CFC88

Reaction score

Trapattoni in Heart trouble

Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has been forced to leave his post as manager after being diagnosed with a serious heart condition. The 72 year old had been suffering from symptoms of the heart defect for a number of months according to his assistant Marco Tardelli, but refused treatment from the national teams doctor. In an interview with "The Guardian" he stated "Gio is going to pay the consequences for not taking the advice given by many people who love and care about the well-being of a man who is heavily respected in the football world" Trapattoni was admitted to Beaumont Hospital last night after suffering from a small heart attack and doctors are fearing the worst. The IFA have admitted they are devestated by the news and are desperate to find a new manager soon as they Euro 2012 qualifying campgain starts soon.

Geovanni on his first day in charge
View attachment 150324

View attachment 150387

Give Me The Job

Roy Keane has today posted a comment via Twitter stating he thinks he is the right man to lead the Republic of Ireland to Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine. Keane turned out 67 times in the green shirt scoring 9 goals. The ex- Manchester United and Celtic midfielder is currently unemployed after being sacked by Ipswich Town after a string of shocking displays, The start to Keanes managerial career hasn't been the brightest despite leading Sunderland to the Premiership 3 seasons ago. But Keane thinks it will be a great opportunity to show the world his coaching abilities by taking the lads to Euro 2012. The IFA will be hosting a press conference tomorrow at 4pm, and may announce the new manager of the national team

They admire me

Keane Turning out for Ireland

View attachment 150394

View attachment 150395

Keane Gets The Job

Roy Keane was unexpectedly unveiled as Republic of Ireland's new head coach for the 2012 European qulifying campgain at a press-conference held at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin last night. The press conference was supposed to be about the friendly matches arranged against Brazil, Paraguay and Argentina before the qualifying campgain starts. But after revealing the friendlies, there was a shock in store for the press who turned up in their numbers last night in hope of a huge story and were in luck. Fans weren't expecting to find out the new manager til mid February but now here on the 8th of January, there are mixed emotions in the country. Some are delighted as Keane has the presence of a father figure for the players being only 38 years old but there are others who think Keane's not a good enough manager to take Ireland to their first major competition since the 2002 World Cup in Korea where they only managed to get to the 2nd round. Keans first press conference will take place on January 17th at 7pm.

Good Story So Far Mate, Keep It Up :D

I Promise We'll Be There

New Republic of Ireland manager Roy Keane last night held his first press-conference at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin. 8 million people watched it in Britain alone broadcasting live on Sky Sports News while Roy answered the questions asked by the press with a great passion. He is indeed determined to get the full support of the nation and also to succeed in getting Ireland to Euro 2012.

Keane agrees for pictures to be taken at new stadium before questioning

BBC: Congratulations on becoming manager of your country, how does this make you feel ?

Roy: I'm so happy, this is the greatest achievement in my life so far. Its an honour to take charge of my homeland and I hope i can do so for a long time.

SkySportsNews: What are your ambitions coming into the job ?

Roy: Well i am desperate to see Ireland in a major international tournament once again, its been a really long time since our great nation has been in one. Also I want to get the lads playing an attractive game which will entertain the crowd.

TheSun: Robbie Keane is the current captain of the national team, are you considering appointing another man to lead the guys out ?

Roy: I will need to sit down with Robbie and discuss the possibilty of another player becoming captain, but Robbie shall remain captain in the meantime.

DailyRecord: A friendly match against Brazil is only a month away now, are you excited about facing world class opposition ?

Roy: Of course im excited, it will be a fantastic occasion for all involved, it will help me get to know the lads a bit better also and it shall give me a rough idea on the tactics i should use in future games.

MOTD: What are your views on the brand new stadium your home games shall be played in. ?

Roy: The stadium is absolutely stunning, I cant wait to see a packed 50,000 stadium covered in the famous Green and white singing our national anthem, it will be a superb occasion.

WorldSoccerMagazine: Will you be looking to bring in your own staff or will the likes of Pat Bonner and Marco Tardelli be staying ?

Roy: Last question, Those two will be staying, but ive been in contact with a few guys who I hope will come and help me as these two men are alot more experienced than I am plus have been on the international stage. That shall be all for now until a further date

DEALS ALMOST FINALISED

Republic of Ireland Squad Announced.

There have been a few shock editions to Roy Keanes first Republic of Ireland squad to play Brazil at the Emirates Stadium next Tuesday including possible debuts for Aston Villa's Ciaran Clark, Inverness CT's Adam Rooney and Wigan Athletics Conor Sammon

Goalkeepers

Shay Given
Kieran Westwood
Paddy Kenny

Defenders

John O'Shea
Darren O'Dea
Ciaran Clark
Kevin Foley
Richard Dunne
Stephen Ward
Marc Wilson
Andy O'Brien
Steve Finnan

Midfielders

James McCarthy
Andy Ried
Stephen Hunt
Darren Gibson
Aiden McGeady
Seamus Coleman
Damien Duff
Steven Ried
John Walters

Strikers

Conor Sammon
Robbie Keane (c)
Kevin Doyle
Adam Rooney
Simon ***

PRE-Match Interview.

Jeff: Roy, your minutes away from your first game in charge, how are you handling it ?

Roy: I'm very relaxed, im sure the lads will do me proud tonight.

Jeff: You have went with a very attacking formation, does this mean you believe you can win the game ?

Roy: Yes, 100%, thats the only way you can approach a game, by believing you'll win the match and the 4-3-1-2 formation is a very attacking approach to the match.

Jeff: With the likes of Robinho, Lucio and Julio Cesar out there tonight, how do you cope with them.

Roy: Ive told the lads to get shots away as quickly and as many in quantity as possible as Cesar has been known to have butter fingers and Robinho is disgustingly over rated so he wont be causing any problems.

Jeff: Good luck tonight.

Roy: Thanks Jeff

View attachment 150504

We Were Robbed !!!

Ireland 0 - 1 Brazil

Robinho - 43'

Brazil waltzed into the Emirates Stadium anticipating a comfortable against an unfancied Ireland. The match was certainly not one for the purists with neither side able to keep the errors out of their game.

The match began in controversy with Brazil seeing two goals being disallowed un controversial circumstances. Ireland also saw their 34th minute strike questionably chalked off after Julio Cesar spilled from a long-range Gibson effort.

Brazils winner came through Robinho as he seized upon debutant Ciaran Clarks mistake to score a good header from just inside six yard box. Ireland were nearly gifted a goal on 79 minutes through Alex lapse of concentration but they failed to capatalise on the opportunity presented to them.

Both teams had a number attempts on goal, which promised much, but the quality of finishing was poor throughout

Match Report by: Thomas McLean

Good start mate, I like it! Keep it I will defo continue to follow :)

Post-Match discussion/interview.

View attachment 150717

Their Views On the match

View attachment 150718 View attachment 150719

Andy Gray: Ireland played some good football tonight, and they were unlucky not to be given that goal, Kevin was a mile onside, but Brazil showed their class by scoring that vital goal.

Richard Keys: Jamie, Do you think Keane will be successful in getting Ireland to Euro 2012.

Jamie Redknapp: Yes definately, He knows all the lads really well and he has performed magnificently on the international stage during his career and this could help him along the way.

Richard Keys: Jeff Shreaves is with Roy just now.

View attachment 150724

Jeff: Roy, your lads put up a heck of a fight out there tonight, have they done you proud ?

Roy: Indeed, the lads were superb tonight. We gave it a real good shot against such world class opposition but im disappointed that Kev's goal didnt count as he clearly was yards onside.

Jeff: You gave a few debuts today, including Ciaran Clark who's mistake led to the goal, also Adam Rooney and Simon *** were thrown on in the last minutes of the game, Do they have a future in the team. ?

Roy: Ciaran was great tonight, the goal wasnt his fault at all the ball took a dodgy bounce. and yes Adam Rooney scored 25 goals last season, and is destined to score a lot more at ICT and hopefully for Ireland. and Simon is a superb player all round and im delighted he chose Ireland over England.

Jeff: Thanks Roy

Roy: Cheers

Republic of Ireland 4 - 2 Paraguay

An effecient performance from Ireland saw them run out 4-2 over Paraguay at R.D.S. A brace from Kevin Doyle helped Ireland pick up their first victory under Roy Keane.

Kevin Doyle gave Ireland the lead with a powerful strike in the 35th minute. Wigan's new frontman and debutant Conor Sammon doubled the lead with an accurate finish on 57 minutes.

Striker Federico Santander gave the Paraguay fans a glimmer of hope after 61 minutes with a well timed close range finish. Then the ref made a controversial decision when Kevin Doyles header was chalked off.

Midfielder Enrique Vera then equalised for Paraguay in the 76th minute with a weak close range effort. Sammon then added his 2nd goal of the game with a well struck effort on 88 minutes to give Ireland the lead.

It was a superb solo effort and the debutant looked delighted. Doyle then completed the scoring with an accurate finish on 90 minutes.

Report by Jacob Gents​

Sorrry all readers !!!

My save game crashed and wont let me open it

sorry again