Training the Youth

• Thread starter Thread starter Thefmgod
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5K

Thefmgod

Reaction score
Ive looked and i cant find a good training schedule for youth payers if someone could recommend one id appricate it <3

ravers schedules have always worked a treat for me!

Sam Allardyce
Defensive Counter Attacking Bolton Side
The training schedule would be high in the categories of Strength; Tactics; Defending; and Shooting; and Medium in Ball Control and Attacking; whilst Aerobic was on light training.

Arsene Wenger
Arsenal's beautiful style of play it's attacking and possession football at its best.
The training schedule would be intense Tactics and Attacking; high ball control and the rest on medium.

Jose Mourinho
Chelsea - Power, Muscle and Controlled play
The training schedule would be
Intense Tactics; high Strength and Ball Control; with the rest on medium with the exception of Aerobic which would be on light.

Pick your style and stick with it... see for a brief introduction to alternative methods of training schedules

for youth training I always go high in tactics to get their mental stats up...most important. Then it just depends what player you want to create. I also put their physical training a bit higher coz they wont be playing first team all that often and you want to improve that like the mental stats. If they're an attacking player then maybe put individual training on technique

for youth training I always go high in tactics to get their mental stats up...most important. Then it just depends what player you want to create. I also put their physical training a bit higher coz they wont be playing first team all that often and you want to improve that like the mental stats. If they're an attacking player then maybe put individual training on technique
How would i imply that onto my youth team?

Might be wrong here, but the only way I can think you do it is by going to 'team policy' and taking control of the under 18 team

I realise you are discussing youth, but as soon as they sign a pro contract I move them to the reserves, and there they stay until they are ready for the 1st team. In short I don't use the under-18 squad at all, they're all the grayed out players. This way they play at a higher caliber early on. Also make sure the most promising players are tutored at all times.

Also if the player is spectacular I put him in the 1st team - mark him available for the reserves and play him in easy or cup games.

Last edited:
I've seen a player history somewhere in the forum where i could see that, at the early ages, the player developed most physical attributes. Around his 20's to 23 the player had a big boost on technical and after that the big boost was mental.

I think that most of the players should build a good physical skills, or else i would never pick them to play (dont want to have a 20 technique player with 8 of stamina in the midfield). After that i will try to get the technique worked out when its time for them to play more often (from the 19's to 22's). Finally, the mental attributes will come with time and age by themselves.

Of course i always do this on players that have already good attributes, specially pace stamina and acceleration, determination composure, decisions and anticipation. The technical ones its according to the position, but always above 13/14.

Hope it helped

Back