/ which has sig/avatar/wallpaper tutorials, textures, renders, stocks...anything on it really, so it's a quality website for anyone who is a beginner.

A useful thread with links on it for kit templates etc, is this by Kevy Matts, it has everything you need pretty much and is up to date - Link here

And finally, if you don't have Photoshop but would like to try it, here is a link for a 30 day free trial :)

Any questions on Photoshop on how to create anything, just ask, you should get a reply fairly quickly :)

Last edited:
Good idea Max. Should help a lot of people.

Very good idea Max :D

Maybe there should be a 'Rate My Photoshop Work Thread'

So if people do start to use it, they don't create a new thread showing you one thing.?

Or could post in here

Maybe there should be a 'Rate My Photoshop Work Thread'

So if people do start to use it, they don't create a new thread showing you one thing.?

Or could post in here
I'll get on it now gaffer ;)

hi i been teaching my self how to create my own kit and its going well but how do you increase and decrease a picture size becuase im trying to put a logo in and cant find out how to make it smaller cheers for any help

hi i been teaching my self how to create my own kit and its going well but how do you increase and decrease a picture size becuase im trying to put a logo in and cant find out how to make it smaller cheers for any help

You can use the free transform in the top menu.

cheers mate i finished my kit i just need to put a in the game how can i do that and do you need to attach the team id to it aswell?

Last edited:
my 30 days trial has ran out :( is there any way of getting another 30 days people?

Can someone help me? I am using photoshop to create a leflet. I opened up a new page and then opened up a .jpg image aswell in a new window. I edited the background of the .jpg image and dragged it to my other window open the main one and the image automatically turns tiny and i cant use the transform tool because all the pixels become fuzzy any help? This also happens when i try and drag a sponsor onto a shirt the sponsor becomes tiny

Ok, few months ago I had to reinstall my Windows so I decided to try Windows 7. I installed it and then I installed all my programs and seems to be working everything.
Few days ago, I downloaded few brushes and it appeared a problem. When I select brushes higher than 200 px, it comes like this picture.
335dw0m.png

As you can see the brush is just that "X" letter, even I selected a rounded brush. And it happens the same to all the brushes higher than 200px. I tried to run the PS with compatibility for Windows XP, then to Run as Administrator, but haven't worked.
What to do?
Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:49 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 03:39 PM ----------

Anyone knows?

How do you get it onto the site? I saved my kit, but then when I used it as an attachment it appeared as a link, which I clicked on and downloaded, which is all well and good, but how do I produce an image of the kit before the link?

when making a sig am just instaling photoshop now what size should i make the paper size or screen size

If anyone is looking for CS5, message me and ill link you.

Relatively new to Photoshop, Im better at using one render like one picture i.e. my sig than football ones, struggle to make it all fit in one. Only started football sigs a couple days ago though.