Wilshere signs new Arsenal deal

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Arsenal midfielder Jack Wilshere signs a new long-term contract at the Premier League club.

More...

Good to see. Star for sure if he keeps the way he's playing up.

Woop! Never in doubt, but great that he's committing his future to the club:

gun__1288623454_wilshere_contract.jpg

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Jack Wilshere has signed a new long-term contract with the Club.

Wilshere, who has been at Arsenal since the age of nine, has made a huge impact with his performances in the first-team this season, already making eight Premier League appearances and featuring in all three UEFA Champions League matches so far this campaign.

The 18 year-old has now made a total of 27 first-team appearances, scoring two goals. On making his debut at Blackburn Rovers in September 2008, he became the youngest-ever player to represent Arsenal in the league, aged just 16 years and 256 days.

Two months later in November 2008, Wilshere, who spent the second half of last season on loan at Owen Coyle's Bolton Wanderers, became the youngest player to represent the Club in European competitions, at 16 years and 329 days, when Arsenal faced Dynamo Kyiv in the UEFA Champions League.

Earlier this season, Jack was rewarded for his rapid development by earning his first full England cap, playing for the Three Lions in the Friendly International match against Hungary at Wembley Stadium in August.

Arsène Wenger said: "It's such great news that Jack has committed his long-term future to the Club. Jack is a fantastic footballer with a huge amount of potential, and we have all seen with his performances so far that he is a very gifted player, who could be an extremely influential player at the top level of the game.

"At still only 18 years of age, there is still so much more to come from him and we're all excited by the fact that Jack Wilshere will be an Arsenal player for years to come."

Jack Wilshere added: "Arsenal Football Club has been like a second home for me and my family since I was nine years old. To be offered a new contract means everything to me.

"At this point in my career, when I'm only 18 years old and still learning so much about the game and myself, this is the perfect club, the perfect team-mates, the perfect fans, the perfect backroom staff and most importantly, the perfect manager to help continue that.

"I've got a long way to go before I can become the player I dream of becoming and I'm sure I'll keep making the odd mistake, but it is a massive help for me having a special manager like Arsène Wenger and so many quality team-mates and the unbelievable Arsenal fans around me. I believe there is a lot more to come from me.

"I've been at the Club for almost ten years already, so I would like to thank everyone that has been part of getting me this far, especially people like Liam Brady, Roy Massey and all his staff at the Hale End Academy. Also Neil Banfield, Steve Bould, Academy Coach Steve Leonard, Academy Scout Bob Arber, Assistant Head of Youth Development David Court, all the backroom staff, Arsène Wenger, all my team-mates and, of course, my family."

Everyone at Arsenal Football Club is looking forward to Jack's continued contribution in the forthcoming years.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/jack-wilshere-signs-new-long-term-contract

excellent footballer, i hope he and McEachran can be the centre midfield partnership at World Cup 2018 hopefully in England.

Delighted to see this happen, Wilshere's best place for development is none other than the Arsenal Football Club