MANUMAD

Reaction score
I must admit I am quite shocked that there is no thread on River Plate.

So I thought to start one to generate some interest in them and maybe get a few people to play with them.

The first advantage as far as Im concerned is that they play in the Argentinian leagues which are among the most wonderful in the game.

They start the game in the second division and so represent a reasonable challenge (add to that the fact that they have very little money) but with careful planning and by correctly utilising the great array of young four star potential ability players (such as the brilliant L. Ocampos on the wing) together with some very good older (but not old) players such as the goal machine that is Fernando Cavenaghi you can slowly work to restore them at the top of South American football.

Ill get back to you with more detailed analysis once Ive loaded their game again (Im currently at work) but to start with Ill mention the following:

Chichizola - A good young goalkeeper with **** potential. Recommended (eventual) purchases: Jorge Broun and/or Gaston Monzon.

Daniel Villalva - Great young cf with **** potential. Recommended eventual purchase: Facundo Jara.

Jonathan Maidana - Very impressive cb.

As I said ... more to come.