The Welsh Barcelona - The Road To Glory

JMcQueen

Reaction score
2m3oax4.png

xehl5x.jpg

Brendan Rogers Sacked

Breaking new's that Swansea City have sacked manager Brendan Roger's only a month before the start of the Premier League. Rogers who guided Swansea City to the Premier League for the first time in there history was called a "hero" after masterminding there promotion from Championship. Many people around the country and especially Swansea City fan's are left bewildered by the clubs decision as it was only a few years ago when Swansea City seemed to be facing relegation out of the Football League.

Rogers has yet to comment on the decision, but is said to be left fuming at the clubs decision, there has been no indication to why as yet the club came to this conclusion as relations between Brendan Rogers and the Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins have always been good.

The bookmakers have already began speculating who may be brought in to replace Rogers, with them having Alan Curbishley as the favourite at 2/1, but also other big names such as Walter Smith and Mick McCarthy being in the frame aswell.

------------------------------

2m3oax4.png

23lktns.jpg

Huw Jenkins Explains

Last week, Huw Jenkins shocked Swansea City supporters, by sacking popular manager Brendan Rogers. Today, the Swansea City chairman gave BBC reporters an explaination for his actions as he took us around The LIberty Stadium.

"I can understand why people are angry, upset and confused - Brendan was a very popular guy around here. He guided us to the Premier League for the first time in our clubs history, but myself and the board had a meeting and discussed various issues we had with Rogers and we came to a conclusion that it was only right for us to find a replacement. We wish Brendan all the best of luck in the future and we're sure he will find another job with no problems at all - we just want a change here at Swansea. We want everything to be in place for our first season in the Premier League. I beg the Swansea City supporters to trust us on this, we know what we are doing.."

It seems the reasoning explained by Jenkins was that Swansea's board wanted a completely different coaching staff to guide them foward in the Premier League - so what doe's that tell us? Did Jenkins have no faith in Rogers? Or is something else the real reason for why Brendan Rogers was removed as manager of Swansea City.

2m3oax4.jpg

1zn02lc.jpg

Rogers Considering Tribunal

The drama continues around Swansea City as Brendan Rogers hint at claiming a tribunal for unfair dismissal. BBC reporters finally caught up with Brendan Rogers back in Northen Ireland as he went to watch Clifftonville in a pre-season clash.

"Ofcourse im not happy with what's happened, I mean sure - if I was under performing or had walked out on my own, it would all be understandable. But to guide a club to the Premier League for the first time in there history and get sacked before the campaign's even under way? How can you say that's even remortly fair? I've got a good mind to take this even further..."

It seems that Brendan Rogers is finding it difficult to let this go and who can blame him? He's got a very good case against Swansea City - but you've got to feel for the fans throughout all of this. With there first ever season approaching in the Premier League , im sure all this drama was not what they was expecting. Hopefully it can be all settled in time before the big kick-off.

------------------------

2m3oax4.jpg

2u70mj5.png

Swansea City & Brendan Rogers Settle Differences

After weeks of confusion, anger and rumours of tribunals - it seems that Swansea City and Brendan Rogers have finally settled there differences after holding a meeting late last night in London. It's rumoured that after threatining Swansea City with a tribunal - Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins arranged a meeting to bring it all to an end.

We're not entirely sure of what exactly's been said in the meeting or whats been agreed to either as both Brendan Rogers and Huw Jenkins refused to comment, but many people are already speculating that Swansea City doubled Brendan Rogers compensation fee from what was originally giving to him from Swansea terminating his contract.

It's great news for Swansea City fans, as they can now concentrate on football once again, that is once a new manager has been named.

2m3oax4.jpg

33jib82.jpg

Walter Smith: New Swansea City Manager

After weeks of speculation, Swansea City finally revealed there new manager today - Walter Smith. The Scottish manager was one mentioned as a candidate for the job after leaving Rangers last season, but wasnt really considered as one of the favourites. With the revealing of Walter Smith as manager, Huw Jenkings had this to say.

"Walter's an incredible manager, he's got everything we was looking for. Experiance, determination and a very decarative background aswell. He's not used to losing and that's exactly what we want to be aswell - just because it's our first season in the Premier League doe's not mean we should get used to losing and hope to stay up by the scare of our fingernails. I want to climb that table and I believe Walter is just the man to do so."

After the announcement was made alot of Swansea City fans was still unsure of the decision, although there was some who could see Jenkin's point of view - after all Walter Smith has won mutiple league titles with Rangers, aswell as domestic cup and even guided Rangers to a U.E.F.A Cup final (now the Europa League). He's also managed his national country Scotland where he guided them to a famous victory over France.

"Im incredibly pleased to be here, il be honest I never thought i would be back in football management after Rangers - but the ambition Huw Jenkins showed me, convinced me to come back. There's a great prospect here for this club to climb the table and stay as far away from the relegation zone as possible. Our players and style play is fantastic - im sure in a few years time we will be consistent challengers for a Europe place."

Walter Smith is cleary got plans for his side, but when asked about any transfers bothh men refused to comment. After a month of drama, it appears things are back in order around the Liberty Stadium with Walter Smith the man in charge to lead Swansea City to there first season in the Premier League.