The stig is revealed!!!

thfc_09

Reaction score
One of the best kept secrets in television is now known

The BBC has been refused a court injunction preventing the revealing of The Stig's identity.

He may have a fear of ducks but hit motor show Top Gear's mysterious circuit driver The Stig proved to be not so tame after beating a High Court ban by BBC bosses to muzzle him.
An autobiography by HarperCollins reveals the Stig to be racing driver and stuntman, Ben Collins.

15710669.jpg
The Stig's true identity was a closely guarded secret

On his website Collins, 35,is revealed to be one of the stunt drivers who drove the Aston Martins in the latest 007 film, Quantam of Solace.
In a small paragraph it says: "Collins is also a leading stunt driver for film and television".
In response to the ruling a BBC spokesperson said: "The BBC brought this action as we believe it is vital to protect the character of the Stig which ultimately belongs to the licence fee payer.
"Today's judgement does not prevent the BBC from pursuing this matter to trial and the BBC will not be deterred from protecting such information from attack no matter when or by whom it should arise."

Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic... all we know is, he's called the Stig.
BBC Presenter, Jeremy Clarkson

During the legal battle the show's boss Andy Wilman wrote a passionate blog in defence of keeping the Stig's identity secret.
In it he said: "The whole point of the Stig is the mystique – the bizarre characteristics he has, the wonderment created about what he might think, feel, do or look like. Kids adore the conceit, and I believe adults, although they know it’s a man in a suit (or is it?), gladly buy into the whole conceit because they find it entertaining."
The Top Gear test driver's job on the BBC series was to drive featured sports cars around the shows test track very fast.
But The Stig became a bit of a legend on the show after presenter Jeremy Clarkson started introducing the anonymous driver each week with a different comic saying.
The Stig's identity was never revealed as he always appeared on the show helmeted, darkened visor down and clad head to toe in his trademark white racing overalls.

yer i saw this, oh well he is now out of a job.

Not the first time this has happened. They will probably just fire him and find a replacement like last time. The guy has just cost himself a pretty cool job.

Applications for the new stig here please. LOL

i saw something about this but i thought it was schumacher.

Wrong section.

And to be fair, the stig can be replaced. I would hate to lose that job.

Well, he's just lost himself the best job he's ever going to have, they'll just sack him and get any other racing/stunt driver to replace him. Oaf.

Well, personally didn't want to know, as part of the fun with the Stig was trying to guess who he was.

wont be the same now, what a ******!

Will. They'll 'kill him off' and introduce a similar one, purple stig?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiJkQzpzRc"]YouTube- Top Gear - The Stig - HMS Invincible - BBC[/ame]

It has been known that is was Ben for the last couple months - shame the wider public now know. Wonder who it will be next - there is a outside chance that the stig will be female.

It wont change the show that much i dont think.....theyll just get someone else in a different colour and by episode 5 of the next series it wont feel different.....thats what it was like when they replaced black with white so....

i honestly think its one of the coolest jobs in the world.

I thought everyone knew, maybe not.