mshaw2

Reaction score
Like many a other on this site, I really enjoy reading a good story and getting a bit of inspiration to start/carry on with my FM game. I also get peeved when I click on stories after stories to find the same old, same old. So I thought, maybe we could have a thread where by if you read a good story then you could post the link in here.

The only downside to it I can think of is that we will get people recommending their own story so if the idea took off, we could put some sort of restriction in place to stop you recommending your own story.

Let me know what you think...

i think this isnt the best idea. i think you just get used to memebers who do good stories.

Seems a bit of a pointless thread to me, surely people can pick what stories they like? & Plus nearly every story that is active will get seen.

But I'll keep it open, if people use it then it can't do any harm.

Seems a bit of a pointless thread to me, surely people can pick what stories they like? & Plus nearly every story that is active will get seen.

But I'll keep it open, if people use it then it can't do any harm.

Not exactly a pointless thread is it? It would be a pointless thread if I asked what team to be or what tactic is best for my team. That would be a pointless thread.

I think your missing the point anyway Max (excuse the pun). I'm not saying people are incapable of choosing what story they want to read, but a thread like this 'might' save people like myself time from scouring through story after story to be met with a barage of excuses for why they got to the 1st transfer window and there computer blew up.

Anyway, you are after all a trial moderator so it is within your rights to close a thread which you deem to be pointless. I just thought it might save people a bit of time. Never mind...

I'm gonna say my own Muwumbi thread ;) (advertising)
But seriously, I'd say DMF's one. Quality thread. Or the one that did the fiorentina story.

Lewis your user title thing is my phrase to say on your thread :O

Copycat :p

I'm gonna say my own Muwumbi thread ;) (advertising)
But seriously, I'd say DMF's one. Quality thread. Or the one that did the fiorentina story.

My name isnt "the one" lol XD

Only joking mate, thanks. And thanks to Finn aswell (H).

i think you could list up these suggestions in the first post, so ppl dont need to scroll through this searching for good stories;)

Not exactly a pointless thread is it? It would be a pointless thread if I asked what team to be or what tactic is best for my team. That would be a pointless thread.

I think your missing the point anyway Max (excuse the pun). I'm not saying people are incapable of choosing what story they want to read, but a thread like this 'might' save people like myself time from scouring through story after story to be met with a barage of excuses for why they got to the 1st transfer window and there computer blew up.

Anyway, you are after all a trial moderator so it is within your rights to close a thread which you deem to be pointless. I just thought it might save people a bit of time. Never mind...

I think it's a good idea but I think people should say why the story is great. I have started to read so many stories but get bored with them. For me it's the stories where people are trying to build a team and take them up the league. Who cares about prem teams unless the manager got them there from the depths.

i would definately reccomend king erics alex ferguson story and i would also reccomend maxes portsmouth story i find it a very good read and dans life after rafa liverpool story is very good and bcfcs birmingham story is a very good read :D

I would reccomend:
bcfc, Luke, Chris and Max's Palace thread,
Kris' New thread,
King Erics Fergie thread,
Redders' thread
Deano's Brentford thread.
Many others are good and I apologise if I didn't include your story but this is my opinion.

The problem I see with this is that people will only look in here for good stories, ignoring maybe a unknown member who has written a good story. Apart from that this is a good idea.

I think it's a good idea but I think people should say why the story is great. I have started to read so many stories but get bored with them. For me it's the stories where people are trying to build a team and take them up the league. Who cares about prem teams unless the manager got them there from the depths.

This is true. Obviously I cannot compare my Brentford thread to hushbaby's in that sense (very enjoyable thread by the way mate) but I still felt Brentford although League 1 are a decent challenge. Over the wage budget, no money, big debt.

But yeah I am enjoying:

Micky Pain's Bayreuth story.
King Eric's Fergie one.

and a couple of others but those are the standout two at the moment.

The problem I see with this is that people will only look in here for good stories, ignoring maybe a unknown member who has written a good story. Apart from that this is a good idea.

Thats what i learnt, if ur not well known here your story isnt that successful as other even though yours can be better than others