South Africa's Louis Oosthuizen wins the Open.

hilly32

Reaction score
South Africa's Louis Oosthuizen held his nerve brilliantly to win the Open by seven shots at St Andrews.

Well at least we had an Englishman finish second!

He looked good out there. Can't belive his starting price of 150/1. That would have been a nice bet to have on.

He looked good out there. Can't belive his starting price of 150/1. That would have been a nice bet to have on.
250/1 in some bookies. He did well, key for him was getting through Thursday early and missing most of that strong wind. I was hoping a few would put pressure on him today but it never really happened. Not the most exciting final day of a major but well done to him, he clearly deserved to win.

Fair play to the lad, great achievemant.
But if Mcilroy hadn't had to play his 2nd round in those awful weather conditions I believe he would have won

McIlroy probably would have won it...but he is one for the future and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get close to world no.1. Would have been interesting if someone could have mounted a challenge and would have been magical to see tiger woods pull off a great round to get back into contention. Solid performance from oosthuizen though.

At one point today i was expecting there to be a massive change but nothing 'Big' actually happened. But fair play to the lad, he got some skills! :$