Ncfc4lyf1

Reaction score
Details:
11.3 patch with LFC Marshall's 26/3/2011 update.

The Beginning
I was in my office, waiting for a job, nervously. And then it came, the Leicester manager Sven Goran Eriksson had had a bust up with several of the players over the new loan signings. I applied, and waited, could I finally get a job?

Odds from BBC Sport:
Sam Allardyce - 4/1
Martin O'Neill - 6/1
Gus Poyet 8/1
Paul Lambert 9/1
James Lera 25/1

Pre-Season
The Appointment
The bookies were not spot on with their prediction, but the man chosen was on the shortlist, Mr James Lera, enter the Walkers Stadium.
BBC Sport, Talksport and Sky are here to interview the new man.
BBC: So James, when this job first came available, why did you put your name down?
James: Well it’s simple really, I love football, no matter what the job is to do with football, I will take it, and Leicester was the perfect job for me.
Talksport: Who are you looking to sign?
James: At the moment the squad is great, but we have quite a few loans. If I do sign anyone they will be future transfers.
Sky: Are you looking to bring any staff in?
James: Only a couple of scouts and physio’s, apart from that I think we’re fine.
BBC: And finally, you are predicted to finish 1st this season, do you think you can go up?
James: Before we start talking about promotion chances, let’s play at least 30 games before we do!

Transfers: Coaches and players
James said that his squad did not need strengthening, but he might need some new staff. More on the staff later. Lera decided he had 3 unwanted players in his reserves, Franck Moussa, Jeffrey Schlupp and Luke O’Neill. The only player clubs wanted to buy was the latter, and a day later he agreed his move to Oxford. James also turned down an enquiry for Richie Wellens from Sheffield United. Apart from the 10 players out on loan, the unwanted players are: Milnes, Hicks, John, Moussa, Schlupp, Uchechi, King and Chamberlain. The other player out on loan was the under 18 Cian Bolger. Now on to staff, youth coaches Jon Rudkin and Steve Beaglehole helped the club out by changing jobs from youth coaches to fill in the missing coach vacancies. The other staff to come in were physio Joaquin Acedo and scouts Jason Cann, Laurent D’Jaffo, Colin Suggett and finally Roger Boli. Leicester have also rejected the enquiry from Blackpool for Chris Weale. Later that day Chris Weale signed a new contract until 2014. Youth player Alie Sesay also signed a new contract until 2013. The next day, Southend loaned Elliott Chamberlain and Bradford loaned Jorrin John. Young striker Jeffrey Schlupp also signed a new contract. The final loanee out was Craig King who signed for Bury. Lera has also said Fulham cannot make a bid for Andy King. Leicester have become sick and tired of teams enquiring for players, the latest is Norwich making one for Oakley.

Pre-season matches
Leicester 3-0 Leicester Reserves (Yakubu, Gallagher, King) Bruma sent off
Rushden 0-2 Leicester (Lamey, Yussuf)
Southampton 2-6 Leicester (Barnard, N’Guessan) (Gallagher, Howard, Waghorn (2), King Vassell)
Glentoran 1-5 Leicester (Curran) (Waghorn, Gallagher (2), McArdle (2))
Leicester 1-0 Blackpool (Yakubu)

Other news
The club were drawn away to Crewe Alexandra in the first round of the League Cup. James Lera has also confirmed he will not be selling any players as he is focusing on next season when he will be without the players who are currently on loan at the club. The only getting rid of players he will doing will be loaning them out. The injury Lloyd Dyer picked up is not serious and will be out for around 2 weeks. The Covetnry Vs Leicester match on Saturday 16th October has been pushed back to 17:30 to be shown on TV!

James Lera On Pre-Season
“What a great pre-season that was 5 wins out of 5, now hopefully we can carry this form into the Championship. I can also confirm that Gallagher will be playing as the attacking left winger in the 4-4-2 formation I will be playing”.

BREAKING NEWS:
LEICESTER HAVE REJECTED BIDS FOR 3 PLAYERS. THEY HAVE REJECTED LOAN OFFERS FOR HOWARD AND DYER. AND REJECTED A 7 FIGURE BID FOR RICHIE WELLENS FROM A PREMIERSHIP SIDE. THEY RESPOND TO THIS BY NAMING ANDY KING AS CAPTAIN AND RICHIE WELLENS AS VICE CAPTAIN. WELLENS HAS ALSO SIGNED A NEW DEAL UNTIL 2013.

AUGUST

Leicester vs Cardiff
James Lera’s speech
“I will play an attacking 4-4-2 with 5 loan players in the squad. I have had to leave out Vitor and Bruma which is a shame as they are classy defenders.”

87178_Leicester_City.jpg

Subs: Weale, Lamey, Berner, Abe, Oakley, Dyer Waghorn.
Leicester 3-3 Cardiff
Mee 15, Gallagher 58, Vassell 89
Bellamy 30, 53, Emmanuel-Thomas 90+1
What a game, I thought we won it when Dyer played an excellent ball to Vassell, but straight from kick off they grab an underserved equaliser. Gallagher was our man of the match, producing some great crosses and a good goal too. Dyer who came on at half time changed the game.

Crewe Vs Leicester – League Cup 1st Round
“I don’t care what the result is here. In all honesty I couldn’t be bothered if we were hammered, hence the team I put out.”
Crewe 2-0 Leicester
Donaldson (pen) 34, Murphy 49
Our weak team couldn’t finish today, but as I said, this is just a distraction to teams with greater aims.

Norwich Vs Leicester
“This is my favourite club, but they won’t be today, I’m focusing on us beating them, and will put out our best available team.”
Norwich 1-2 Leicester
Smith 2
Yakubu 23, King 36
Terrific performance, we were defending dreadfully at the start, but settled, and King’s goal was out of this world!

1776911-vlarge.jpg

King celebrates his fantastic goal.

Leicester Vs Crystal Palace
“I came into this match feeling down, I have had a terrible illness and will be needing some help from the coaches, hopefully we will still perform well though.”
Leicester 3-1 Crystal Palace
Kamara 8, Yakubu (pen) 11, King 26
Easter 86
That was a slaughtering, we outplayed them in the first half but took our foot off the gas in the second. Still deserved this win. It makes me feel much better now. Once again I was really please with Paul Gallagher! What a player.

It was also good news for youngster Matt Robinson who signed a professional contract with the Foxes.

In other transfer news, Danny Uchechi has returned to FCV Dender after failing to impress James Lera. Lera says he could be making some of his loan player permanent.

QPR Vs Leicester

"I'm confident we can continue our run here, we seem to perform well against the bigger teams. I'm also feeling a lot better, I think the main problem was all this managing, it's tough."
QPR 2-1 Leicester
Smith 13, Routledge 68
Kamara 87
How close were we to getting a point? Vassell had a glorious chance in added time and hit it straight at Kenny!

Leicester Vs Middlesbrough
"We need to win this to stay in the promotion race, the last match of the month. No excuses."
Leicester 1-1 Middlesbrough
Kamara 5
Robson 49
Great performance, but Jason Steele was outstanding for them. Unlucky!

Player of the month:
Paul Gallagher: He's been consistently good on the wing, scoring and getting assists, Kamara just misses out.
Young player of the month:
Andy King: He's the reason we're getting these results, he's always running, playing excellent passes and scoring some decent goals too!

League table:
View attachment 151728

Please note: I will not tell line up for each match. I will just normally post result and quick report, with league table at end of month

Last edited:
Nice start mate.. will follow. :)

Just a tip though; it is a bit hard to read it when it's all in red, maybe try changing fonts and colours? :)

I'm sure this will be an exciting story, good luck with it mate.

Have a look at mine when u can please.

Thanks

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I've seen yours, you've done well getting them into League 1!

Thanks

---------- Post added at 01:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 AM ----------

I've seen yours, you've done well getting them into League 1!

Cheers mate, post a comment next time dude.

Thanks

SEPTEMBER
Hopefully September would be a good month for us. I am looking for at least 7 points from our 5 matches.
SWANSEA - A
READING - A
PRESTON - H
PORTSMOUTH - H
BURNLEY - A

In other news youngster Lorenzo Fiore signed a professional contract!

Swansea Vs Leicester
After the international break we finally reached the Swansea match. And this was our line-up:
87178_Leicester_City.jpg

Subs: Weale, Lamey, Berner, Abe, Oakley, Dyer, Waghorn.

So yet again an unchanged squad!

"We really do need to win this after failing to win for a while. All we need is our top player to perform like they did against Palace!"
Swansea 2-3 Leicester
Moore 8, Orlandi 90
Yakubu 34, Vassell 37, Wellens 90+2
That was a great win and a great match, we never gave up, and it could have even been 3-3 but McGugan headed over deep into added time!
1895136-vlarge.jpg

Richie Wellens goes wild after he scores the winner!

Reading Vs Leicester
Lets do what we did against Swansea and show them who is boss. I will name the same 18 man squad as we have been very lucky that no one has been injured yet!

attachment.php

Rampant Leicester Demolish Reading
(Reading 0-4 Leicester)
Leicester City demolished Reading at the Madejski Stadium in today's game, they dominated from start to finish. In the first half loanee Diomansy Kamara scored 2 well struck goals to put them in control. In the second half, Yakubu made sure they won it, and Bamba scored a good header which was his first goal for the club. James Lera said after the match that "his team do not rely on loan players, but they are still excellent players to have at the club." There was a sour note though, Leicester winger Paul Gallagher came off with a twisted ankle and will be out for 4 weeks.

Leicester Vs Preston
We aren't a one man team, we can cope without Gallagher, Dyer will come in for him and Steve Howard will be promoted to the bench.

attachment.php

Leicester strong but matched by Preston
Leicester 2-2 Preston
Despite a man of the match performance from Lloyd Dyer his side couldn't win today. Bamba put the home side ahead on 2 minutes before Eddie Johnson made it 1-1 just 3 minutes later. 15 minutes after the restart Johnson scored one again as Preston took a shock lead, but 2 minutes later Waghorn scored in a goal mouth scramble, Lera had this to say. "Dyer was fantastic today, his performance was faultless, the only downside was the fact that Preston matched our performance too, luckily we're still in the play-offs.

attachment.php

Leicester to sign Diego Renan
Today Leicester City have confirmed that when the transfer window re opens on the 1st of January, Diego Renan, a Cruzeiro right back, will join the club. James Lera spent £13 million on the young full-back and is very pleased that he accepted terms. Lera also said "Diego is a great young prospect and is what we need, hopefully this will give us the chance to either end Naughton's loan, or sell/loan Lamey. I am not going to buy anyone else as I have no funds remaining." The fans reacted to this in various ways:
"What a signing, he's a mastermind Lera is" - 25 year old Leicester fan
"Who? Well hopefully he'll be good whoever this lad is" - 37 year old life long Fox
"To be honest this manager doesn't know what he's doing, what's Mee doing in the team for starters?" - 50 year old Leicester fan

DIEGO+renan.gif

Will this man help James Lera prove critics wrong?

Leicester take on Portsmouth
"I really hope we can start being more consistent and win this game! If we do it makes our promotion chances a lot better. Also a message to critics: Take a look at this months results will you?"

attachment.php

Leicester once again put on a show
(Leicester 4-1 Portsmouth)
Leicester had the chance to take the lead in this one on 38 minutes when Aaron Mokoena committed a foul inside the box, Yakubu took the penalty, but Ashdown saved. It was 0-0 at half time. A goal from Diomansy Kamara on 48 minutes made it 1-0 to the Foxes before Mokeona once again committed a foul in the box, this time Yakubu scored. Halford got one back with 17 minutes to go, but 5 minutes later Mee proved his critics wrong with a goal from a corner. Kamara scored again 6 minutes from time to seal and emphatic win.

Sky Sports: So James, are you please with that performance?
James: Yes I am, we played well from start to finish and we fully deserved it.
Sky Sports: How well do you rate Ben Mee?
James: He's a great young starlet to have in my team, he's always there when you need him!
Sky Sports: And finally, going into the final match in September, you lay 6th, 2 points off top spot, can you go into October on top of the pile?
James: That'd be very hard as we will need to better the results of 5 teams, but we are playing top side Burnley, which will help.
Sky Sports: Thank you for your time

Burnley Vs Leicester
"Another hard match, but like many of them I am hoping to pull off a victory and end the month in style. It will be hard to do so, but I am confident!"

attachment.php

Burnley beaten by Leicester in 6 goal thriller
(Burnley 2-4 Leicester)
In a game that was described by James Lera as "nail-biting", Leicester came out on top, funnily enough, no goals were in the first half, but there was a red card just before the break for Chris Eagles after a two footed lunge on Ben Mee. After the break, Andy King put the visitors 1-0 up on 47 minutes with a stunner, but 9 minutes later Delfouneso equalised. 8 minutes from time Bruno Berner scored a stunner and 2 minutes later Lloyd Dyer put the game beyond doubt. But with 3 minutes of normal time to go Delfouneso got his 2nd and it was tense times for Leicester fans, until Vassell scored a header on 89 minutes. What a great way to end the month.

League Table:
View attachment 151929

Player of the month:
In my opinion it is Diomansy Kamara. This month he has been a different player scoring a lot of goals, well done to him!
Diomansy-Kamara-Fulham-Squad-2008_1538891.jpg

Young player of the month:
This has to be Ben Mee, he always gets forward and has scored a goal this month. He's a good defensive rock to have at the back!
0,,10274~9330460,00.jpg

Manager of the month:
A high note for me now, I have been voted the NPOWER Championship manager of the month

Last edited:
Rest of September coming up!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 PM ----------

Does anyone prefer a particular layout?

£13 million on one player for a Championship club? Crikey.

Nah, this is a good layout.

I shall keep the same layout for October

---------- Post added at 10:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

OCTOBER

Fixtures
The fixtures this month seem a lot nicer. We play Bristol City, Ipswich and Barnsley at home, with away games in between against Coventry and Millwall. I am aiming to be in the top 2 by the end of the month with 10 more points!

Matchday 11 - Leicester Vs Bristol City
"I feel we can take all 3 points from this match, hopefully our strikeforce will be too strong for their back line"

Matchday Player Focus: Richie Wellens
Richie's has had a good start to the season so far, scoring 1 and getting 1 assist in 10 matches, here's a word from the beast.
"I love playing under Lera, he's a funny guy, knows the tactics, and always picks and attacking minded team. It's great to be playing alongside some great Premiership players like Yakubu and Kamara, and hopefully we can go all the way and win the league this season"

Richie-Wellens_2364873.jpg

bbcwc.png

Matchday Coverage

0 minutes - We're underway here at the Walkers
27 minutes - And Ben Mee will have to go off due to an injury, Bruno Berner comes on
45+1 - Andy Keogh collects Adomah's cross, and fires it home! 1-0 to Bristol City, a shock lead!
51 - Liam Fontaine is injured now and replaced by Louis Carey!
67 - Another injury! Michael Lamey is forced to replace the hobbling Kyle Naughton!
90+4 - Kamara with the header! Just wide. And there goes the full time whistle, boos around the stadium.

Bristol-City-fans-celebra-007.jpg

Bristol City fans go crazy when their team find the net!

The Manager's View
We were simply awful out there today, if we want to get promoted we need to play MUCH better than that!

In other news Ben Mee has been ruled out for 6 days, Kyle Naughton on the other hand is fine, we now enter the international break!

Training Ground Bustup
Martyn Waghorn and James Lera have had a bust up at the training ground after Martyn is failing to be picked regularly enough for his liking. James Lera commented saying "How pathetic, Diomansy and Yakubu are good Premiership standard players, why would I pick Waghorn instead of him? Martyn has agreed he was wrong to argue and will remain on the bench.

Matchday 12 - Coventry Vs Leicester (M69 Derby)
"I feel this Derby will be tough but winnable, I am looking for at least a draw."

Matchday Player Focus: Ricardo
Ricardo's had a solid start to life at Leicester despite only keeping 1 clean sheet, in the process he has an average rating of 6.94. Here's what he has to say "I like the Leicester team and boss, the solidity of the back line is good enough to win promotion and our attack is very experienced."

200px-Ricardo_Betis.JPG

bbcwc.png

Matchday Coverage

Firstly on this big matchday, lets give you the 2 line ups with subs:

87629_Coventry_City.jpg

Subs: Ireland, McIndoe, McSheffrey, Eastwood, McPake, Assou-Ekotto, Gunnarsson

87178_Leicester_City.jpg

Subs: Weale, Lamey, Berner, Abe, Oakley, Dyer, Waghorn.

0 minutes - We kick off in this big derby!
5 minutes - Corner from Gallagher, and Bamba with the header! 1-0 Leicester.
10 minutes - Free kick Coventry, floated in, and WOOD! GOAL. 1-1
20 minutes - Kamara's onside, beats the keeper and it rolls in. Leicester back in front.
41 minutes - Yet again Kamara is through, but he fires it wide!
44 minutes - And again, but this time it hits the side netting
45 minutes - Here he is again! And it's just wide.
45+1 minutes - Half time.
66 minutes - And Marlon King is through, and he equalises.
71 minutes - Kamara has a shot cleared off the line!
90+4 minutes - Naughton has pulled up injured and is replaced by Lamey
90+5 minutes - Full time.

The Manager's View
Again we weren't good enough, Kamara somehow only scored 1 and Ricardo didn't have the best of games. Gallagher's return was excellent though. We need some good results!

Kyle Naughton will not be ruled out at all as he is fine.

Matchday 13 - Leicester 1-3 Ipswich

Result - Leicester - Ipswich
Leicester goalscorers: Mee [6]
Ipswich goalscorers: Leadbitter (2), Hines (22), Hines (57)

MOTM: Paul Gallagher, for his good crosses and dangerous free-kicks.

"We were awful once again out there today, we seriously need to pick up some points this month, 1 isn't enough."

_50704849_cpfc_leadbitter_210810.jpg

Leadbitter celebrates the opener

Matchday 14 - Millwall Vs Leicester

Before the match Martyn Waghorn was rule out for 10-12 days

Result - Millwall 3-1 Leicester
Millwall goalscorers: Rowlands (11), McQouid (30), Morison (75)
Leicester goalscorers: Abe (58)

MOTM: Paull Gallagher, good wing play again.

"Once again this month, we were below standards, that performance was not acceptable and with 1 game left this month we are 4 points off the play offs. Not what I expected."

Matchday 15 - Leicester Vs Barnsley

Before the match 4 players were dropped to the reserve squad, these were: Ambrusics, Moreno, Moore and Crnic. These players have only played once this season, in the first round of the League Cup.

BREAKING NEWS
Leicester have been rumoured to have made 6 figure bids for 2 players. One player is reported to be in the Championship, the other in League Two. James Lera commented on this by saying "we are always looking to strengthen our squad, no doubt, but nothing is guaranteed." Another clue is that if they do come, he has said that Howard and Dyer will drop into the reserves.

Result - Leicester 1-0 Barnsley
Leicester goalscorers: Gallagher (pen) (41)
Barnsley goalscorers: None

MOTM: Paul Gallagher, yet again, great win play!

"A much improved performance, we deserved the win and could and should have got more. No worries though as we finally win!"

Player of the month: Paul Gallagher, simply for his consistent performances

Paul-Gallagher-Leicester_2366842.jpg

Young player of the month: And King, good solid performances.

AndyKing_1090454.jpg

League table:

View attachment 152420

"I'm happy with where we are in the league, although our results have been poor, we are still only 5 points off top spot"

In some sad news, Yakubu has been ruled out for 4-5 weeks.

Last edited:
Better layout this time :D

Unlucky against Ipswich mate.

Unlucky, hopefully things will get better for you. ;)

DECEMBER

At the end of November we were drawn at home to Burnley in the FA Cup for January the 8th, but the matches to take place the month before are as follows:

Sheffield United - H
Nottingham Forest - A
Watford - H
Cardiff - A
Norwich - H

From these games I am hoping to take 7 points and be closer to the play offs than we are now.

Lloyd Dyer has also been ruled out for 4 weeks.

attachment.php

Matchday 21 - Leicester Vs Sheffield United

Match result - Leicester 3-1 Sheffield United
Leicester goalscorers: Kamara (51), Kamara (80), Kamara (90+2)
Sheffield United goalscorers: Evans (73)

MOTM: Diomansy Kamara, for his excellent hat trick

"What an improvement, Kamara is an absolute legend, I was considering a formation but I am not so sure now!"

Wellens has collected 5 yellow cards and will miss the vital Nottingham Forest game.

Youngster Connor Brennan has signed a new contract

Matchday 22 - Nottingham Forest Vs Leicester

Match result - Nottingham Forest 0-2 Leicester
Nottingham Forest goalscorers: None
Leicester goalscorers: Gallagher (10), Bamba (16)

MOTM: Paul Gallagher, for excellent movement down the right and a great goal!

"Great performance, I tried a new formation, a 4-2-3-1 with wingers and we were really good!"

Matchday 23 - Leicester Vs Watford

Match result - Leicester 1-0 Watford
Leicester goalscorers: Yakubu (54)
Watford goalscorers: None

MOTM: Ben Mee, for some great clearances at the back!

"Good smash and grab, Watford were probably the better team to be fair, but our 3rd successive win moves us closer to the top 6!"

Bamba will miss the next match as he has reached 5 yellow cards.

Matchday 24 - Cardiff Vs Leicester

Although Dyer will be available again, Andy King has been ruled out for 3 weeks.

Match result - Cardiff 2-2 Leicester
Cardiff goalscorers: Ramsey (7), Ramsey (90+2)
Leicester goalscorers: Yakubu (47), Waghorn (70)

MOTM: Martyn Waghorn, scoring and getting an assist

"Great game, we could have won it but Kamara's finishing was poor. Unlucky though."

Another injury as Gallagher is ruled out for 4 weeks.

Matchday 25 - Leicester Vs Norwich

Match result - Leicester 3-4 Norwich
Leicester goalscorers: Bamba [6], Lansbury OG (21), Yakubu (29)
Norwich: Jackson (14), Pacheco (62), Jackson (84), Chambers (90+4)

MOTM: Sol Bamba for scoring

"Great game, we should have won it but Norwich hit us on the counter attack."

Player of the month: Diomansy Kamara, for his brilliant consistent performances.
Young player of the month: Ben Mee, solid performances yet again at the back!

League table:

imageupload.php

"I am happy that we got 10 points this month, but we must start getting home wins more often!"

Last edited:
great start mate i'm also just starting a story its gunna be a challenge but i'm taking yeovil to the prem and playing barca possession footy should be fun give it a look

Will do mate!

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 AM ----------

January

At the start of the month 4 players came in, Renan, Van der Gun, Le Fondre, and Enza Yamissi. As a result 4 were dropped to the reserves: Lamey, Berner, Tunchev and Dyer. Ambrusics also returned to the first team!

This is their January fixture list:
Crystal Palace - A
QPR - H
Burnley - H (FA CUP)
Middlesbrough - A
Swansea - H

From these matches I hope to pick up 7 points as I feel these are winnable games.

Matchday 26 - Crystal Palace Vs Leicester

Against Crystal Palace, Renan started at left back and Cedric van der Gun started in CAM. Le Fondre and Enza Yamissi were on the bench.

I'm gonna stop this, sorry guys

---------- Post added at 01:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Might start it again some time

hey great few posts there. how do you do that line up thing with the names and tactics? looks soo sweet