Old Fashioned Standard MC needed for Raikan Might & Magic Tactic?

Falcon 09

Reaction score
Hello there guys, im playing Raikans Might & Magic tactic with Spurs, and i must say its working a treat. However Scott Parker just broke his leg. Im looking for a replacement, just a good solid central midfielder, to play CM support. No playmaker or ball winner, just someone in the Parker mold to work in this tactic. I was going to go for Hamsik, but wasnt sure if he will operate well without the playmaking duty? Ive searched for loads, but they are either ball winners or playmakers. Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance people :)

Jack Cork and Collinson work well for me. Not quite of the "calibre" you are looking for however. Are you looking for Box to Box mids? I'm unfamiliar with parker's playing style in the game. You can always look at players like Kwando Asmoah as well, he's a good supportive mid. Lorenzo Crestig is worth checking too, he's young and might not fit in right now but he will be solid in the future.

Last edited:
I would have said look at Rodwell he will pop up with a few goals and belive it or not he is a good advanced playmaker CM attack

i was thinking of putting a box to box cm, but was trying to stay true to the tactic. I was thinking of maybe Rodwell or Martinez, had Martinez a few years ago and he was great, but played him as a ball winner but wasnt sure he would play supporting. I'll check the ones you have suggested guys, cheers for the help people :D

Jack Collison
Javi Martinez
Jack Rodwell

They are my favourites, in order of quality.