Tiki Scotia - 433 Formation Key passing at it's Finest

OoscotsmanoO

Reaction score
TIKI SCOTIA

Hello all, what I’ve created I believe to be is a fantastic take on a passing Style of play.

This is not a Tiki Taka Style 800 passer per game; I don’t think it’s very fun to watch 800 passes per game and only 5 Key passes, that’s just anti football in my opinion. It’s effective at holding onto a lead which is a very much used tactic by most of the world’s top class teams.

I have called mind Tiki Scotia mainly because it’s not as pass intensive as other possession tactics. It focuses more on getting more or less every player into the game passing it about in the opposition half and then finding that through ball to the main forwards in the team and it’s made by a Scotsman.

Team Instructions

View attachment 260006View attachment 260007View attachment 260053

So above is first look at my new tactic it looks simple enough and infact it is very simple. The idea came at me while thinking about what i like to see in a match. Here is the league table with this tactic.

View attachment 260008

This is where the tactic started to take shape
Having more defensive minded Attackers allows you to incorporate them into the Midfield Passing a lot easier.
They basically all play as Treq role.

I did not change the midfield Mentality that much as i liked the position of the 3 man midfield.
The other change in the mentality part was making sure the defence sat much further forward again to allow easier link up play with players.

View attachment 260013View attachment 260014

All the players in the team have the ability to pass and create chances but i wanted to 3 man midfield to be able to use their creative freedom and through ball the forwards more often and also including the Wingbacks in the attack more often aswell but i dont want them through ball passing it too much as this will rush the attack and lose the ball opening up the defence to a common counter attack.

Set Piece Instructions

View attachment 260015View attachment 260016View attachment 260017

Set- pieces
I have set up my most successful short passing tactic yet in my opinion with Fabregas getting almost all of his goals from some great link up play with Xavi and Iniesta

Iniesta takes the corner, Xavi turns finds fabregas outside the box who then either finds another player to pass to or takes his chances with a longshot into the back of the net, it’s quite fun to watch and far more in-depth and harder to emulate then the Supposed Corner Exploit that is the near post corner goal.

The same Style takes place with the Attacking Free kicks, I find that regardless to what you choose you still end up seeing your corner set up for most freekicks and the occasional Iniesta Bullet FK into the back of the net.

Not one goal was Scored from near post corner goals in my save and i think that the short corner/freekick tactic ive set up is a far better way to get your goals when taking your set piece.

Set Piece takers - Take note of the TM/PM section

View attachment 260019

The way ive set up my takers is having the MCL as the Corner taker, the MC as the Short position and then pick your 2nd best FK/Corner as back up like above.

Throw-ins having the DL and DR use them allows the more creative player who is more central to stay in their position and collect the ball and start the attack.

Targetman/playmakers

The MC or the best player in midfield as your Primary TM/PM then just add in the rest of your Midfield to both lists to allow you to Swap and change players without losing the TM or PM. This is one of the more important things you will need to set on your tactic if you decide to download.

Key players & Stats

View attachment 260022View attachment 260023View attachment 260024View attachment 260025View attachment 260026View attachment 260027View attachment 260028View attachment 260029View attachment 260030View attachment 260031View attachment 260032View attachment 260033

Above is the key players from the season and as you can see they are all fantastic with ratings and Ofcourse Messi Being the Main outlet for goals just like real life.

If you take a look at more of the statistical screenshots you can see that Almost all of my goals are scored via a Pass Assist which is just fantastic to look at and most of the scored goals are those placed shots into the back of the net.

Some Results

View attachment 260036View attachment 260037View attachment 260038View attachment 260039View attachment 260040View attachment 260041

These are just some of the screenshots i would like to share, Im not after massive amounts of passing, its the key passing i want you to look at here, Racking up some Brilliant stats with iniesta in the majority of games.

The Rest of the Fixtures from all compatitions

View attachment 260042View attachment 260043View attachment 260044View attachment 260045View attachment 260046View attachment 260047View attachment 260048

Only 3 Losses All season

Key Passing

This is where i had the most fun, Watching my players pass the ball about but create lots and lots of Insane chances

View attachment 260049View attachment 260050View attachment 260051View attachment 260052

Topping all the charts in every Compatition with the insane levels of key passing that this magnificent team produced.

Important Information

Patch 12.2.2
Pitch size - Minimum or Standerd
Team talks - whatever you think is required
Oposition instructions - None
Match prep - Attack movement - High
Set your set piece takers and TM/PM when you first start your game
Play every friendly to get your top players used to the system quicker
Rotate players to avoid Unsettled Reserves and keep Squad harmony high

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ff13yvetx6hoc1

I understand that i have used Barcelona and that they are the best team on the game and the easiest to make tactics with But the stats that the tactic produced were too good to just ignore.
its taken me a week to just get this information beucase i no longer have the time for Football manager as i used to. I hope you take your time to Read through my tactic and if you decide to help testing that would be fantastic. This is Large team tactic in my opinion and is not a plug and play, you will need to chance small things to get it working for your desired team of choice.

THIS HAS BEEN SCOTSMAN, THIS IS MY LAST TACTIC ON FM12 THAT WILL GET UPLOADED, WILL CONTINUE WITH FM13.

LIKE THEY SAY, SAVING THE BEST TILL LAST
ENJOY

Last edited:
looks awsome! haven't tried the tactic yet,but could the formation be changed? like with 2 wingers and a dm instead?

cheers

thats why im looking for testers :) could give it a go buddy. let me know how you get on, it might effect the wingbacks tho as they act as Wingers when attacking. just a thought.

i'm playing with Barce and have a great possesion tactic already but i'll defo give this a try as my backs aren't so many involved in the game as yours,I'll give it a test then,set my wingers to cut inside so left the free space for the backs to come in.
I'll let you know how I get on.

Fantastic OP...I may be blind and possibly need to go to Spec Savers put apart from your screenshots what match prep focus do you use and what work level?

I'll cancel that appointment...haha...

Your last flat 442 was fantastic...the passing and movement was cracking and I called it my good'ol faithful tactic when other tactics failed me.

Where do you see your 433 against the 442?

I'll cancel that appointment...haha...

Your last flat 442 was fantastic...the passing and movement was cracking and I called it my good'ol faithful tactic when other tactics failed me.

Where do you see your 433 against the 442?

442 - anti football
433 - Key passing football with similer Possession and less Corner goals from near post :)

your last tactic won me the spl with hearts first season no other tactic did that. look forward to this one

I'm curious, why is the time wasting set to often?

Thanks for this tactic m8. Just one thing, Mascherano, or in my case, Javi Garcia, will play in what position in the midfield?

Thanks for this tactic m8. Just one thing, Mascherano, or in my case, Javi Garcia, will play in what position in the midfield?

I didnt play with any Defencive minded MC's but if he has Decent long shots play him MCR

I didnt play with any Defencive minded MC's but if he has Decent long shots play him MCR

So, what to do with my DMCs? I have Danilo Pereira, Javi Garcia and Crisetig and i don't want to pull them away!! They will not play as DMC, but in you tactic, who's the MC that stays?

So, what to do with my DMCs? I have Danilo Pereira, Javi Garcia and Crisetig and i don't want to pull them away!! They will not play as DMC, but in you tactic, who's the MC that stays?

apv, what trainning program do u use to improve players like danilo?
thanks