'The save game could not be loaded' every single time!

Reaction score
I've seen a fair few people have had problems with this error message, and its got to be one of the most annoying.

The first time I got it, I'd just got Forest into the EPL, and the last retrievable save was at the start of November. So I ploughed on, got to the EPL again and then I got the dreaded message. This time, I was luckier in that I only went back to the end of January.

I finally got to the Premier League for the third time, and things were going okay. I got up to about the 7th of August, a plethora of new signings in the bag which took a lot of negotiating, and I get the message AGAIN. Now its starting to be really frustrating, and I figure that as its a running theme throughout my game, there's gotta be something fundamentally wrong with my FM2011. In fact, its just happened for the fourth time, and I've lost three great signings as I'm back to the middle of July.

Can anybody give me any ideas on what the problem is, and how to fix it once and for all? Any feedback is much appreciated.

It might be to do with how much space you have on your hard drive, does it to me sometimes.
Also, try copying and renaming the file, that has worked for me in the past.
Other than that, i dunno.

How old is your HD? Sounds like file corruption to me.

I own FM05, FM08, FM09 and FM11 and I have had this problem with ALL OF THEM!!

I've installed them on different PC's/Laptops and it makes no difference...

I read somewhere on another forum that it has something to do with switching off your PC via the power button rather then 'Start' and 'Shutdown', as that corrupts the files... That makes sense to me, as my last laptop (which it happened most frequently on, almost every time I tried to reload a new game), which was old and messed up, could only be turned off by removing the charger and switched off by the button for some reason... And the only time it's happened since I bought FM11 a few days ago, was just now when I had to turn off my computer in a hurry...

Originally (in previous games) I thought my files got corrupted because I used to use scouts and in-game editors a lot, but seeing as I havn't touched them with the latest version, I'm gonna rule that out as the main reason.

I hope, for the love of GOD, that it is something as simple as an incorrect shutdown as I am sick of my PWNAGE teams disappearing into oblivion.

Hope this helps you too!

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f115/not-well-formed-invalid-token-at-line-1-of-last-t51146.html

There you go, that's what happened to me... :p

Well, then it is hardly FMs fault. Just close FM and shut your computer down properly ;)

Right, this thing isn't going away. I was halfway through my second season and its happened again, seems like every game I save can't be loaded the next time I open FM. Its not the way I exit or the way I turn my laptop off - for some reason, it just can't load my save games. Could it possibly be that my 'games' folder is corrupted or something? I'm gonna re-install FM and see if it the problem persists.

If it does, I have no idea what to do.

Do a rolling save. If a game corrupts, there will be a backup file !

same problem, didn't have that problem on older games like fm10 or 09...
it's one of the most frustrating things! babacar and sanogo both signed, both lost:S

I had a PC bluescreen crash a few days ago while playing the game, and now I'm getting this message when I try to load my saved game.

No rolling save, 3 seasons in to a massive massive campaign game with almost all the leagues from almost every country loaded.

:'(

NOT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had an amazing team with both barcelona and manchester united with names like ronaldo, messi, higuian, lahm, maicon and a **** of a lot of wonderkids with both teams destined to win the treble.

Now both have gone because of messages like save game could not be loaded and invalid token load_last_game

can somebody tell me what is going on