Troll Hunter and Foreign films

drezzy86

Reaction score
I've just watched Troll Hunter and it was brilliant. It was a Norwegian movie with English subtitles, and i really enjoyed it. Does any one else have any recommended foreign films?

Cheers

These films were really good and subtitle films from various countries.

Secret In There Eyes
The Lives Of Others
White Ribbon
Oldboy
Memories Of Murder
Festen
Stalker

District XIII (French) and City of God (Portuguese).

City of God
District 9 (South African/American)
Pans Labyrinth (Spanish, won like 3 Oscars, brilliant)

Troll Hunter was cool :)

Pet Hate #214: People asking to be recommended foreign films.

It's not a genre and without any real knowledge of what films you like other than Troll Hunter you'll get such a wide range of answers. The only film recommended so far that is anything like Troll Hunter is probably District 9.

Good job on watching something not in your native language and with subtitles though. It instantly makes you better than most people. <3

Pet Hate #214: People asking to be recommended foreign films.

It's not a genre and without any real knowledge of what films you like other than Troll Hunter you'll get such a wide range of answers. The only film recommended so far that is anything like Troll Hunter is probably District 9.

Good job on watching something not in your native language and with subtitles though. It instantly makes you better than most people. <3

However, foreign films don't get that much publicity here, and a lot of them are really good, regardless of genre, so it is good to get some suggestions.

However, foreign films don't get that much publicity here, and a lot of them are really good, regardless of genre, so it is good to get some suggestions.

Although i would like to watch some more movies along the lines of Troll Hunter, i am open to any. I have watched some Bollywood films on net flix and there are a few gems there, along with some Japanese movies.

I read that the Americans are going to remake Troll Hunter. This is a shame, i really think my enjoyment came from the way the movie was made, it wasn't over the top and the graphics were really good.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, i shall be checking these out xx

Isn't this a bit of a retarded request, kind of like saying could you recommend Transformers 3 & other films in English.

If you are looking for a film that will shock you this one will A Serbian Film its not my cup of tea but if you like horror films might be for you

from what one of my freind have told me about this film it is very disturbing

A Serbian Film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you like Horror films featuring.. Child rape.. Necrophilia.. actually it doesn't sound like a horror, just a ****** up film. Can't see the appeal in that.

Hmm.. OP, I would probably suggest against watching that film lol.

Isn't this a bit of a retarded request, kind of like saying could you recommend Transformers 3 & other films in English.

No, not really, Gregor. It could point to Laziness on my part, as there are thousands of "Foreign" films and i simply cannot be bothered to search for them, i was just looking for recommendations.

It's like saying "I really liked Braveheart, are there any other films any one could recommend to me that from are the middle ages?"

x

If you like Horror films featuring.. Child rape.. Necrophilia.. actually it doesn't sound like a horror, just a ****** up film. Can't see the appeal in that.

Hmm.. OP, I would probably suggest against watching that film lol.

Wow, i dont think there will be any American Remake of this lol, i dont mind horror movies but this one looks like it's pushing the boat out too far, ha, may have to watch it though

If you are looking for a film that will shock you this one will A Serbian Film its not my cup of tea but if you like horror films might be for you

from what one of my freind have told me about this film it is very disturbing

A Serbian Film - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have just watched it....Wow, it is extremely disturbing...As far a a film goes, it was very well done and of high quality, but still, was wrong.