Maaaatty

Reaction score
BBC.png

Sven-Goran Eriksson retires

After 36 years in football mangement Ex- England manager Sven-Goran Eriksson has announced his retirement from football with immediate effect, this news has come to a shock to many but no more than Leicester owner Aiywatt Raksriaksorn who only appointed the 63 year-old Swede in October 2010 after ex-chairman Milan Madaric sacked Paulo Sousa.

Aiywatt Raksriaksorn exclusively told BBC Sport that he thanked Sven-Goran Eriksson for his hard work that he put in while at the club and was bitterly disappointed that he couldn't take the team back to where they belong, the premier league, which is the long term plan for the Thai consortium who recently bought the club from Sheffield Wednesday chairman Milan Mandaric.

After the shock news of Eriksson's retirement first team coach Chris Powell and Goalkeeping coach Mike Stowell have taken temporary charge while owner Aiywatt Raksriaksorn and chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn look for a replacement for Sven-Goran Eriksson.

bet365.png

O'Neill favourite for Leicester return

Ex- Leicester and Celtic boss Martin O'Neill has been made favourite in the running for the Leicester job left vacant after Sven-Goran Eriksson retired just hours ago, with odds of 2/1 it looks like O'Neill is a shoe in for a return to Filbert Way. Leicester fans who dubbed Martin O'Neill as the Messiah while in charge at Filbert Street will be delighted by the news that O'Neill may be returning for a second love affair with the club. Former Foxes favourite Emile Heskey is also in the running for the job even though he's currently playing at Aston Villa.

O'Neill 2/1
Heskey 5/1
McCoist 11/2
Curbishley 12/1
Hughton 14/1
Keane 14/1
Grayson 16/1
Lennon 18/1
Powell and Stowell 20/1
Guppy 30/1
Howard 30/1
Lineker 50/1

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 01:12 AM ----------

attachment.php

Lineker Spotted at Walkers Stadium

2 Days after Sven-Goran Eriksson quit football for health reasons Ex-Leicester player and TV pundit Gary Lineker was spotted outside the Walkers Stadium, may reports have said that the Fans Favourite may be appointed within hours after meeting with owner Aiywatt Raksriaksorn and chairman Vichai Raksriaksorn, although Lineker has no past experience of football management it is thought that with contacts in the game that he has it may be the right time to take a step into the wilderness. With his odds slashed from 50/1 to 10/1 in just hours it seems almost certain that Lineker will be returning to the club he made his name.

More to follow.

Last edited:
im following, you maybe shouldnt have put the thing at the bottom "follow O'Neills return to leicester after 11 years away from filber way" because now we know who will be appointed lol :L

BBC.png

O'Neill returns to Leicester

Following 11 years away from Leicester Martin O'Neill returned but to a very different club, Now playing at the Walkers Stadium after playing at Filbert Street during O'Neill's first tenure at the club. As well as Leicester now being owned by a Thai Consortium lead by Vichai Raksriaksorn, owner of King Power Duty Free, and having dropped down to League 1 after 123 years after being formed as Leicester Fosse the club has had some ropey times since O'Neill left to join Celtic but with the new found riches of the club and O'Neill returning it may the turning point in Leicester's recent history.

Many Leicester fans are saying the return of O'Neill may be a second coming, one Foxes fan told BBC Leicester "I can't believe it that Matin O'Neill has returned to Leicester, I for one was gutted when Sven retired but to Have O'Neill back all I have to say is thank you Sven. Hopefully he can work his magic and next season we'll be back in the Premier League, the place where we should be."

O'Neill is expected to hold a press confrence at around 5 O'clock where it is expected he will be officially unveiled as manager for a second spell at the club after leaving Aston Villa earlier in the season after a dispute with Villa owner Randy Lerner.

Love the story so far mate, O'Neill should be a massive hit at Leicester look forward to seeing transfer goings on :D

attachment.php

O'Neill glad to return to first love

New Leicester City boss Martin O'Neill has said that he is glad to return to Leicester, his first love as he called it. O'Neill was appointed only hours ago after former Foxes and England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson retired due to health risks, speaking at the press confrence to unveil O'Neill the new boss said;

"First of all I'm delighted to back in football after such a long time lut of the game but to be returning to my first love after 11 years away it feels so right, I'd like to thank Vichai Raksriaksorn for giving me a chance get back into the game. My first job as Leicester manager will be to evaluate the team that I have at my disposal and use the money that the Owner has very kindly made avaliable to me to get the team back in to the Premier league which is where a club of Leicester's calibre belongs"

After being asked if he could reveal what players he would be signing O'Neill said this to the press;

"I will not be discussing any transfers today, sorry. I have to evaluate every aspect of the club before any comings and goings, that will be all today thank you for your time."

The former Northern Ireland captain may have around 10 million to spend in the transfer after the Thai consortium took over at the Walker Stadium and said that they will get the Foxes back into the Premier League within 2 years but with O'Neill at the helm the owners many now want immediate success.

Nice update mate, nice insight into the option :) I look forward to seeing more updates.

p.s take a nose at my latest update :)

BBC.png

O'Neill takes Aliadiere on trial

Only days after being appointed Leicester boss for the second time Martin O'Neill was quick to give Jeramie Aliadiere on trial to try and bolster his attacking options for the season that comes, it is also rumoured that O'Neill has put bids in for RC Lens Right-Back Serege Aurier, LOSC Lille Left-Back Lucas DIgne and Hull midfielder Tom Cairney who has also been linked to big-spenders Manchester City.

BBC.png

Digne and Smithies sign for Foxes

Martin O'Neill today unveiled is first to signings as Leicester manager after signing one of the hottest prospects in England, Alex Smithies and LOSC Lille Left-Back Lucas Digne for a combined £3.3 million with Digne costing City 2.5 million. Both Smithies and Digne were present to be unveiled by O'Neill ast the Walkers Stadium, O'Neill who wa speaking on behalf of Digne said that;

"Lucas is delighted to be at Leicester City for the forseeable future and Lucas hopes that he and Alex can bring back the glory days to Leicester again, Lucas is thrilled to be at a club with History like Leicester and wants to be part of the History."

O'Neill's reply to being asked what he tought of the transfers was;

"I fully believe that Lucas will be here for years to come after signing him at the tender age of just 16 I hope that experienced players like Bruno Berner can help him sttle into life in England and at the club, Alex has already been tipped as a future England number 1 and wit Ricardo here to help his growth as a player it couldn't get much better from this move. Both of these clubs have cost a fair bit of money but I still have more money and hopefully get some bring players to the club so we can get into the Premier League."

Last edited:
Nice signings mate keep it up I want more :D

p.s check mine out got another post done :D

Really good story mate. Never signed Digne, but have seen on past saves that he gets bought by big clubs. Will be following for sure.

attachment.php

Foxes snap up Hull youngster

tom-cairney-hull-city-2010.jpg

Cairney is Scotland's hottest prospect.

Martin O'Neill once again waved his magic wand beating Manchester City to the signing of Scotland's hottest prospect, Tom Cairney. O'Neill who payed what is to believed a fee of £2.5 million for the youngster has shown his goal at Leicester is to build for the future with the 3 signings that he has bought into the club has shown. O'Neill said this to Sky Sports reporter Bryan Swanson;

"I'm deligted to sign Tom on a 3 year contract which will let us develop him into the best player which he can be, coupled with the youngsters that the squad already has I'd certainly be looking to te future. I still have a few targets I am looking at but if we don't get any more players I would not be disappointed at all. The bussiness we have done so far is fantastic."

It is also looking likely that 'Keeper Conrad Logan and Ex-Derby mildfielder Matt Oakley will be leaving the club as O'Neill looks to reshape the club from top to bottom.

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

BBC.png

Foxes end Pre-season with a win

Leicester City ended there pre-season with a much fancied-win against Histon winning 3-1 with a Hat-trick from £2 miilion pound man Martyn Waghorn who has been playing out wide during the pre-season fixtures. O'Neill will be pleased with the win although the performance may not please him after conceding a goal to Histon after just 2 minutes. After the Foxes conceded the goal they took the initavtive and carved Histon open may time, Wagorn was rightly named Man of the Match after heroics scoring 3.

As well as the win against Histon the team also won friendlies against Hibernian and Kilmarnock, 3-0 and 1-0 respectively. A creditable 0-0 draw against 2010 SPL champions Rangers was undoubtedly Leicester's best result of the pre-season, after there best result came there only loss against Hartlepool where a second string XI lost 3-2 with Jeffery Schlupp and Tom Parkes scoring for the Foxes.

I was actually just reading mate keep it up :) good signings and look forward to seeing the season start :D

attachment.php

Npower Football league ready for kick-off

Npower-Football-League-Logo.jpg

The Npower football League is ready to kick-off after a long awaited return after last season's dramatic season all football fans will be looking forward for the season to start, many eyes will be focused on Filbert Way as Martin O'Neill returns to Leicester after 11 years away. O'Neill leads Championship favourites Leicester City into a game agsinst his old team Norwich City.

Elsewere in the Championship promotion rivals Nottingham Forest face Middlesborough away at Riverside, QPR face Doncaster at Loftus Road. Relegation favourites face Bristol City at Ashton Gate. The first televised game to be shown on BBC is at Oakwell where Micky Adams' Sheffield United take on Mark Robins' Barnsley.

In League One Chris Powell makes his managerial debut at the Galpharm stadium where his Charton team take on Lee Clarks' Huddersfield town team. Nigel Adkins' Southampton team take on relegation candidates Dagenham & Redbridge on the South Coast. Crisis-club Plymouth take on Hartlepool as they look to put there off-field woes behind them.

League Two's biggest game of the day is former giants Bradford City's visit to Northampton Town at sixfields were a crowd of 5,000 is expected to flood in to see the Cobblers first game of the season. Stevenage play there first game in the Football league against Chesterfield at Broadhall Way where the players will be hoping for the fans to give them the edge against the Spirites.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

attachment.php

Sensational Waghorn strike sinks Canaries

Line Ups;

Leicester;
Smithies
Naughton----Vitor----Hobbs---Digne
Abe-------Moreno
Gallagher-------King ©------Waghorn
Yakubu

Norwich;
Ruddy
Martin-----Davies-----Ward----Drury
Crofts
Lansbury-----Smith
Hoolahan
Wiltord---Holt ©

A 9th minute thunderbolt by £2 million pound man Martyn Waghorn gave Leicester City a much deserved win over Norwich City in Martin O‘Neill‘s second coming. Waghorn’s goal was hit from 20 yards out with his right foot after Captain Andy King had gone close on 2 separate occasions for the Foxes. After the goal the goal Leicester’s attacking were coming wave by wave wit Norwich only having a look in from Set-pieces and breaks. Leicester Debutant Alex Smithies mad a smart save from Grant Holt after 20 minutes saving down low to his right after John Ruddy saved from Yakubu just seconds later. An exciting forst half ended in controversy as Yakubu had a debut goal harshly ruled out for a push on Norwich Keeper John Ruddy.

The 2nd half was much more drab than the first with a lot of midfield play, Norwich were however very lucky to end the game with 10 men left on the pitch after Andrew Crofts cynically took down Andy King while he was clean through on goal however it had no effect on the Full-Time result which was almost made to look even better by Darius Vassell. After fantastic play by Paul Gallagher down the right Vassell was inches away from getting a debut goal but just didn’t connect with Gallagher’s teasing ball.

Good result mate, Andy King is a fabulous player :) Make sure you hold on to him.

BBC.png

O’Neill makes in 2 in 2

Line Ups;

Lincoln City;
Anyon
Hughton---Hoyte---Kanyuka---Anderson
Fuseini---Howell © ---O’Keefe----Carayol
Grimes----Broughton

Leicester
Ricardo
Lamey----Vitor---Mee----Van Annholt
Cairney---Wellens ©
Gallagher----Moussa----Schlupp
Vassell

Leicester City scored a comfortable victory over Lincoln City winning 3-0 to give Martin O’Neill his second win out of 2. Goals coming from Darius Vassell, Miguel Vitor and Paul Gallagher. Vassell and Vitor grabbing their first goals for the foxes. Great play by Jeffery Schlupp on his professional debut set up Darius Vassell who dummied neatly to leave a one-on-one which he smashed into the roof of the net to put O’Neill’s men 1-0 up after 33 minutes. Chances came and went for Leicester in the first half but they couldn’t capitalise leaving the score at 1-0.

Things improved for Leicester in the 2nd half just 5 minutes into the 2nd half when Miguel Vitor got his head to an inviting cross from debutant Tom Cairney after rising above Arsenal loanee Gavin Hoyte. It looked like luck was with Lincoln as Leicester first hit the post from Schlupp after his 30 yard **** just didn’t curve enough and then they were lucky to escape as it looked like Franck Moussa was bought down in the box by Jamie Clapham but Andre Marriner gave nothing. However in the 88th minute Tom Cairney delivered a second inviting ball from almost the same position as the first but this time Scot Paul Gallagher scored a volley from 6 yards out to wrap up a convincing win for the Foxes. Man of the Match Tom Cairney spoke to BBC Radio Leicester after game, he told Ian Stringer;

“I’m so pleased with my debut and hopefully I can continue with my performances over the coming years as a Leicester player, to play for a team with such a history is fantastic. It’s like a dream come true.”

maybe a bit more pictures, yano maybe of the man of the match or goalscorer? makes it alot easier on the eye, anyway, lovely wee story

maybe a bit more pictures, yano maybe of the man of the match or goalscorer? makes it alot easier on the eye, anyway, lovely wee story

Cheers for that will take it on board and hopefully imrove, next update will be soon hopefully

Nice update mate, I think you should put a big scoreline somewhere :) other than that great keep it up!