shalabi

Reaction score
If you accept these types of jobs, must you leave your old job or is it an extra position?

You can keep your club job as well. Its the same as taking a full national job. I think for most olympic teams you are removed from the position after the tournament finishes as you wont play again for another 4 years

Thanks, That's what I thought. The reason I asked is because the news feeds were acting as if I was looking to replace my job when applying for the US U23 job.

I managed GB in 2012 after my first season with Arsenal. It's a good bit of fun, lost in the final to Spain :(

Out of interest, I wonder what would happen if you were already a club and international manager at the time (of a team that doesn't compete in the Olympics themselves) - I presume you'd have to leave the International job to do the Olympics?

@covmatty1

Your hypothesis is likely correct. More than likely it would be like when you try to sign a contract when you dont have the space or the okay of the board... it just denies you the opportunity to sign.

I managed GB in 2012 after my first season with Arsenal. It's a good bit of fun, lost in the final to Spain :(

Same mate. Lost on a penalty shootout with andy carroll missing our 5th pen :mad:

Managed Spain in 2012, won the finals against Redknapp's Great Britain. :D