The Stadium of White- An English Revolution

Jake89

FM or Revision? Hmm.....
Reaction score
STEVE BRUCE SACKED AS SUNDERLAND MANAGER!

Steve Bruce was today relieved of his managerial duties after he was found guilty on the charge of match fixing. After Liverpool beat Chelsea on Sunday morning the title was in Manchester United's hands and they unexpectedly dominated Sunderland and won the game 5-0. They when went on to win the premier league.

Chelsea filed an immediate complaint and an unvestigation has been going on since. Today the FA revealed that they found him guilty after interviewing first team players and finding out that he told them to take it easy on this game.

It is understood Sunderland are now looking for a young British manager to take the club forward next season. Some names in the mix are Simon Grayson, Paul Lambert and Chris Coleman.

SUNDERLAND HIRE UNKNOWN SANCHEZ IV

Sunderland have today announced the decision to appoint new manager, former Paraguyan Sunday League Player Ham Sanchez IV. He is a strange choice to the fans as they were expecting another british talent for a manager but Sanchez had this to say "I know I am not British like some of you fans would have liked, but I have a policy to only purchase players from the nation I am managing in. I think it is better this way as the players can speak one language on and off the pitch and develop a close bond as a result".

Current English Players:

Michael Turner
- Going to be a star man this season and possibly a future captain.
Darren Bent- Should be the main firepower up front and I expect at least 25 goals from him this season as I know he has the ability.
Kieran Richardson- Decent Left Winger which is rare to find, has a great left foot and should hopefully get some goals and assists.
Matt Kilgallon- Decent Centre Back, will probably be a back up to the first team but could step in and perform.
Phil Bardsley- Young Fullback with good potential, will probably be fighting for first place with Hutton this season.
Lee Cattermole- Commanding, Crunching Defensive Mid, will be key to our success this season.
Jordan Henderson- A real prospect. Should become a leading star in a few years.
Anton Ferdinand- Will probably be sold, wages are too high for the ability he has.

Foreign Players

Lorik Cana
John Mensah (Loan)
Martin Fulop
Andy Reid
Boudejiwn Zenden
George McCartney
Paulo Da Silva
Craig Gordon
Alan Hutton (Loan)
Kenwyne Jones
Benjani (Loan)
Malbranque
O'Donovan

I have a reasonable budget of £12m to work with. More will be made from the sale of unwanted foreign players.

Aims

I will look to make a top 10 finish this season after being tipped for a lowly 16th. I think if we can break into the top 10 then we will be in a good position next season to break into the European spots with some good signings.

Will be looking to make the Semi-Finals of one of the domestic cups.

Try and gain at least 75% English Players by the end of the season. May keep a few young players around from Scotland, Ireland or Wales as they are still British.

Transfers IN

Tom Huddlestone- £5m-
Great signing for Sunderland. Tom has bags of quality and will be a great partner for Cattermole in the Centre of the Midfield.
Jack Rodwell - £13m- Bought over 4 years Rodwell will be a great player in years to come and should be a leading star of this revolution.
Miles Addison- £3.5m- Another CB/CM with an a great future. Within a few years we will have a really good team with all the youth players at the moment.
Peter Whittingham- £2.5m- After a great season in Championship he has returned to the top flight. The creative midfielder or winger will provide good competition for places accross the whole midfield.
John Fleck- £3m- I know he is not English but he is from Scotland and will speak the language and get on fine with the players. Great youngster who can play AMC or LM.
Mark Beevers- £2m - Another Youngster. Looks like developing into a great centre back in a few years who can also provide Left-Back cover.
Michael Ball- Free- The LB was brought in for cover as we only had 1 LB in the squad. Only on a 1 year contract probably wont play much of a role in the team this season.

Transfers OUT

Steed Malbranque- £6m- Lyon
- High wages Foreigner, had to go.
Roy O'Donovan- 500k- Peterborugh- Useless Player
Anton Ferdinand - Loan Fee 375k - HSV- Needed his wages off the bill as he was on over 50k a week.

View attachment 61043

Pre-Season

View attachment 61044

Not a bad pre-season. Everyone was given a chance to prove they deserve a place in the first team and now I think I have found the starting XI.

Premier League

Sunderland 2-3 Arsenal
Turner, Bent

Decent first performance of the season and we almost snatched a point at the end. Won't be too disheartened by this result as Arsenal are a top team. WIll be hoping to bounce straight back with a win in the next game though.

Premier League

Sunderland 3-2 Birmingham
Bent, Jones, Turner

A good win today as Birmingham comeback to equalise twice, we showed great charachter to ****** the win right at the death. Turner looks a real threat from every corner and now has 2 in 2. His winner came in the 92nd minute. Huddlestone was quality today, laying on 2 goals and completely dominating the centre of the park.
Not a bad start so far with 2 pretty good performances. We have played some decent football and are making chances. Need to sure up a bit at the back as if we can keep clean sheets we have a great chance of snatching a win.

Upcoming Fixtures

Blackburn Away (Premier League)
Norwich Home (Carling Cup)
Wigan Away (Premier League)

2 Winnable games in the Premier League and I will be looking to take something from both of these games as well as progressing to the next round of the cup.

I hope you enjoy my story and if you feel I can improve in any way then please let me know, constructive crticism though please.

Good luck bro I love Sunderland too.

Sorry but this game file corrupted earlier. First time this has happened to me on Football Manager 10 and it is the first save game I have started since getting the 10.3 update, anybody know why it happens? Didn't seem to be any errors when I was saving the file.

Going to start a new game with my local team Swansea now after seeing them miss out on playoffs today I hope to take them one step further.

Keep an eye out and follow my new story please :)