The Professor - An Investment Banker has a shot at Football Management

savan21

Reaction score
Money is alike to blood for a business. Without money, no business can prosper for a long time. The Football world has slowly but steadily turned into a business for most owners and yet they don't possess a single skill regarding running the business of football. It is an intricate skill, requiring a combination of both passion for football and business acumen. Sadly most businessman only possess one of the two skills. The prime example of a businessman in the English Premier League is the much hated Mr Ed Woodward, CEO of Manchester United. Ed is a brilliant businessman but sadly knows nothing about the football and has ruined the reputation of Investment Bankers in the eyes of football fans.

I have been a fan of football since I could watch the television. I grew up in an affluent family in India and moved to Belgium for our family business. I then studied in top business schools and completed my MBA in Finance along with managing my family business. However my true passion always lay with football. It hurt me to see imbeciles manage football clubs and teams whereas I sat in front of a television and all I could so was scream at the television. That was before I decided to plunge myself into the world of football.

I might not have the football pedigree and nor do I have any professional experience but I took the minimum level badges needed to manage a club and I am willing to offer whichever club is ready to listen a combination of skills. My business management skills along with my passion for football. I am the Professor and I am here to shock the world of Football.

The Beginning:

I have begun my Journey in the World of Football armed with A National C License and no experience in the world of Football except watching it and occasionally playing it during my college years. My stats are to be honest horrific and it might take a while for me to find a job but what I want to convince the clubs and their management is that I am a package of Football Management and Financial Management and I will bring both to the table. Hopefully I will find my first job quickly.

Here are my stats at the beginning of the game, I will be looking to improve them. The aim of the save is to progress, both in terms of career, trophies won, clubs revived and enhancing my own reputation. The final aim is to end up at Manchester United and repair the damages that Ed Woodward has caused to the ilk of Investment Bankers.

Savan Shah_ Profile.png

Charting the Journey

I will be updating my Journey on this post.

Club NameYears at the ClubTrophies WonIndividual Honors WonFinancial Status when I JoinedFinancial Status when I Left

Hitting the ground running:

I accept my first job in the world of Football with a country that everyone is looking to avoid right now! China is where I land on my feet as Chinese National First Division Liaoning decide to take the plunge with me.

The club was in the relegation zone when they approached me and are predicted to finish 12th in a League of 16, so not very high aspirations. The club are in precarious position financially with losses mounting despite selling their best players for a combine 5 Million. IT’S THE PERFECT CLUB FOR ME TO START!
Let the Adventure begin!

Club Information

The club will complete 25 years next year and yet it is not in a very good state. The Owner is looking to sell wheras it has done nothing of worthwhile till date.

Liaoning FC_ General.png

Facilities

In a surprising turn of events, the Youth recruitment is very good for this Chinese Side and few players will be given a chance especially as the Senior team has no Strikers at all!

Liaoning FC_ Facilities.png

Finances

The Board made it a point to mention that they need me to resolve the financial situation. All players are transfer listed and players have been complaining to me about the financial situation since day one! Gee...What a start!

Liaoning FC_ Summary.png

Money is alike to blood for a business. Without money, no business can prosper for a long time. The Football world has slowly but steadily turned into a business for most owners and yet they don't possess a single skill regarding running the business of football. It is an intricate skill, requiring a combination of both passion for football and business acumen. Sadly most businessman only possess one of the two skills. The prime example of a businessman in the English Premier League is the much hated Mr Ed Woodward, CEO of Manchester United. Ed is a brilliant businessman but sadly knows nothing about the football and has ruined the reputation of Investment Bankers in the eyes of football fans.

I have been a fan of football since I could watch the television. I grew up in an affluent family in India and moved to Belgium for our family business. I then studied in top business schools and completed my MBA in Finance along with managing my family business. However my true passion always lay with football. It hurt me to see imbeciles manage football clubs and teams whereas I sat in front of a television and all I could so was scream at the television. That was before I decided to plunge myself into the world of football.

I might not have the football pedigree and nor do I have any professional experience but I took the minimum level badges needed to manage a club and I am willing to offer whichever club is ready to listen a combination of skills. My business management skills along with my passion for football. I am the Professor and I am here to shock the world of Football. I can't say that all the fans of the club and its administration immediately agreed with my ideas, but it would be very simple. I remember when I wrote essays about role models https://gradesfixer.com/free-essay-examples/role-models/ I had the idea that everyone should perform their role very professionally so that they have enough authority and colleagues respected. But now, after receiving a master's degree, instead of continuing my studies in graduate school and doing science, I have a chance to make an interesting career and I'm glad about it.

Modern sport has long been a symbiosis of money and business. But the story is incredible! It's like the plot of a movie

Last edited: