degsy1

Reaction score
I've not bought 2011 yet, still in the middle of being cheated in a 2010 game. I want to know if they have fixed the transfer system in 2011 before I waste my money.

So far in this game if I want to buy a player I'm held to ransom and have to offer at least three times his value, but if someone wants one of my players I'm lucky if they offer his current game value and it's always non negotiable so I have to hjust reject it. Makes a farse of the game when you can't sell anyone for real money when your opponents are getting Torres level stupid bids.

Also in my network game, my opponent has won the Champions League three years in a row with Olympiakos, but a player at Man Utd (who haven't won a single trophy in the twelve season we've been playing) laighed at the prospect of moving to such a small club. Obviously the game isn't designed to improve a clubs standing in world football unless they are in England....

I'm wondering if its worth continuing with FM or should I try CM for a while?

Dont usher the CM words in here ;)
But to answer you seriously.FM11 is a dramatic improvement over 10 in terms of the transfer market.
The new negociation process with agents is a nice touch. Also dynamic league rep has sorted out clubs standings in world football. I seen one guy that progressed so far that Iceland was the 2nd most respected league in the world.
Transfer fees are more realistic also. Dont expect to pay market value for a player if hes an important player for his team as he may cost 2 or 3 times the price.
Opposition clubs will bid the market value but if there really intrested they can also pay 2 or 3 times market value aswell. Look out for unhappy and transfer listed players and for clubs in debt that have to sell on the cheap.
If you want the most realistic football management game buy fm11 as nothing else compares to it.

The transfers seemed to be better. There are still some guys who won't want to come to my team, even when I am the best team in the world, but seen that twice so far. Most guys who you covet even if the team doesn't want to sell I usually talk to the player. Next enquire. Then offer (if the value is like 8 million) around 20 million. Then 30 million and then usually the club will give a counter and then i hassle them down or will wait until the next transfer period where i will get him between 20-35 million. With my current save i have paid $852 million for 119 players ($130 in the last two year for youth players to fill my B squad and youth systems) and sold 73 players for $1.38B so you can see that I am doing well and I started with a very bad team in Spain.

Thanks for your replies guys. I tried the demo and the negotiatiosn seemed good. I hated 2008 because the transfer system was awful. I offered anelka on a free transfer and no one wanted him until I released him then loads of clubs tried to sign him so I retired and haven't touched it since. 2009 was good, but the transfer system seemed to go the other way and crazy bids were put in for everyone. 2010 seems to be back in the 2008 mould, where you sign a player for £20m and then a month later get bids of £5m for the same player. I would hate to gp to CM but FM is costing me a fortune in replacement PC parts, recently £110 for a new case after it bit the dust from a year of FM cheating.

Never played CM since CM4, so I don't know what it is like, but the transfers are a lot better on this one, especially the contracts side, as you agree/disagree on the contract in one, rather than the player going away, rejecting and so on, although a couple have came back and asked for more.

Yep and your other problem with fm was also sorted as i already mentioned with Dynamic League Reputation. If your managing in a poor league and do well your team benefits and also the entire league will start to sigh more quality players. No other game comes close to fm in terms in realism and playability. £110 is a cheap price for near perfection.
CM4 was the last one i really enjoyed and have bought cm2007 and fifa manager 06. CM was pure unplayable as i could win any league with any team and i only liked fifa manager because you could view your stadium in 3d if you expand.
Football Manager will always be the best in terms of gameplay and longetivity and realism.

i finally got round to buying FM11 a few weeks ago. So far so goo, the game is a lott better, negotiating with players, talking to players, but the transfer system still hasn't impressed me. Still having to offer atleast 3 times the value, but clubs only offering me non negiotable face value for my players. I'm still in my first season, so hopefully once I get players who are good, other teams will be interested. A lot of nice touches so far, and probably some I haven't seen yet, but I've noticed I get a lot of red cards....winning a header seems to be a straight red.