Marquinh0s

Reaction score
Im creating a tactic about Tiki-Taka Football.
Our team instructions like that ;

Philosophy : Fluid
Starting strategy : Control
Passing Style : Short
Creative Freedom : More Expressive
Closing Down : Press More
Tackling : .......
Marking : Zonal Marking
Crossing : Default or Drill Crosses .......
Roaming : More Roaming

Defensive Line : Push Up
Width : .......
Tempo : .......
Time Wasting : Sometimes

Focus Passing : Through The Middle
Counter Attack : No
Play Offside : Yes

What's ur think about this instructions? and What should I do for Tiki-Taka Football?
Thanks(A)

Tiki-Taka football is easy, the problem comes up in the final third where the tiki taki gets tight and narrow lol

Drill crosses, press more, I set fullbacks/wingers tackling hard passing on its shortest and no one is allowed to run with the ball but for the one ST and just have your 2 CM playmakers run from deep sometimes and your ST and wingers run from deep often.
Set your wingers to crossing only from the byline with cross aim mixed, put creative freedom normal on your 2 wingers and ST and put it on the smallest for everyone else including the 2 CM playmakers.

Put your defensive line at push up and don't play offside/counter attack, creative freedom default and put your GK distribution to defender collect and his passing on the shortest. Then put one CB stopper and the other CB defend, and again the entire backline with everything on rarely and passing shortest with no creative freedom.

Put through balls sometimes on your 2 CMs and leave your DM with mentality ultra defensive and every other option rarely/shortest/little.
Put your wingers on creative freedom normal, run with ball never and wide play normal/hug touchline/move into channels depending on who you have with passing shortest etc.

Somewhere in that ramble is your answer, the key to getting the tactic right is the balance in the final third and picking the right ball to your poacher/advanced forward/targetman/complete forward ST to score the goals/set them up.

Focus passing through the middle will probably just tighten the game up and encourage the AI to set up a narrow formation to be honest but it's worth a try.

Key things about tiki taki:
Passing: SHORTEST on every player
Creative freedom: Littlest on every defensive player and normal-little on the rest
Run with ball: RARELY for every player except ST sometimes
Tempo: I would go Quick
Width: Normal-Slightly wide

I wouldn't use Control, It uses Stamina far to quickly to be used for long periods of time, especially with fast paced football. Try Using The Attacking or Standard Strategy.

Tempo needs to be quick, but have your time wasting set to mid/high to make alot more passes.

Be aggressive in tackling as your style is worthless without the ball..

You'll need to tweak little things too, Closing Down For CB's and Keeper (Solidify your defence)

Last edited:
Thank you for your answers.I took into consideration your advices and I finished my tactic.I didn't tested yet but when I came to home from training I will test.
Here is the screenshots.Please say my wrongs.Thanks again.
Formation and Team Instuctions :

Complete Forward :

Wingers :

Deep Lying Playmaker :

Central Midfielder :

Defensive Midfielder :

Wing Backs :

Central Defender :

Goalkeeper :

Last edited:
I like it alot mate, I would love to help you testing/developing it since its my kind of tactic <3. I had a successful one on 11.2 patch called La Masia that was basically all about the Tiki Taki short pass after short pass walking it into the net but on 11.3 its useless so hopefully this one pays off. A handy trick as well is GK distribution, I like to use quick throw/defender collect to a specific wingback to up the tempo and launch counter attacks quickly.
If the midfield roles seem inbalanced just touch up the mentality slightly, another little tip: Put tight marking yes on your CM's and when your up against a FLAT 4-4-2 the easiest way to counter it is when the game starts put your wingbacks to mark specifically (tightly) the LM/RM. Don't use that advice on AMR AML just against teams that play a flat 4-4-2, look forward to the first test results mate!

We don't know if this will work yet mate yet alone uploading for download, I think hes testing it and coming back with how it worked.

There is a video on youbtube about tika-taka some points are if I remember right:

All passes are shot, to feet and on along the ground
No player is allowed to run with the ball and every make short runs

What is interesting is how to set the front 3 because on zonalmarking the front 3 are in different postions sometimes it looks like two wingers and a CF, then 3 CF, the Messi behind the font 2 then all shifted to left or right

Watching the Barca v Madrid (5-0) and I have noticed how high Villa Pedro from what I have seen they are in the STL & STR positions

MarquinhOs ... hi i am a great fan of FM can you please paste the screenshots of the Tiki Taka Player Instructions , thanks

I´ve used this tactic for little over half-a-season with WBA. Heavy wins and heavy losses. I have quite young team and quite much new players (playing second season). I tweaked a little team instructions, so that they don´t play offside trap and they use man marking. Still quite much easy goals for opponent. My defenders still don´t defend very tightly.

What should I do or is this because I have a young team and about 5 new players?