What I dont get is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Basically this is a thread about things that you just dont get about FM 2010. It can be anything, such as in game issues, community issues in the forums etc.

Ill start off with three -

1. How nearly everyone who posts tactics on the forum all seem to manage Arsenal, Man City, Milan ect. No offence to them but seriously? Well established clubs with millions upon millions of pounds and worldwide reputations. I once managed AC Milan in one of my games, I won the Serie A and Coppa Italia and reached the semi's of the Champions League.
I made one signing (Van Der Vaart) and played the formation and tactics that my assistants suggested. Where is the fun in that? In my opinion there is no fun in it at all. Wow! Massive achievement there, you won the league with the team expected to win the league. Just seems like a hollow victory. I deleted this game after that season.

2. Loans... God **** loans! I detest them! I am currently managing Yeovil Town. The season objective is to avoid relegation, but I have them in 5th after 35 or so games so not doing to badly at all. However a major factor in league 1and league 2 football is loaning players due to the lack funds to purchase them. Yet every single one of my loan offers has been rejected by the player. Yeovil surely dont have that poor of a reputation do they?
Im playing on the unpatched version, but if you look at the players I have offer loans to, some of them probably wouldnt even get into my first team for example:

Sanchez Watt - Arsenal
David Ball - Man City
Guathier Mahoto - Portsmouth
and Antony Edgar - West Ham

If you actually look at their stats they really arent that good in all honsety!

3. Free Kicks, why is it that youre player has to have the free kick attribute at 15+ to even stand a chance of scoring. My free kick takers both have the free kick attribute at 12 and decisions at 10 or 11. I have never scored from any free kick what so ever that includes DFKs and IFKs. It just seems to be completely un realistic, surely just on percentages one of them has to go in?

when your selling a player like say fabricco collicihhno (spelling) newcastle he wanted to be sold so i accepted and he wants like 40k a week till end of contract it **** right pi**'s me of

How there are 211 000 members on this site, on which there have been 518 000 posts made. BY my calculations that means the average member has made 2.45 posts... Not good.

when your selling a player like say fabricco collicihhno (spelling) newcastle he wanted to be sold so i accepted and he wants like 40k a week till end of contract it **** right pi**'s me of

A mate of mine had that same problem with Kieron Dyer! He hates him now haha! :D

I Want to be a foriegn team, only foriegn team I've been is ajax, so go on, hit me with your best!

Basically this is a thread about things that you just dont get about FM 2010. It can be anything, such as in game issues, community issues in the forums etc.

Ill start off with three -

1. How nearly everyone who posts tactics on the forum all seem to manage Arsenal, Man City, Milan ect. No offence to them but seriously? Well established clubs with millions upon millions of pounds and worldwide reputations. I once managed AC Milan in one of my games, I won the Serie A and Coppa Italia and reached the semi's of the Champions League.
I made one signing (Van Der Vaart) and played the formation and tactics that my assistants suggested. Where is the fun in that? In my opinion there is no fun in it at all. Wow! Massive achievement there, you won the league with the team expected to win the league. Just seems like a hollow victory. I deleted this game after that season.

2. Loans... God **** loans! I detest them! I am currently managing Yeovil Town. The season objective is to avoid relegation, but I have them in 5th after 35 or so games so not doing to badly at all. However a major factor in league 1and league 2 football is loaning players due to the lack funds to purchase them. Yet every single one of my loan offers has been rejected by the player. Yeovil surely dont have that poor of a reputation do they?
Im playing on the unpatched version, but if you look at the players I have offer loans to, some of them probably wouldnt even get into my first team for example:

Sanchez Watt - Arsenal
David Ball - Man City
Guathier Mahoto - Portsmouth
and Antony Edgar - West Ham

If you actually look at their stats they really arent that good in all honsety!

3. Free Kicks, why is it that youre player has to have the free kick attribute at 15+ to even stand a chance of scoring. My free kick takers both have the free kick attribute at 12 and decisions at 10 or 11. I have never scored from any free kick what so ever that includes DFKs and IFKs. It just seems to be completely un realistic, surely just on percentages one of them has to go in?
1. Not always true. I posted a tactic to be tested which I made with Hércules, who, in my game, were predicted to finish rock bottom of La Liga. The tactic was one of the better ones tested *blowing own trumpet*

2. Again, not always true. Loans are important but have you tried the free transfer market? Some gems in there for your division, either young or old.

3. Again XD. I had a youngster on an old lower league save with free kicks about 13, decisions below 10 and he managed to score a free kick. IFK's are easier than DFK's in my opinon, you just have to make sure the right players are forward [good heading, composure, etc.]. Essentially, it's just down to how you play, how your players stats are and luck, I guess. :)

How there are 211 000 members on this site, on which there have been 518 000 posts made. BY my calculations that means the average member has made 2.45 posts... Not good.
Most forums are like that, really, most will make a few posts, and forget about it, others come to spam, and not many make it over a few hundred

Status
Not open for further replies.