collerz

Reaction score
Think I have a tactic finally that works, tried all sorts of new positions etc, ended up just replicating my fm 2013 tactic which I won everything with and it seems to be working again. Started a game with spurs did terrible, made this tactic and I've been unstoppable.

View attachment 461559

My tactic is from after the Stoke game onwards. Being spurs who are obviously no slouches but the results seem good beating Arsenal 2-0 away, City 3-0 away and Chelsea 5-1 at home, with one hick up against Southampton in a game I annoyingly didn't win.

View attachment 461556

Most roles speak for themselves, this tactic does not rely on pacey wingers more so technical attacking midfielders with good movement which is why I thought spurs suited this (I sold Lennon). The CM's are there to be bullies and will pick up cards the DLP needs to be the better passer of the two obviously. A well rounded striker who suits the complete forward role is preferable.

I find using attacking movement and ball control for training suits this tactic best.

If you decide to use this tactic hope it works like it has for me and any feedback would be cool.

Last edited:
Hi Collerz, I am currently playing with Spurs too and I will give this tactic a try! Hope it works as good as it did for you. I am also wondering who your leftback is.

Last edited:
I signed Baines he was very expensive though, the tactic I started with used very attacking fullbacks which I thought would suit him. I also signed Benteke and trained him as a poacher to improve his pacey stats make him more well rounded. Soldado has been terrible but he may be better for you.

no space of Townsend then? lol or retraining to play AMC

yeah retrained as an AMC, i did play inside forwards originally to suit him but this tactic worked for me hopefully when he has been trained properly he will play better, he should fit the role theoretically but lamela has been awesome.

In my brief FM14 testing I've failed miserably trying to set a creative 4-2-3-1... will defo try your tactic as it looks very close to the one I'd like for my team :)

which type of players work best as AM's? central AMC more of a traditional playmaker? wider AMC's more like inside forwards (left-footed on right side and viceversa)?

Not really sure what foot is best for the AM, naturally they move into channels rather than cut inside. I use lamela who has been great on both sides I play him generally on the left (he's left footed). The central AMC will get assists and the other two will also but are there to score goals, lamela is my top goalscorer. The wider AM's need good technical attributes (dribbling, ball control, technique etc.) off the ball is important also. The central needs to be the best passer as he will get lots of assists, hopefully.

Gonna go give it a try out with Watford in the Championship first season, having massive problems trying to score this looks decent, got some of the best strikers and AM in the perm

View attachment 461455

Finished 2nd in the league, only started using this tactic in november so I would of for sure won the league if I had a whole season with it as my start was shocking.

It should, you could probably do with another hard working cm though and walcott wouldn't fit the system unless you make him into a striker but not sure. They have the AM's to make it work.

gonna give this a go with liverpool will let you know how i get on

One area I have been struggling in this team is the striker, my goals are spread around the team very well but my strikers don't seem to play well enough. Had this issue since I started playing the game though, the chance conversion on this game is stupidly low.

The game engine on fm14 freaking sucks, hopefully they make a patch where 40 shots on average leads to over 1 goal

Are you sure the formation works, went Spurs & lost 5-2 to Arsenal after being 5-0 down lol

i've tried it numerous times and it doesn't seem to work for me either, lost to cruz azul 3nil as Southampton lol