*Paul*

Reaction score
Sometimes you have a FM dilemma - should I play Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi on the RW position as Inside Forward? You look at their scout reports, considering what Tord Grip & co. say, but they rate both the same.

Then you compare them, looking at who has the better attributes, yet they both have their own strengths and weaknesses. So you still can't decide who to start in the Champions League Final against Manchester United.

Well, if this is the case for you, this is the thread for you. If you've used all the tools at your disposal yet you still can't decide the answer to your question (in this case - "Should I play Ronaldo or Messi?") then post it on this thread an hopefully another member will post a helpful answer to your question.

Here's an example of what you might post:

Names of players: Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi
Team you're managing and team you're facing: FC Barcelona (me) vs Manchester United
Position and role: AMR - Inside Forward
Season/year: 2nd Season - 7th December 2011
Player up against: Patrice Evra (rated 7.14 after 12 games)
Tactical information: Playing with mentality 'Control' and trying to play possession football. Using the tactic 'Boombastic Tactic 4-1-2-2-1 V1'.
Additional information: Pitch is large (107 yards by 86 yards) and the weather is sunny.
Screenshot: [Insert Screenshot here]

You don't need to post all the information above, but the more you post the more chance that someone will answer your query as they may not have sufficient information if you don't post it all.

However, if you don't post all the information in italics then your post will be completely ignored. But if you don't know the other information, then put a 'N/A' in the box and it won't be ignored.

Template:

Names of players:
Team you're managing and team you're facing:
Position and role:
Season/year:
Player up against:
Tactical information:
Additional information:
Screenshot:

If you don't use the template provided then you will be ignored completely but feel free to add as much additional information as you want.

Preferably, you should use the FM-Base Attachments to upload your screenshot or, if you can't do that, use a image hosting site such as TinyPic, ImageShack or Photobucket and copy the 'Forum Code' into your post - press Preview to check that it's the right one. To take a screenshot of FM, press Alt + F9.

Here is the thread for FM 2011.

Thanks,
*Paul*

P.S. Thanks to Raikan007 for approving and editing this post.

This thread will stay closed until the FM 2012 Demo is released - apparently "1 or 2 weeks before the game is released." The game is expected to be released "Before Christmas." Will update with date when given, thanks for your patience.

Last edited:
Thread open.

The Football Manager 2012 Demo was released on Thursday 6th October 2011, and can be downloaded via Steam here: Football Manager 2012.

Let the discussions commence!

Last edited:
Football Manager 2012 was released on Friday 21st October 2011 by Sports Interactive, and can be downloaded via Steam here: Football Manager 2012 Full Version.

C'mon guys, post your issues rather than starting new threads or sorting them out yourself. After all, two minds are better than one!

By the way, remember to follow the template or your post will be ignored/deleted/edited. Keep posting guys!

Names of players: Neymar or Damiano
Team you're managing and team you're facing: Arsenal VS Man UTD
Position and role: ST (lone striker)
Season/year: 2012-2013
Player up against: Vidic, Ferdinand
Tactical information: 4-5-1 *mind: control)
Additional information:

Names of players: Neymar or Damiano
Position and role: ST (lone striker)
Tactical information: 4-5-1 *mind: control)
Additional information:
I would play Leandro Damiao, if you are talking about him. He will provide more of a presence against United and will fit into Arsenal's passing system better (he's a better team player rather than a selfish individual like Neymar). But if it's not working, you can always bring on Neymar later on with his raw pace and fresh legs.

Thanks for replying to this thread and using the template, though, mate! :)

Names of players: Goetze or Moura
Position and role: RW-IF, or AMC-R/Att
Tactical information: 4-2-3-1 mind: att
Additional information: would play Neymar as poacher, and Hazard LW-IF, AMC-Att Wilshere
or would it be better with 3 AMCs: AMCL/Att Hazard - AMC/AdvPl Goetze/Wilshere - AMCR/Att Moura/Goetze

Names of players: Goetze or Moura
Position and role: RW-IF, or AMC-R/Att
Tactical information: 4-2-3-1 mind: att
Additional information: would play Neymar as poacher, and Hazard LW-IF, AMC-Att Wilshere
or would it be better with 3 AMCs: AMCL/Att Hazard - AMC/AdvPl Goetze/Wilshere - AMCR/Att Moura/Goetze
I personally think Mario Gotze, because of his fantastic playmaking ability yet he can score a few goals.

He would combine with Neymar well - threading through balls and playing one-twos in theory, and due to his goalscoring threat also prove difficult for United to contain both him and Neymar.

Having said that, not too sure who Moura is - could you try and include screenshots or full names if they aren't that well known, please. Thanks for replying and using the template, as well! :)

Lucas Moura (Sao Paolo) I´m in March 2012, and have brought Lucas in winter for 25M, so far he works pretty good as AMR/IF(some MoMs) with J Rodriguez from Porto as AMC (he looks so far great and develops great) behind Persie, who is a goal machine for now, last 3 or 4 games didn´t have the best time. I did get Hazard in December, but decided to let him stay in Lille until summer, they are in CHL playoffs, and in the 4th place in french ligue ( don´t know if it was good decision, in my first save, when I got him in winter transfer, he was developing much better, and after season his value was about 21Ms, now just 12M, but Ljaljic didn´t, now it seems for Ljaljic bit better, and i think that Hazard will develop in world class everytime, I get him and let him play).
Neymar and Goetze are on the way , I´ll get them both in summer, just waiting, if I could unsettle them.
Just my second question, would it be better to play them as 3AMCs or AML-AMC-AMR?

Names: Alaba or Ganso
Team: Arsenal
Position: CMR/aut or support
S7Y:2012/13
Tactical: 4-2-3-1
Additional info: Ramsey is playing well, but nothing special, CML/BWM Rodwell is much better, don´t know if Ganso would be a good choice for that support role

Names of players: Gotze or Ozil
Team you're managing and team you're facing: Spurs (me) vs liverpool fa cup finalPosition and role: AMR - Inside Forward/AP
Season/year: 6th season
Player up against: Jose eneique
Tactical information: Control 4 2 3 1
Additional information: Pitch is large (106 yards by 86 yards) and the weather is cloudy.
Screenshot: