JonoMUFC

Reaction score
I recently started a game as liverpool, I felt sorry for there current league predictament and decided i could give it a good shot. I bought former lyon striker Fred in my first season to cover for the constantly injured Torres for 11 million. His first season was average at best, scoring a measly 10 goals in like 40 appearances (torres was injured quite a bit) i also had to send him home during january due to severe homesickness and his wanting to leave the club permanently.

He came back in February raring and ready to go and closed out the season in average form.

Next season starts and as always the magnificent torres is out quite a bit, step in Fred who has now found confidence in himself and filling in torres shoes perfectly, scoring 18 goals and 8 assists in 32 games, hes enjoying playing at the club and im his favourite personnel!

My question is what players have you had struggle to play and want to quit in there first season (generally a foreigner) and come back the next season ready to destroy and repaying there managers confidence with man of the match performance.

Arda Turan till I brought in his compatriot Volkan Demirel
Diego Renan first season at Barcelona was horrible, is now filling in Daniel Alves' shoes nicely.

Arda Turan till I brought in his compatriot Volkan Demirel
Diego Renan first season at Barcelona was horrible, is now filling in Daniel Alves' shoes nicely.

Nice, must be a Brazilian thing, seems to happen in the real world to, guys like robinho don't settle into new places very well. So bringing a compatriot can work? i had lucas and diego cavaliari in my liverpool save, didnt seem to make fred wanna stay around

To answer your question; Yes. Once, mind you, but I have had a player that was unhappy at the club, but turned out good.

Nikita Andreev came to my old Airdrie squad around 2010-2011 season along with others. He was never happy at all that season. As well as that, another player of mines was acting the same [Gérson]. So I had an experiment, does sending the player on leave cure him of homesickness quicker than just playing him? Answer for me being, playing solves it quicker. Anyway, back to Andreev.

In his third season with Airdrie, I had Javier Hernandez, Romelu Lukaku and Abel Hernandez, so I was sure Andreev wasn't going to play. Hernandez, Abel, got sent off a bit so I used Andreev and, he was scoring for fun. I was shocked... not shocked enough to drop my top scorer, A. Hernandez, mind you. XD

Fred second season with liverpool was amazing, he more then paid back his transfer fee. He scored 28 times in 42 appearances actually scoring more then Torres and 4 less then Gerrard. Very pleased with sending him away the season before, his happiness and goals certainly were a big contribution towards my Premier League title win in 10/11. Ive only had success with Balotelli when managing the Italian National side, always flops for me at club level

gourcuff.....accidently didnt add him to premiership list, he stated in the press that he was really angry and found me hard to work with....6 months later im now on his favoured person list and hes my top scorer and world and european player of the year, will add screenies later

gourcuff.....accidently didnt add him to premiership list, he stated in the press that he was really angry and found me hard to work with....6 months later im now on his favoured person list and hes my top scorer and world and european player of the year, will add screenies later

Haha i did that to, i cant remember which player it was (i know it was a major important signing) but used the auto select function for team numbers, next thing i know im going through my tactics for my upcoming match and said player is unavaliable! i had to wait til january to put him in the squad

Haha i did that to, i cant remember which player it was (i know it was a major important signing) but used the auto select function for team numbers, next thing i know im going through my tactics for my upcoming match and said player is unavaliable! i had to wait til january to put him in the squad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rks-Cr3Fr_k"]YouTube - Family Guy "Oh Nooooo"[/ame]​

same bought him first season for arsenal he flopped so i sent him to madrid on loan next season then he came back january that year and set the prem alight.

Balotelli is a real thorn, a very good player, but mood-swings are killers and he's allergic to criticism, simply bear with him for the first half season or so (No harsh criticism) and he'll work beautifully, he only works through encouragment.