Thurrock getting very close to the Premier League - Stadium delayed problem

milrob07

Reaction score
Well, it's taken long enough but i've finally just got Thurrock into the Championship and I am currently on an unbeaten run of 4 league games.

I've played previous Football Managers and have never really got into Lower League Management but I thought i'd give it a go this time and started with Thurrock in the Blue Square South (Predicted bottom by the media). I spent 3 seasons in the Blue Square South (finishing 10th, 5th and finally 1st) and since then I have gained consecutive promotions each season, with the easiest season being my promotion from League 2 where I was top by 15 points.

However i've now got my problem, I had a new stadium annonced, 2 years ago to be ready in 2 years (about 3 months ago) but the stadium hasn't gone to plan and has been put back 2 times already. But beccause of this and the fact that my staium is only 2,800 seats, my club is ,losing money (300k per month). Does anybody have any experience of stadiums being delayed? I'm very proud of the club but very disappointed that I might have to selol some of my star players.

Please help :-/

Hello, I manage thurrock as well and this season i took them to the Premier league.
Don't worry, u'll have your stadium in a bit; the stadium problem happened to me as well like two or three seasons ago, they said that it would take two years but it finally took like three, im not sure but think it can be because of the lack of founds.
Anyway i think you can see how the development of the stadium is going in the club overview window.
Good luck!