Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

I'm back!!!!!
Reaction score
I am sitting at home one day and suddenly i trigger a thought. I have been playing sunday league football for 15 years and i have grown a huge admiration for the game. I have also always been a fan of football management games and as i have seen many managers struggle over the years i have thought to myself 'i could do better than this'. Yet here I am sitting at home at 30 years old playing football manager every day with no job and all i do is play football one day a week at a very low level. Things have to change.

I wake up the next morning and decide i have to do something. I am going to look for a managers position in football.

haha thanks

---------- Post added at 06:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

Today, i saw that there was a management vacancy at Chester City, even though i never thought i would get the job i went for it

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Just 1 day after applying for the Chester job, i received the dreaded letter stating that my application was unsuccessful. I had expected this but i did not expect them to send it me 1 day after i applied. This is a set back in my career and there is no vacancies out there at the minute, so unfortunately i will have to bide my time. It looks like another few weeks on Football Manager............

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

Finally, my opportunity came. After 3 months of looking out for vacancies in the management market, it happened. Ian Baird was sacked by Blue Square South side, Eastleigh. Baird had been under pressure for weeks after he had only managed to guide them to 17th at the start of this season.
As soon as I found this out i immediately found the number for Eastleigh Football club and gave my details and sent in an application form.
Two days later i was confirmed as the NEW MANAGER OF EASTLEIGH FOOTBALL CLUB.

I had finally found a job and as soon as i received the letter i rung my sunday league team manager and told him the news and that i would not be playing for him anymore. He wished me the best of luck and actually asked me for a job!

Stay with this to see how i get on in my first management job!

good luck mate, i have to admit, i thought you where being seriuos, like real life,

i feel like an idiot

lol no m8 i admit i was convincin myself lol do u like it?

Lol xD I thought he was being serious in real life aswell. Nice story mate :) I'm following :p

HAHAHA i thought u wer being serious oh my god

It seems Ian Baird is still there...:(
Don't do this man, I was getting ready to support Eastleigh, with you as a manager...

Last edited:
i am so happy, i wasnt the only one, i wil be following good luck mate

I still havn't found the place where you can see it wasn't irl? :-D

i will update very soon for ne1 that is following of my first month at Eastleigh.

Don't worry lads, I thought he was being serious as well

The first thing i did when i walked into Silverlake Stadium was to call a training session so that i could analyse who was of value and who would not take the club any further. After a few training sessions I came to the conclusion that we had an average squad with a couple of outstanding players. As a result of this, I released many of my players from their contracts and brought a near enough similar amount of players in within the next week. The full details of my transfers are below:

View attachment 15058

The results from my first few weeks started out average as i got to grips with the squad and improved towards the end

FA3Qual Eastleigh 1 - 1 Horsham Branch
FA3QualRep Horsham 2 - 1 Eastleigh Branch
BSS Eastleigh 1 - 1 Maidenhead Adeniyi
BSS Dorchester 1-1 Eastleigh Sharp
BSS Eastleigh 2-1 Hampton & R Quaye, Nade
BSS Eastleigh 1-0 Worcester Nade
BSS Bishop's St 0-2 Eastleigh Eyre o.g, Branch
BSS Eastleigh 1-0 Lewes Adeniyi

I am very happy with how I have started with my team being unbeaten in the league since I took over and taking them from 17th in the league to 8th and now 3 points off the playoffs. However, I am not happy with being knocked out of the F.A cup by a team we were expected to beat. I am also very happy with my signings since I have joined the team especially Raphael Nade who has been impressive and has scored 2 important goals for us.

P.S League Table will be up after next set of fixtures

I am sitting at home one day and suddenly i trigger a thought. I have been playing sunday league football for 15 years and i have grown a huge admiration for the game. I have also always been a fan of football management games and as i have seen many managers struggle over the years i have thought to myself 'i could do better than this'. Yet here I am sitting at home at 30 years old playing football manager every day with no job and all i do is play football one day a week at a very low level. Things have to change.

I wake up the next morning and decide i have to do something. I am going to look for a managers position in football.

I thought he meant look for a position managing a local sunday league side haha.

neh lol im too good for that lol my next update will be up tomorrow cos im too tired to do 1 now but r u enjoyin the story?

Well Done on you good start with Eastleigh That was my first conference side in FM 09 so might be a team I have a bash with in March or whenever. But what do you need to be a Manager of a football team?

what do you mean mackie? i cant interpret ure question?

What history would you need what qualifications you would need to be successful in applying for manager job. Is there any famous non players are Managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.