The underachieving nation with a new leader.

ollie56

Reaction score
sky-sports.jpg

Wales.png

Wales appoint Emmerson!
After John Toshack left as Wales boss straight after this years world cup final, the Welsh FA have been quick to appoint unknown manager Ollie Emmerson as manager. Emmerson has had spells with non league Nuneaton and AFC Telford before taking this job. It is reported that the Welsh FA are paying him £600,000 pounds a year, a tenth of what fierce rivals England pay current manager Fabio Capello. Fans have shown a mixed responce to this appointment with some thinking that the Welsh FA have gone bonkers, whilst others are concluding that anyone could do a better job than his predecssor John Toshack.
A press conference with Emmerson will be held at 4 O'clock today.

Last edited:
"Bonkers" I very much doubt that Sky Sports would say that.

sky-sports.jpg

Emmerson press conference.
Here at sky sports we have Ollie Emmerson's first press conference as Wales manager.

Sky Sports: Ollie, how does it feel to be Wales manager?
Emmerson: I feel very happy to be in charge of Wales and am proud.

Eatmygoal.com: How do you think you can do in the European championship qualifiers?
Emmerson: Well, I think we have a good enough squad to qualify and it will be interesting to see how we come out in next week's draw.

The Sun: What do you think of the current wales youth set up?
Emmerson: I think we have a very good youth set up and lots of talented young players are coming through such as Aaron Ramsey and Sam Vokes.

FourFourTwo: What is your message for the fans?
Emmerson: Give me time and I will work with the players and I will bring you the results you deserve.

Emmerson: Thank you and my new coaching set up will be confirmed tommorow.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

"Bonkers" I very much doubt that Sky Sports would say that.
It was a quote from a fan

sky-sports.jpg

Emmerson press conference.
Here at sky sports we have Ollie Emmerson's first press conference as Wales manager.

Sky Sports: Ollie, how does it feel to be Wales manager?
Emmerson: I feel very happy to be in charge of Wales and am proud.

Eatmygoal.com: How do you think you can do in the European championship qualifiers?
Emmerson: Well, I think we have a good enough squad to qualify and it will be interesting to see how we come out in next week's draw.

The Sun: What do you think of the current wales youth set up?
Emmerson: I think we have a very good youth set up and lots of talented young players are coming through such as Aaron Ramsey and Sam Vokes.

FourFourTwo: What is your message for the fans?
Emmerson: Give me time and I will work with the players and I will bring you the results you deserve.

Emmerson: Thank you and my new coaching set up will be confirmed tommorow.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

It was a quote from a fan

Blatently wasn't though. no "qoutation marks" and the way im reading it the "presenter" says it not the fan.

No one is going to follow pal.

sky-sports.jpg

Emmerson names staff line up.
Today new Wales manager Ollie Emmerson has named his staff line up.

Assistant manager: Brian Flynn
Coach: Ryan Giggs
Striking coach's: John Hartson, Ian Rush
Goalkeeping coach: Neville Southall
Physio: Peter Brunker

With this list he has confirmed that Ian Rush will mentor the younger strikers while John Hartson will coach the more experienced strikers.
Also Ryan Giggs will join up with the team and come away from Manchester United.
Sir Alex Ferguson has also commented on the appointment and said that he thinks it will be good experience for Giggs.

Haa this is like bullying. The presentation could be better yes but lets not be negative nancys

stop being dicks and criticising every post he makes

if you dont like dont click !

Christ's sake, he is on a handheld, so presentation is difficult. Stop derailing his story with pointless posts.

Just leave the guy alone and let him get on with it.

Good luck pal.

Blatently wasn't though. no "qoutation marks" and the way im reading it the "presenter" says it not the fan.

No one is going to follow pal.

While we're correcting people's posts, let's have a look at yours. It is spelt 'blatantly' rather than 'blatently'. 'Quotation' rather than 'qoutation'. 'I'm', not 'im'. Also, why are you using quotation marks around it anyway?

So have a look at what you write before criticising his story.

sky-sports.jpg

European championship qualifying groups drawn.
Wales have been drawn in one of the two 5 team groups in today European Championship groups.
They were drawn in group 10 with,

Sweden
Bulgaria
Armenia
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Wales manager Ollie Emmerson had this to say about the draw.
"I think it is a group we can qualify from, however with players like Ibrahimovic and Dzeko to come up against it will be tough."

With this statement Emmerson also released the list of fixtures for Wales over the next 12 months.

11th Aug 10 Friendly Away Gambia
4th Sep 10 Qualifier Away Bosnia
8th Sep 10 Qualifier Home Sweden
9th Oct 10 Qualifier Away Armenia
17th Nov Friendly Home Guatemala
2nd Feb 11 Friendly Away Spain
26th Mar 11 Qualifier Home Bulgaria
30th Mar 11 Qualifier Home Bosnia
4th June 11 Qualifier Away Sweden
8th June 11 Friendly Home Northen Ireland
10th Aug 11 Friendly Home Ecuador
3rd Sep 11 Qualifier Home Armenia
8th Oct 11 Qualifier Away Bulgaria

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:45 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Just leave the guy alone and let him get on with it.

Good luck pal.
Thanks

Last edited:
When I saw this on the recent thread list, I thought Wales had signed Emerson as their new manager in real life! :O

EMERSON_19970413_NF_L.jpg