Van Der Sar replacement?

• Thread starter Thread starter zzeezzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4K

zzeezzy

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am making this post because i was wondering who i should replace Van Der Sar with, now i am replacing Van Der Sar as i feel it is time to get a no.1 goalkeeper and i was considering Rene Adler. But my scouts recently have spoken very highly of the Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer. They say he would be a quality signing but i was just wondering what do you guys make of him? I think he would be a cheaper option then Adler aswell. But what do you guys think?

Also Arjen Robben got recommended as a quality signing what do you guys think, do you think he would be worth buying?

I am currently in second season with january transfer window fast approaching and that is where i want to try and get my replacement for Van Der Sar and get a possible other signing such as Robben.

Please tell me what you guys think and what your ideas are, it will help alot and be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any advice or comments.

i got adler on my man u save and hes quality paid 20mil but worth every penny!

Igor Akinfeev is a really good goalkeeper . Expensive though!

hugo lloris, lyon great gk, probably expensive i always sign him in 1st season.
Ben foster is also a good choice, good potential even tho the staff dont think so (bcos they r rubbish)

My choice is Akinfeev, iv got him on my Man United save and he oozes class, though Ben Foster, given the right training, does develop into a good keeper

Alder he is quality, only for the fact I have Frey who is also a top keeper I would be buying him!

At the start of my Arsenal game I always look for a young, class GK. Out of the top 5 options (Adler, Neuer, Akinfeev, Lloris and Mandanda), Adler is my first choice. I always get him for 17mil, but you are not at the start of the game, and it might be that you can get Neuer for cheaper. Adler and Neuer's stats are very similar, with Adler being slightly better. See what your scouts say and get the cheapest one, as the biggest difference would be price, and not their stats.

on my save adler got tranfer listed and im currently using foster in goal atm but im thinking of bringing in a new keeper as he aint very good at keeping clean sheets very often as he dont perform very well against the smaller teams:P

Guillermo Ochoa
Santos Rafael
Sergio Romero
Diego Benaglio
Andrea Consigli
Renan
Emilano Viviano
Fernando Muslera
Sam Cowler

Top two keepers in FM are actually

1. Rene Adler
2. Neuer

Igor Akinfeev is a really good goalkeeper . Expensive though!

I agree, I bought him to replace Reina because he wanted a new challenge. Got £25M for Reina and bought Akinfeev for £32M, he was worth it.

Back