The Revolving Door Challenge

W4NKER

Reaction score
Many clubs have a reputation as a 'selling club' who constantly nurture young talent through their ranks then sell them on for a hefty profit, replacing them with another set of youngsters (eg Porto, Benfica, Ajax, West Ham - and practically every South American club). Can this be done in FM2012?

The Challenge:

- You can manage any club, anywhere.
- Set yourself an age limit - say, 26
- Once a player reaches this age you must sell him for as much as possible.
- You can sign players but remember they must be sold when they reach the set age.

Sub-challenge:

- By selling players, become the richest club on the planet
- Fund a new stadium through player sales.
- Eventually have a squad of nothing but players who have come through your youth ranks.

Good Luck.

Ok I'm gonna start on my current Man United side. I'm in 2022 and have won 11 straight Premier Leagues as well as 8 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and 4 Champions Leagues so I'm looking for something to spice it up.

As you could guess I have a very good squad so I've set my age limit as 27. Once a player reaches this age he will be sold in the next transfer window and replaced with a younger player, hopefully from out own youth team.

My ultimate aim is to have a new stadium built after me (which I achieved in FM10). Selling players and reducing the wage bill will help me achieve this.
Some Screens....

2021/22 Prem

View attachment 233540

History

View attachment 233541

Finances

View attachment 233542

Players to be Sold

View attachment 233543

Wage Budget as of 2022 - £2.05m p/w

Last edited:
Just started with Chelsea as well, a day into the job, I feel like I've lost the dressing room, by asking the likes of Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cech etc. to leave. I set my limit at 28, as I feel this is when most players hit their peak anyway

Im gonna start this with Ajax when i get back from my holiday...My age limit is 28

Is it fine to still have over 28 players but not play them because nobody's interested in Squillaci and Andre Santos.

Had to sell these guys...

View attachment 236773View attachment 236774View attachment 236775View attachment 236776

Brought in £155m (net £119m)

Bank balance has rose from £169m to £354m in just over a year.

Wages have been reduced from £2.05m p/w in 2022 to £1.2m p/w in 2023.

Our 100,000 capacity Old Trafford is selling out every week. If I keep increasing the bank balance a new stadium is certainly possible
ouch! that must hurt those guys are world class...

Is it fine to still have over 28 players but not play them because nobody's interested in Squillaci and Andre Santos.

Only if you cant sell them, but dont play them.

ouch! that must hurt those guys are world class...

It does but its fun to find replacements.

Perninha was my highest signing at £31m. I got 4.5 years out of him and won everything in sight then sold him for £31.5m. And his replacement is this kid who only cost £6.25m!

View attachment 236780