The San Marino Double

Ubernisation

Reaction score
Ok, since starting a game with San Marino a while ago, I thought it could be a fun idea to manage both club and country and see how far we can go. Obviously the major goal is to win the Champions League and the World Cup, but the short term goals are to keep scorelines respectable in the World Cup Qualifiers with country and get promotion from C2/B with club. I will be trying to play as many San Marinese players in my club squad as possible for their development, so this may somewhat slow my process with club, but I expect that side of the game to be a fair bit easier than managing the nation.

I am currently in December of the first season, I am currently using TheBetterHalf's Plug and Play tactics which can be found here

Club Details:

The current Club squad:

sanmarinoclubsquad.png

Transfers:

sanmarinoclubtransfers.png

(I released so many because they all had 1 star current and 1 star potential and were on wages of £50-£100 per week)

Results so far:

sanmarinoclubresults.png

League Table:

sanmarinoclubtable.png

Nation Details:

Squad:

sanmarinonationsquad.png

Results so far:

sanmarinonationresults.png

Ranking:

sanmarinonationranking1.png

I'll update this after each month of club football and each national match.

Thanks for reading :)

0-0 against czech republic is pretty good. how did you get the san marino league.

san marino play in italy league 4th tier i think

Yes, if you just load all of the Italian leagues, there is a San Marino team in C2/B, I think it was formed to represent San Marino on a greater stage than the national league can do, in a similar way to Cardiff and Swansea being in the English leagues I suppose.

And I was greatly helped by the fact that the Czech Republic had a man sent off in the 30th minute or so :D

Keep at it. I love reading these stories. So interesting

Yes, if you just load all of the Italian leagues, there is a San Marino team in C2/B, I think it was formed to represent San Marino on a greater stage than the national league can do, in a similar way to Cardiff and Swansea being in the English leagues I suppose.

And I was greatly helped by the fact that the Czech Republic had a man sent off in the 30th minute or so :D

And just as Toronto who are in MLS (are they still min real life?) and just as DPMM is in the Malay league and just I thought Auckland but I don't see that anymore

Thanks for the support everyone :)

Played a few more games in a fairly quiet christmas period. It's going well with the club:

sanmarinoresults2.png

The 1-0 away win to Celano (League leaders) was a particular highlight. This has left me top of the league with a 13-7-1 record and a two point margin to the next team.

In the January transfer period I only added one new face to the squad, Alvin Ceccoli a 34 year old Left back on a free transfer. I was lacking adequate cover in this area, and he is on low wages and only a 1 year contract with squad status backup, so he may not even get a game, but it gives me peace of mind. I also shipped out 3 players, Amodeo and Pirri were complaining about not getting games, so i left them leave, and Sorbera was of a standard far behind that of the rest of the squad, so I let him go too. Although this does leave me with quite a small squad (21 men) I had to cut the wage bill and didn't want complaints to effect the morale of the squad.

On the national front there has only been one game, Home to Northern Ireland. In the last San Marino game I won this 1-0, but no such luck this time as I succumbed to a 1-0 defeat. I probably should have equalised as Ciacci missed a point blank shot at goal, but can't complain too much.

sanmarinonorthernirelan.png

This leaves me with a very hard last set of games in my world cup campaign which i'm not too confident about, 4 away games in a row to Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic and then a home game to Slovenia. If i can pick up any result in those 4 away games i'll be happy, and I hope I can go out with a bang with a result at home to Slovenia, but we'll see.

Currently ranked 165th in the world.

i've allways been tempted of doing these types of games but how did you get the san marino national and club jobs at the same time ? as when ever i have done a national job i've found it slightly boring as you norm only have 1 match ever 2-3 months

I started as the San Marino national team, then added a new user to manage the club, retired that user and applied for the now available job.

If you fancy managing a nation and want to make it more interesting, start with a low reputation, load all leagues and apply for the random job availibilities that come up and see how good a club you can get to manage.

Nice story mate, love these threads.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Thanks :) I've done a lot more today, actually finished the first season in record time, that's what plug and play does for you :D

Nation:

Here are the most recent results:

poland3sanmarino1.png

Deserved to lose this to a superior Poland side, but the late goal is definately something positive to take out of the game, we maintained the fighting spirit right to the end and even had a few chances with hitting the woodwork and such

slovakia3sanmarino2.png

A definite imporvement on the 5-0 trouncing at home, and it was very heartening to see us fight back after a 2-0 and 3-1 deficit rather than succumb to a large margin as in last time we played them. Also not that the goalscorer was Ciacci, he had been performing well for the club so I gave him the start ahead of national legend Andy Selva, and he came up trumps.

Our World Cup Qualifying Group:

sanmarinowcqgroup.png

Here is the ranking table:

sanmarinoranking2.png

On a side note, Andy Selva, who is 32, has announced he is retiring from international football in 2015, how odd o_O

Club:

Managed to win the league with the final standings looking like this:

sanmarinotable.png

Very pleased with this, especially the few goals conceded. This win also included a 24 game unbeaten streak and two 5 game winning streaks. Onwards and upwards to the next division!

Here is how the players stacked up:

sanmarinoform.png

End of Season Review:

Nation:

Couldn't ask for too much more of the lads, two 0-0 draws gave us some, i think, deserved points and besides the 5-0 loss to Slovakia we have been competetive in every game. I think we even got better as it went along, with the final 3-2 loss showing some battling spirit and real hope.

The aims for next season are to get at least one point from the remaining 3 games in the WCQ, most likely aiming to get some sort of result at home to Slovenia. Also to find some good new regens and bring them to the club and rear them for their international careers.

Club:

Very happy with winning the league, obviously the aim for next season is to consolidate and hopefully end up somewhere mid table. Need to boost the clubs finances too. I will be looking for a new lead striker and maybe refreshing the defence and shifting a few of the 30+'s from the club, but I don't want to make too many drastic changes as I did in the first team as the squad really started to gel later on in the season. I also will be aiming to bring in a few new coaches if allowed, and replace one or two of the those whose contract is running out for better staff. Also gained manager of the season for the league which is of course a welcome accalade :)

Expect the rate of play to drop quite dramatically in a few days time, but for now I have nothing better to do than gain world domination with San Marino :D

Last edited:
You did really well to get the club promoted champions and I think it's miraculous how you got a 0-0 draw out of the Czech Republic.
I'm probably gonna be stuck to this thread now haha

What kind of facilities does the San Marino club have? I think if I were to do it I'd try to make as much money as possible, then build up my youth facilities in order to get better players for both the club and the national team.

great thread mate keep it up san marino champs league word cup double in the year 2018 :p

yeah if you had top class youth training stuff at club im sure you would be making youth players possibly allready better then some in your national side, btw how much money did you start with at san marino club as i've allways found it hard starting with no money or very limited money (less then 50k)

Good luck, you will def need it. San Marino international level is almost pointless but if you can get a few good players playing for the club team you might just make the difference. I will keep reading

very interesting read so far will have to bookmark it so i can access it easily anyway keep it up im sure you'll secure a mid table finish next season

What kind of facilities does the San Marino club have? I think if I were to do it I'd try to make as much money as possible, then build up my youth facilities in order to get better players for both the club and the national team.

We have adequate training facilities, basic youth facilities and an academy. And yes, this is a major step in my plan, I think 3rd season I should have enough money as first season I always go into debt with the major overhaul, and now with the minimal changes I can rake in the cash. I will also need to get a stadium increase in size soon, cause the national and club stadium holds 4.5k, and I am projected about 3.2k season ticket holders.

Regens this season, I got 5 3 star potential regens at the club, which does not inspire me with confidence. However in the national pool I managed to find these new players whom I think could get into the squad:

toccaceli.png

leonev.png

I have checked on genie scout and these players have PA of 136 and 101. I also have a 19 year old striker with PA 130, 22 year old GK with PA 120, 20 year old MC with PA 110, 17 year old GK with PA 110 and an 18 year old MR with PA 98. So these are the hopes for the future it seems.

EDIT: Oh and I started with 100k transfer budget which was very nice for that level, although quite a low wage budget. Second season I was given little transfer budget but a high wage allowance, so when I adjusted it it came out to be about 500k to play with.

EDIT 2: Does anyone know what happens to the money raised from gate receipts at an international match?

Last edited: