The Rich Villains - FM13 Aston Villa story

Pedder

Reaction score
This is a story/challenge kind of thing...
The challenge is that I can only sign 3 players per transfer window that will be able to help me throughout the season. I have unlimited money to get these 3 players and then depending where I come in the season it will vary how many players I can sign in the windows next season..
Enjoy.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Rich Villains

BREAKING NEWS!
Aston Villa bought out by Anzhi owner Suleyman Kerimov

The rich football tycoon said to Russian Press today "I am delighted to finally own a football club in the notorious English Barclays Premier League. And I will do my utmost best to make this club the best in the world. But their does come some clauses when I own 2 big football clubs. Aston Villa can only sign 3 players every transfer window so I do not lost to much of my money. Depending on how they perform over the next season, I may lift the clause."

My budget for this Transfer window:
View attachment 371055

I will be signing a strong and pacey Defender, A good midfielder who can pass and works well off the ball and A pacey and prolific goal scoring Striker.

Updates soon!

Last edited:
You have overspent there a bit, for only signing 3 players a season im not sure on your choices, interesting concept, KIU

You have overspent there a bit, for only signing 3 players a season im not sure on your choices, interesting concept, KIU

Yeah I think I did to, but I did not want to get the worlds best players like messi and ronaldo because it would just make the story not fun to do, I want to keep it still a bit of challenge

You paid 23 million for Younes Kaballbags and most importantly from SCUM HOTSPUR. But I wish you the best of luck, you haven't assessed the goalkeeping situation. Guzan is ok but not brilliant/

Yeah I think I did to, but I did not want to get the worlds best players like messi and ronaldo because it would just make the story not fun to do, I want to keep it still a bit of challenge
You wouldnt have got them as Villa anyway unless you changed your reputation but i imagine you could have got someone else instead of Tarrabt maybe Mkhitaryan or Nem? I was only voicing my opininon the main point of a forum :p

Im in november so I will be updating at the end of January :) Also I will have 3 more new players! (at the top it says I can sign 3 players per window)

I know it's your game but I would maybe restrict it to 1 player under 23, 1 between 23-29 and 1 over 29.Otherwise you will just buy the 3 most expensive youngish beasts you can get each window and romp it.

I know it's your game but I would maybe restrict it to 1 player under 23, 1 between 23-29 and 1 over 29.Otherwise you will just buy the 3 most expensive youngish beasts you can get each window and romp it.

That sounds good but if you saw I do not want to sign the worlds best or worlds best to be because it ruins the fun a bit still. So I will use your way because it seems alright.

Half-Season Review!

League Table
View attachment 371239

Being in the top 10 is alright I guess. Plus my season objective set by the board is to finish in the top-half but I am looking to exceed that by qualifying for the Europa League.

Results

View attachment 371241
View attachment 371242

The start of the season was a bit of a slump featuring many draws and losses but in the recent matches my team have been regaining form and winning, maybe not by the biggest results but points are points I guess.

Transfers update coming soon!​

That sounds good but if you saw I do not want to sign the worlds best or worlds best to be because it ruins the fun a bit still. So I will use your way because it seems alright.

I know you didn't but if you are successful Villa's rep will increase and then you will be able to buy anyone you want as money will be of no object. By restricting the age ranges it means you always need to keep one eye on the future as you are going to have at least a few players hitting 30+. I'll be following either way as it seems like a good project.

PS I had Kaboul in a Spurs save and he was an absolute ROCK. Also got over 10 goals a season from headers. Very good signing

Anyway good luck

I know you didn't but if you are successful Villa's rep will increase and then you will be able to buy anyone you want as money will be of no object. By restricting the age ranges it means you always need to keep one eye on the future as you are going to have at least a few players hitting 30+. I'll be following either way as it seems like a good project.

PS I had Kaboul in a Spurs save and he was an absolute ROCK. Also got over 10 goals a season from headers. Very good signing

Anyway good luck

Haha thanks :D and yeah Kaboul has been insane for me

BREAKING NEWS!

Aston Villa's Russian owner SULEYMAN KERIMOV makes UNEXPECTED kit change!

Kerimov said to Sky Sports.
"Aston Villa's kit was unappealing to me and needed a bit of 'Russia' in it. I believe this new kit may improve the form even more at the club"

Aston Villa New Home and Away Kits!

View attachment 371262View attachment 371263

Also a new kit manufacturer deal was signed personally by Kerimov with UMBRO!

END of SEASON REVIEW!

Final League Position: 8th

View attachment 371332

I believe 8th is a reasonably good position. But my personal objective was to make the Europa League and the team slumped a bit in the last 5 games which got me very frustrated :l.

TEAM STATISTICS

View attachment 371333

The team overall done very well but in some games they did not perform to the standard they are supposed. Also with the team I could not get a good run of form going as I would win 2 games in a row then draw 2 then lose 2 :/ but never the less a good overall performance from the team all season round.

The Transfers IN!

View attachment 371335

Some decent signings were made in my opinion. Adel Taarabt, Alvarez and Eduardo disappointed me quite a bit. Taarabt was not attending training sessions frequently then got annoyed when I issued warnings and fined him his wages. Alvarez was not performing well overall as a goalkeeper. Eduardo was very injury prone making him not able to be played so I could not see him in good form. Kaboul, Wanyama and Clasie were amazing players! Kaboul was the heart of the defense, he never made a mistake and was scoring goals. Wanyama was a machine in the midfield always making good runs but tracking back and defending well at the same time. And finally Jordy Clasie. This guy was amazing in the midfield. He could play left, right and center. Unbelievable skill on the ball and off the ball, always making good runs and playing very good balls.

Updates will come at Pre-Season :) End of Season 1

That's quite a bit of money you've given yourself there, however you fell for temptation. Overspent a little, but not too over the top. Good luck in this. What are the contracts of all those players by the way? Not attempting to humiliate just curious.

That's quite a bit of money you've given yourself there, however you fell for temptation. Overspent a little, but not too over the top. Good luck in this. What are the contracts of all those players by the way? Not attempting to humiliate just curious.

Kaboul 115k per week
Taarabt 115k per week (Disappointment)
Wanyama 115k per week
Alvarez 87k per week (Disappointment)
Eduardo 115k per week (Disappointment)
Jordy Clasie 125k per week

I do believe I over spent on some of these players but I was only able to acquire them at those fixed wages :/

BREAKING NEWS!

Aston Villa owner Suleyman Kerimov gifts Pedder with 4 year contract!

View attachment 371360

Yes! Hopefully in these next 4 years I can make the champions league or even win the Premier League! The game is on...