How should I set up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

*Paul*

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'd just like to ask for some tips/help with Palermo (I uninstalled FM, have test coming up, so I can't post screenshots/don't know the whole team) for a Counter-Attacking 4-5-1. I've read the 'Tactician's Chalkboard' (thanks iNickStuff!) but I don't know how to set up for this.

I've got Abel Hernandez up front (maybe signing Necid) and Pastore just behind him, so would a Poacher-Advanced Playmaker combo work well? Or should I sometimes start Necid so I can use Hernandez as an impact sub?

The whole point of this tactic, for me, is to go defensive against big teams like Inter and Juve, and the striker (Necid or Hernandez) will keep their defenders busy, not inviting them into our half and holding up the ball. If I play Hernandez as a impact sub, surely he would have more impact against the tired opposition CBs, especially after dealing with Tomas Necid?

Any help is welcome, and I may upload the tactic once I make it.

Thanks,
*Paul*

Last edited:
defensively a Target man is better than a poacher... you can have your players crossing the ball to his head.. he will also hold up the ball for your players (especially Pastore) to join the play! Attacking Mid - Attack for Pastore, you want to utilize his physical aspects more than his mental...

Abel coming on as a Super sub to try and score the late winner or eqaulizer, of course you are going to have to change the PI (you can set this up already and have it as your 2nd tactic in your match prep - attacking movement on full) to gain its fluidity...

I would suggest using a Complete Forward more than just a Target Man, they offer the TM role as well as the Poacher role... use your one signing on Non Eu and look at Thiago Ribeiro - Cruzeiro or Kleber - Cruzeiro, Hulk - Porto of Falcao - Porto

*BUMP*
Thanks for the help Raikan, any other tips from other people? Oh, and how much would Ribeiro or Falcao cost? Anyone I can get for under £5m (I want to buy Renan, Annan and some other players too!)?

Closing this thread in one day, so please vote now!

Ribeiro would/should cost no more than 8million (maybe 10m at most)

when it's about palermo, i'm a sort of authority (joking of course)
if it's counter attack you're looking for, you should go for Koflok's goals galore v5
my palermo save it's been the best save i've ever had and the team showed great consistency since season one

if you want to create your own tactic then think that:

pastore is pretty much the real deal at AMC but with duties set as advanced playmaker., no trequartista. i played him in the midfield for 10 seasons, but the duty suited him so well that he did wonders, so i reckon that as AMC he's going to be great as well

as for abel hernandez, as a poacher he's kind of devastating. in my save i converted him as AML because i had a legendary regen as a poacher since 2013, but in the first three seasons he played as lone striker, set as poacher, and scored 25, 19 and 21 goals in the league for me

palermo, especially in the first season, lacks in winger, so i would suggest you, if you plan to use AMR or AML, is to buy someone for the left, because pastore is good even as AMR, but miccoli is injured for most of the time so you would lack a left inside forward

i wouldn't mind spending money (if they're not too much, i seem to recall that MZ gave me 6M € for my first season) for a striker sub, pinilla is not that bad and when he's got confidence could be great. at least one fullback for the bench is required, since there's no one in the team that can cover for cassani and balzaretti

i hope these pieces of advice are useful to you

p.s. use migliaccio as a anchor man, since nocerino is great as MC as well

Thanks for all the help, guys, really appreciate it. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.